It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marriage proposal on Ellen does not go well?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Flipping through the channels on this rainy afternoon, I paused on Ellen just as she was introducing someone who wanted to propose to his girlfriend. He had obtained tickets for her to attend today's gift giveaway show.

I have to admit that although I have nothing against Ellen, I am not a regular viewer or even an infrequent one. However who does not like a good romantic proposal? So I watched that portion and was left in a state of confusion afterwards. Had the woman accepted? I thought I distinctly heard her say she was sorry and that she couldn't, yet the smiling audience cheered wildly and jumped to their feet. Huh?

So I searched for the video online and found it, wondering if I was mistaken. I'll leave the link for you to watch and tell me what you think. It's right in the beginning of the video.

Link

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You're link only plays 30 seconds of the clip. What happened?

Edit:
I honestly don't know why I am so interested either...
edit on 15-12-2011 by KewlDaddyFatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
first off haha you watch girly shoWS !

secondly she did say sorry she can't . but ellen had to save face and the mistake of her saying no .

you can tell her shaking she wasnt ready for marriage .

purposal gone wrong lol poor guy

lol i love how the "show" rings bells on the masses, like cattle l for free products lol

see how fast the other people forgot about the couple lol ...

great example of how women pretend to care , but flash some consumer goods and you'll see how fast they forget

edit on 15-12-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Maybe she had heard that marriage
is the number one cause of divorce.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sounds like she did decline him afterall, and the reason the crowd cheers is because they started playing the 12 days giveaway music (lol..the people don't give a crap that he just got burned, they want some free swag haha!)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The link played the audio but there was no picture. However, I heard it very clearly. He proposed in front of a million people, she freaked out, started crying and said, "Sorry, I can't".

From a psychological perspective, either this guy is totally clueless about his relationship with "Jodi", or he knew she had cold feet so he thought perhaps putting her on the spot publicly would force her to say yes.

Either way, he seemed like a sweet guy, but couldn't read the writing on the wall. Most women do want to get married, so for him not to see that his girlfriend doesn't want to is pretty sad.

But hey, the audience got gifts, and that's what's important....right...? Jeesh.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
this came to my mind when i watched it

Only there you will see people not giving a flying f@$k about the dude and jumping up and down like monkeys cause they throw at their faces STUFF for free... Here monkey take more free materials and think you are happy from your life! you got an espresso machine now! HOORAYYY!

pathetic...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Of course she said no, it's a straight couple on the ELLEN show!

But she didn't look like anything anyways. I can't believe anyone would waste their time with that. What a waste of time.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
first off haha you watch girly shoWS !

lol i love how the "show" rings bells on the masses, like cattle l for free products lol

great example of how women pretend to care , but flash some consumer goods and you'll see how fast they forget

Haha. Well I am a girl, but I prefer science news shows. I didn't linger on it, but moved on. It was the way the audience jumped up and screamed that stayed with me and made me look it up. I have to admit I was a little shocked at two things: 1) How quickly the producers moved on to something else without a commercial break, and 2) how the audience acted like sheeple to the bell and refocused on materialism without losing the smiles on their faces.

Yes, the ringing of the bell

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

The proposal was actually a hoax. Ellen usually does some sort of skit before announcing the 12 days of giveaways prizes, one time she asked a larger lady when her baby was due and when the lady began to 'cry' the bells announcing the giveaway started playing.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by louise95

Hi, Louise. Welcome to ATS! Thanks for the post. A hoax? Since this is your very first post, I take it you are connected to the show, so it makes me feel so very much better.

That'll teach me to pay more attention when I press the right buttons on the remote though. I sure hope you are right about that. I really worried about what the guy might do after being publicly humiliated and rejected on live TV. (The recent case of Russell Williams comes to mind)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Bwhahaha; I love seeing these fools rejected. Hopefully, it will eventually happen enough that guys will end this "tradition" of getting on one knee before a woman and begging for the "privilege" of kissing her ass for the rest of her life--or at least until the point that she gets tired of him.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Fill your boots, theres loads more here.
www.bypassfanpages.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Before you bash the audience, remember that these tapings go on all day long. Then they are edited. It could of been two hours between incidents for all you know.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
purposal gone wrong lol poor guy

Cattle? Like someone who has been conditioned to repeat something over and over until it has no meaning?

LOL

top topics

join