It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implications of S.1867

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
While everyone is debating the finer points of S.1867,It could be wothwhile to look at the way people have been treated before this bill was passed.
How about the way this young African recalls his time in US custody-from Pakistan to Cuba.

So my hands were tied in the back and a guard held me by a chain.
We were twenty, with maybe fifteen guards.
They covered our eyes and ears, so I couldn’t see much.
When they took off our masks, we were at an airport, with big helicopters.
Then the movie started. Americans shouted: ‘You’re under arrest, UNDER CUSTODY OF THE US ARMY! DON’T TALK, DON’T MOVE OR WE’LL SHOOT YOU!’ An interpreter was translating into Arabic.
Then they started beating us – I couldn’t see with what but something hard. People were bleeding and crying. We had almost passed out when they put us in a helicopter.

www.lrb.co.uk...
Warning,graphic but-
Read the whole page if you can.

Now apply this to anywhere in the world.
The USA gov can now steal people anywhere in the world,and lock them up without a trail forever.
That means they can kill you in custody and no one will know or be allowed to know.

Land of the free...
It wasn't supposed to be this way IMO.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Today we mourn the passing of a free country. RIP America 4 July 1776-15 Dec 2011. 235 years you lasted as land of the free, home of the brave. When the brave were replaced by the politically correct, the free were enslaved.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The bill passed in conference was HR 1540 which nullifies that power.

(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

HR1540

new topics

join