It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Debate Thread for Dec. 15th!!!!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
reply to post by grantbeed

I just watched the Ron Paul interview as well, and it was terrible how he got sliced and diced. It was almost painful to watch. Now I am watching Bachman go on and on about the Iran thing....terrible.

I love dr. Paul but there is just no way his ideas will be accepted by mainstream society.

I disagree.

Paul's rising popularity in the polls is an indicator that the "mainstream" is listening. Do not confuse "mainstream America" with the "Mainstream Media". Mae no mistake about it, Dr. Paul has an uphill battle in some areas of foreign policy, particularly with Iran. He has got to find a way to break through decades of programming. It is tough to convince someone that Iran is no threat when you spent your whole life being told Iran is a threat.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Wow they just lied through their teeth (not that that's unusual)
They said every poll has said Romney is the only one who can beat Obama.. that is patently untrue.

Several polls have show Paul can beat Obama!

What you just said is actually not true.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Its really crazy!! Imagine if China had a secret drone, that can fly around killing people and spying on different countries. Then Imagine if we caught one over Washington. How do you think we would react to that? Then China basically says "GIVE BACK OUR DRONE OR ELSE?" Wouldn't we say "you can go F yourself"! I don't know where some people get this mentality of USA should be allowed to do anything they want, wherever they want, and you better shut up and like it, attitude.
edit on 15-12-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I wish I could buy Ron Paul a beer right now and sit down and listen to some pink floyd with him. Tonight was a tuff day for him, I'm sure.

Like the last poster said, seeing how the mainstream treated him has only cemented my vote for him. It is a classic Good vs. Evil

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I was actually waiting for John McCain to sing "bomb bomb bomb,bomb bomb Iran",as Fox News official Debate song.

Yeah, half the debate was LITERALLY war mongering. REAL people are killed by this mentality, these people do not care AT ALL.

edit on 15-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Since When Iran Became an Issue?

Since TPTB decided we needed a war to get out of this depression.

A nice big war would solve lots of their problems, on both sides.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

The Hannity Interview was hard to watch.

I agree it was hard, but at the end (in my opinion), it quelled a few possible questions in the future. Paul clarified a controversial event in his past, plus clarified something said about Israel by Iran.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I just realized I'm a little in shock... why?

I am shocked and upset over all the applause that was given for the blood thirsty war mongering statements.

Could we really, as a nation be that brainwashed by the Warmongers who own the Corporate media (e.g. G.E. the biggest "defense contractor" - war profiteer - in the world owns NBC).

I hope that audience was rigged and really doesn't represent our real national beliefs.

We have exported all our manufacturing over seas, what do we export? War.

And people think they hate us because of our "freedom"???

Sorry if I'm rambling... I really am in shock.

Have the Neo-cons really converted our nation??? God I hope not.

I agree, and what really bothers me the most is that quite a few of these people are conservative "Christians". I consider myself someone with mostly Christian beliefs...but what I find extremely hypocritical is that the term "turn the other cheek" seems to mean nothing anymore and all these people are foaming at the mouth hoping for wars. I really think the media and this new must_like_war_and_be_far_right_republican_in_order_to_be_Christian movement is destroying what Christianity should actually be/represent.

Sorry for the little religious rant, but that really bakes my noodle.
edit on 15-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruptedstructure
Unfortunately, I think if Dr. Paul gets too close to winning. We could expect a false flag blamed on Iran to make him seem proved wrong.

Now there's a scary thought, and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if you are exactly right... horrifying. If Ron Paul wins Iowa and does well in NH and everyone is forced to admit that he is a serious contender, it would make sense for an Iran false flag to be conjured up real quick... which really kills two birds, because it could also be used for the perfect excuse to get the Iran war show on the road.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The Dec. 16 th money bomb is blowing up already. Over 100k in 4o minutes. You can view the real time ticker at this link:Moneybomb ticker

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Since When Iran Became an Issue?

Since TPTB decided we needed a war to get out of this depression.

A nice big war would solve lots of their problems, on both sides.

So Christians more rather hijaked Christians want and love just wars? i wonder what would or whom would Jesus Bomb.

I wasnt trying to offend Christians btw.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

and how does rcp prove it wrong?

Can Obama rally the majority of independent voters? Nope.

Can Ron? Yup.

Can Obama get the conservative vote? Nope

Can Ron? Yup.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
The Dec. 16 th money bomb is blowing up already. Over 100k in 4o minutes. You can view the real time ticker at this link:Moneybomb ticker

Yeah!

And come join in my thread and let's watch the money bomb explode together!

My thread... "There's a bomb going off right now..."

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
We can debate till were blue and wearing gills but I already know who's going to win in 2012. The republicans are going to lose due to there stance against the citizens of america, but they go out of there way to help the super rich. There reaL MASTERS.

You can say your candate does this, and this, and this. And yell up and down your candate will promise the world, but the problem is they don't have any experence at the big desk.

So my prediction for the win of 2012 will be 4 more years of President Obama.
He'll list all the things hes done for the american people. Done not promise to do.

Health care for all.
Ended the Bush war in iraq and brought home all the troops.
Killed Osama ben laden.
Killed a bunch of other top terrorists.
Made it policy to sink pirates so they can't harm anymore shipping. ( meaning the navy get to shoot there new weapon systems in live fire excercises.)
etc..etc..etc..etc..etc..etc.

Vs

The republican runner which..they still haven't picked yet. And well of late the republicans/tea party crazies are bating in the negitive numbers. I could go on and on but whats the point.

By the way I keep hearing republicans saying " we have a democracy"..
Wrong.

it states in the declaration of independence "The Republic for which it stands"
Greece and Rome had a democracy.

So if your running for presdent shouldn't you know that ?
I mean kids learn that in civics age 10...

anyway in the end it really dosn't matter cause the PTB will put there money into both campaignes, so that which ever comes out on top they still get to pull there strings.

it won't matter for the general election were each person gets there VOTE.
The general election really dosn't decide the winner or loser.
It won't matter that its really decided by the electoral college. All those folks are being paid off by top lobbists from an un-named conglomerate and the super rich.

So will have to sit through another YEAR of election crap driving ya crazy till you couldn't careless who wins just SHUT UP and get to work fixing america.

And listen to them all promise ya the world..knowing full well that there all lying.
The PTB will win, the middle class will pay most of the taxes, the poor will get bigger and fight future wars. The Rich will get fatter. Welcome to the real corporate america, neither a republic or a democracy.

By the way I'm not a democrat or republican.
I'm a registered "independent" since 1980.
I vote with my conscious not a political party.

Washington is Broken.
Only 235 years since our beginning and founding father would be freaked at what we have become.

my 2 cents
which isn't worth anything since were not on the gold standard

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Is tonight's debate posted anywhere yet?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
After watching the debate and post debate, I'm sick to my stomach. Pauls performance tonight cemented my vote for him, but I don't know how he will be viewed by people on the fence. Lets hope anyone with half a brain could see through this warmongering faux news debate. Btw has anyone heard what that man from the audience was yelling at that Clark Kent looking douche during the debate?

I heard something about the Federal Reserve.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Its really crazy!! Imagine if China had a secret drone, that can fly around killing people and spying on different countries. Then Imagine if we caught one over Washington. How do you think we would react to that? Then China basically says "GIVE BACK OUR DRONE OR ELSE?" Wouldn't we say "you can go F yourself"! I don't know where some people get this mentality of USA should be allowed to do anything they want, wherever they want, and you better shut up and like it, attitude.
edit on 15-12-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

Not to point out the obvious, but what we do to others is different from what is done to us. It seems like a double standard because it is. Because we don't want to be doing what we are doing which is keeping the world relatively safe. Granted the psycho's in charge have made a minor mess of things, that said, if the shoe was on the other foot it is a matter of fact that all the nations of Europe, Latin America, Africa, Middle East and Asia/Oceania would be far, far worse.

Heck do you know what caused Somalia to be a disaster back in the early 90's? It was EU member troops. They started torturing locals for sh*&'s and giggles. Footage of I think a Belgium unit holding a boy over an open fire really ticked off the locals.

If Iran wanted to behave it could easily do so. But Iran wants nuke weapons to expand their Islamic fascism. If they wanted energy production they should be researching thorium reactors(which are similar enough to existing nuke power technology). And Iran(Persia) has a very long history of being warmongers when they are in the position to be warmongers.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Lol... i Love it calling Gengrich on his hypocrisy.

Gingrich makes my skin crawl.
I love Ron Paul.

Now there I have made a rhyme.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Lol... i Love it calling Gengrich on his hypocrisy.

Gingrich makes my skin crawl.
I love Ron Paul.

Now there I have made a rhyme.

I love Bachmann,and her KNOW ALL on Iran.

Just posted a thread on her BACKING a terrorist organization......

Bachmann, please stop talking out your A**

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

I agree, and what really bothers me the most is that quite a few of these people are conservative "Christians". I consider myself someone with mostly Christian beliefs...but what I find extremely hypocritical is that the term "turn the other cheek" seems to mean nothing anymore and all these people are foaming at the mouth hoping for wars. I really think the media and this new must_like_war_and_be_far_right_republican_in_order_to_be_Christian movement is destroying what Christianity should actually be/represent.

Sorry for the little religious rant, but that really bakes my noodle.
edit on 15-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

To "Turn your other cheek" means to face your oppressor. Not use mercy as an excuse to cower to your oppressor. Because if your back handed across your left cheek and you turn your right cheek your facing your oppressor(simple logic). Remember, even Jesus traveled with a sword.

P.S

Neo Conservatives are leftist Democrats that co-opted the Republican Party. If Neo-Conservatives like Reagan, Bush SR and little Bush Jr are good little conservatives, why did they leave radical feminist's in charge of Title IX enforcement and interpretation(you know the people who said :equal access when young men outnumbers young women in college, then flat out equality when young men and young women had equal% of the student body, then to the whole proportional BS when young women outnumbered young men at college).

And how are neo Conservatives right wing? What have they done to enforce the meaning of the second amendment?(Nothing actually as they only repeal a token amount of gun control but leave gun control in place). And abortion? What about that pesky Department of Education? Sure Neo Conservatives like to talk like Conservatives, but they ACT like Liberals! neo Conservatives throughout the 90's and 00's did more to expand big government then any Democrat or real conservative Republican has ever had.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join