It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This SUCKS!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I went to karate tonight only to find out that our school is bankrupt and closing. This sucks! Big time! This school is all about what works, not showy *crap*. We learn self defense we can actually use if we ever get into trouble. We learn how to use our body language and voice. We learn how to use our bodies. I'm a rather average young woman, but I've learned out to throw guys three times my size to the ground. The owner is a police officer, was a state patrol, and he knows what he's doing. We are not a sport school. We are not showy.

And because of this we are closing September 14. The owner is losing almost everything and now has to go be a full time cop - with a young daughter! He can't have another school for seven years! I hate this! These people are my friends, they've taught me valuable lessons. They teach for reality. And now we're going under and there is nothing I can do about it! I wish I could have gotten a black belt under his school (which takes about eight years).

So now if I want to continue I have to go to some *inferior* school (yes, any school I've ever seen is, and I'm not bragging) and pay exhorbitant fees for fewer classes with only one instructor (here after you make black belt you can take instructor training for two years - we have a very high student/instructor ratio) and it SUCKS!!! I feel so impotent! I'm not rich, I just have to sit back and watch this happen.

AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Too angry to spell/grammar check this. DEAL)

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Aww, I feel for you
. I know what you mean about all the classes being too "showy". Most of them are just for the money, and damned expensive at that! I never joined a class because of these reasons, and just train at home (Used to alot more...have a more busy life now
) Well, I hope it will work out for you. Hey, get some of your classmates numbers! Maybe one of the blackbelts can get togeather and teach the rest of you guys/gals the stuff that they learned.

-Good luck.

new topics

join