It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you conceal carry?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Due to my job I always carry at work, I also carry everywhere else.

I carry a Glock22 .40 and due to my size I can conceal it easily.

Secure

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Shoulder holster under a jacket (Baretta 92 or Browning HiPower) or breakaway calculator case on my right hip. (Glock 26)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
the brass doesn't really fit in my hands. it just flies there on its own. nrat1001 197 af soc reg of eagle king gate deeglocka(timemachine) im the earths most exotic set of nuts.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by BadNinja68

Deployment is EVERYTHING.
If you cannot deploy your concealed weapon with relative ease and speed, it is useless.

That is only if you think of your firearm as your first line of defense. I think of mine as my last line of defense, and I would only ever draw it from the safety of cover. My first line of defense is always escape or evade, or hand to hand. If they are too far away for hand to hand, then they are far enough away for me to find some quick cover.

Please don't take this the wrong way.
Using any potentially weapon in self defense should always be a last resort.
Thats said, if you can " find cover" the threat is no longer a self defense situation ( unless a team of ninjas are attacking you from their cover in a bad action movie)

In reality, most self defense situatuons happen fast, unorganized, and very messy.
You will barely have time to think about your weapon.
Have you friends put on some boxing gloves, grab yourself some headgear and stick an airsoft handgun in your normal carry position.

Let them start beating the crap out of you and see how many blows they get in before you can draw and accurately aim your weapon.
Deployement is EVERYTHING
Also ask them to try and grab it from you during the beating....and this is is when you know they are comming.

I agree with you though. Too many people, including cops, get killed while fumbling for their firearm. That is just poor training and poor planning and poor situational awareness.

Yes they do.. because all the training goes out the window when some person YOU DO NOT SEE AS A THREAT jumps on top of you and starts attacking you at close range.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

You can't even notice it at all.....I love it. I hate to have to carry but unfortunatly, it's a necessity in some places, and I won't become a statistic if I can help it. (Yes....I have training and I'm not a gun nut:lol

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I don't carry concealed any more, but when I lived in the U.S., I carried a .32 Seecamp in a Bianchi pancake in the small of my back. At that time, I was wearing tie, light suitcoat. I also carried a North American Arms .22 magnum in a homemade holster in my black Ranch Wellington boot. Later on carried the Seecamp in an ankle rig, when I was doing a lot of driving. Also carried the Seecamp in a wrap-around rig similar to this one when I was jogging or bicycling.

My Bride carried a .22 Baretta in a Gloria LeMaster purse. Aircraft aluminum built into the strap. Stylish purse, well made, and had a velcro closure on one end with a holster inside, which made for a speedy draw. If she opened the purse, her gun didn't show, as it was actually behind the leather interior of the purse. I don't think these are made any longer, but not positive.

ETA: I tried one of the wallet-style holsters for the Seecamp, but it was never very comfortable. Plus, even after practicing for quite a while, it made for a cumbersome and very slow draw. Main advantage of that style was that it just looked like a wallet in your pocket, but only useful for very small firearms.

edit on 15/12/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Thanks...but I inspect them myself.

ETA: I was waiting for something like that. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I wasn't answering the question any different from anyone else....I mean, I didn't ask you if your gun shoots blanks did I? But it's ok...I know you were joking (right?)
edit on 12/15/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just wondering what kind of handgun you all like. I have a STI Spartan 1911 and a Taurus PT111 Millenium.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Yes mam.

I have a kel tech, I don't really know that much about guns, but I am interested in getting an automatic rifle in the future is anyone has any suggestions.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

If you want it for hunting (like deer hunting, a BAR is very good, but semi automatic.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Semi auto is also ideal. Affordability and accuracy is a must. Also must be easy to reload on the fly.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
my lame state is imposible to get a CC ( i live in california) you were able to open carry but they now banned that too (starting Jan 1, 2012)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I looked into that Bodyguard .380
I think that might be the next gun I pick up. Lots of good reviews, good price. Just have to wait til after the holidays (spent a little too much of Xmas gifts already).

Probably will pick up the Crossbreed Minituck as well and give that a try. (If anyone is interested, www.youtube.com... has good reviews of both the gun and holster, along with other weapons of course).

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by canselmi

Mine is in my pants pocket as we speak.

It is also a fairly square looking imprint, so even if someone does notice it, they assume phone, wallet, ID card, etc. I've never had anyone ask what it is.

Also, I carry a knife in my other pocket, with the little clip clearly visible, and everyone is aware of the knife, they borrow it to open boxes from time to time. So, the combination of an inocuous looking square imprint in one pocket opposite of the obvious knife in the other makes for great concealment.

It also shoots straight and comfortably.

My wishes are that the safety wasn't so stiff. Hopefully that will loosen up some with more rounds through it. I wish the laser was a little stronger, but that is common to most laser sites. And I wish the double action trigger pull wasn't quite so stiff, but again, I hope to get used to that with more rounds going through it.

Overall, it is a great conceal carry gun for an office setting.

Look into some extreme fragmenting rounds. I don't use hollow points, instead there is some custom ammunition that is supposedly used by Air Marshals. It almost disintegrates on impact and is guaranteed to transfer 100% of the kinetic energy to the target with no chance of a pass-through. This is safer in an office setting and also guarantees maximum knockdown power from the little .380. I'll try to find the name of the rounds and post it up later.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That sounds like Glaser safety slugs/rounds, although you're probably talking about something more modern. When we lived in an apartment, our bedside Colt Diamondback .38 was loaded with Glasers. I didn't carry them in the Seecamp, as it would only chamber Winchester Silvertips.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have some fragmenting rounds for my .40cal but they're still in the box.
I bought them in case I ever feel the need to not have bullets going through my walls (if I have kids one day, for example).
But for now since it's just the wife and I in a brick house, I'm not concerned about stray bullets. Plus I don't intended on missing.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Using any potentially weapon in self defense should always be a last resort.
Thats said, if you can " find cover" the threat is no longer a self defense situation ( unless a team of ninjas are attacking you from their cover in a bad action movie)

Every person should begin thinking right now what the most likely form of attack could be for their unique situation.

As for me, I work for the government, in a secured building, in a high stress situation, with disgruntled employees and even more disgruntled citizens. My most likely attack would be an office shooter, so I am mentally prepared for that scenario, and that is the scenario in which I would likely find some cover, but still have to strategize and return fire, because escape wouldn't be an option for many reasons.

Another likely scenario for many people is an ex-lover or loose acquaintance that targets you or your family because they are angry, or because they have seen something that you have and they want. That situation is a little different than a stranger mugging you on a street, and it requires a little different mental preparation.

The least likely scenario for me, and for most people will be a total stranger attacking them completely unprovoked. So, I have some skills for that scenario, but I don't run through it in my head nearly as often as I do the others.

I think you and I are agreeing mostly, just a little different perspective on similar issues.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I open carry.

Everywhere.

The cops know me, the shopkeepers know me, the residents know me.

If I'm carrying concealed it's because It's late at night and I'm downtown around a lot of drunk people who may take it the wrong way.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

That is the way it should be.

That is the way it was where I grew up. To this day, there are still hitching posts that still get used.... which is not a parallel to the thought that open carry is an ananchronism. Nope, quite the opposite. I think the ability to carry a firearm is timeless. Unfortunately, most of the world's legal systems don't support that.

I know this: I know that the place I grew up in in Idaho had no crime. It was MAD on a smaller scale, and it works. Still one of the most peaceful little towns in the whole west.

I carried concealed because of my job. It did not give me an advantage -- it created a situation where I had more of a responsibility toward a cool head. It -- and training -- gave me the same or better tools against the criminals that might choose to make me a victim.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Indeed.

Luckily in Reno people still open carry fairly often. The cops don't even bother with you if you are open carrying(they might ask a question or two if you have an AR slung over your shoulder).

Reno has a lot of crime. And those of us who carry open or concealed are typically not on that list. Cops don't interfere with law abiding gun owners. Nevada has had a long tradition of respecting the right to bear arms.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join