It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you conceal carry?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Just wanted to get some opinions on where people like to carry their pistols. Specifically, I'd like to hear from people who dress like I do for work, ie., slacks and long sleeve shirts.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by canselmi

lol, I have a feeling you will be getting the "None of your business, you are a part of them, who do you work for? kinda of answers with this question.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I went into...

Some detail here. I'm a suit and tie at work kind of guy, so the with jacket options are many, the without are limited to a pocket holster, or no holster and the J-frame .38spl. I've never got the hang of an ankle holster, but then again, I've never put in much effort.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
lol, I have a feeling you will be getting the "None of your business, you are a part of them, who do you work for? kinda of answers with this question.

Why would you think that?

It's a generic and oft asked question...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I carry everywhere. Dont leave the house without it.

For work I have to look passable. Button down collard shirts tucked into earth-toned carpenters jeans.
Pocket carry a .380 in a High Noon gripper holster. M-F 12 hours a day.

When not at work I can wear looser clothes and usually carry a 9mm or .45 IWB or OWB depending on temps and dress.

I dont dress to the carry like so many say you should. My wardrobe has always been suited for carry. I dress to the weather/work then carry to the dress.

I've competed with all my carry guns in IDPA so it's not like Im ever carrying an unknown or untrained with arm.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by hapablab

Why would you think that?

It's a generic and oft asked question...

I only say this because I have read a lot of questions similar to this one but it was mostly due to survival gear and food storage, one thread people were asked about where they or how they hide their gear and food and it was like a storm of "How dare you ask that, you work for them, you're a spy!, so I figured it might happen to this guy lol, wanted to give a little warning

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
also now Im curious lol, where WOULD you wear a weapon concealed, I always thought it can only go in two places, the waist or ankle

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by hapablab

Waist, ankle, pockets, shoulder, small of back, belt case, portfolio case.

Lots of ways to do it.

Find what way suits you and still offers quick access.

Different body types and different guns means there has to be many ways to dothe job.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by hapablab

Waist, ankle, pockets, shoulder, small of back, belt case, portfolio case.

Lots of ways to do it.

Find what way suits you and still offers quick access.

Different body types and different guns means there has to be many ways to dothe job.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

wow, I had no idea, thats awesome, too bad I live in illinois, we cant even own a pistol here in Chicago, its sad. Dont let that Gun thing they changed last year fool you, they made it impossible to have one anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Here's a great place to check out.... deepconceal.com...

I have this one

edit on 12/15/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Here is a link to Chicago Gun Laws. the new laws.

Chi gun law

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

I have this one

Now thats cool!!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have a beehive hairstyle, I hide my pistol in it.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

I have this one

Nice guns..I mean boobies.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by canselmi

I wear slacks and oxford style shirts with an occasional tie. I work in a formal office setting. I have my own office, but I have a long walk past a lot of offices and cubicles and a security guard to get to my office.

I carry my new Bodyguard .380 in my regular pants pocket at work. If I'm going to wear a blazer or jacket, I have under-armor style shirts with an underarm holster sewn in.

For everyday casual wear, I have a holster that fits in the small of my back and below my pants line. I can wear the gun in jeans and a T-shirt with no problem.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

You can't even notice it at all.....I love it. I hate to have to carry but unfortunatly, it's a necessity in some places, and I won't become a statistic if I can help it. (Yes....I have training and I'm not a gun nut:lol

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Just for the record...it's not me, it's from a catalog...but yeah...I guess you're right

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I wear my 9mm or .40 S&W just about everywhere I go, in the small of my back using a holster. I have never been comfortable with an ankle mount of any type, or waist mount.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I cannot carry a handgun at work, due to my job.

I do carry a folding knife in my front pocket, as well as a fixed blade( when needed) carried horizontally at the small of the back, on my belt.

Fixed blade knives on a belt are not always considered concealed carry, it depends on the local ordinances, and LEO discretion,so be careful and know your laws.

When I did carry a handgun at work, I used a paddle holster, and carried it cross draw style on my hip.
Tacticool ankle holsters and movie style holsters can get you killed while struggling to unholster your firearm.

Deployment is EVERYTHING.
If you cannot deploy your concealed weapon with relative ease and speed, it is useless.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Deployment is EVERYTHING.
If you cannot deploy your concealed weapon with relative ease and speed, it is useless.

That is only if you think of your firearm as your first line of defense. I think of mine as my last line of defense, and I would only ever draw it from the safety of cover. My first line of defense is always escape or evade, or hand to hand. If they are too far away for hand to hand, then they are far enough away for me to find some quick cover.

I agree with you though. Too many people, including cops, get killed while fumbling for their firearm. That is just poor training and poor planning and poor situational awareness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join