It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Isaiah 9:10 prophecy: Is U.S. under God's judgment?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The Isaiah 9:10 prophecy: Is U.S. under God's judgment?

WASHINGTON – A messianic rabbi from New Jersey is stunning audiences nationwide by revealing the striking parallels between the fall of ancient Israel and what he suggests are God's early judgments of America.

Jonathan Cahn of the Jerusalem Center-Beth Israel Congregation in Wayne, N.J., says an otherwise obscure passage in the Book of Isaiah is since Sept. 11, 2001, being uncannily re-enacted in the U.S. just the way it originally played out in the time of the great prophet of Israel leading to the nation's captivity and dispersions.

In a new book, "The Harbinger," Cahn reveals what he calls "an ancient mystery that holds the secret of America's future and the collapse of the global economy."

"Before its destruction as a nation, ancient Israel received nine harbingers, prophetic omens of warning," he says. "The same nine harbingers are now manifesting in America with immediate ramifications for end-time prophecy." The key to decoding the harbingers, he says, is found in understanding the seemingly innocuous words of Isaiah 9:10 (King James Version), what it meant to Israel and how the history seems to be repeating itself in America today.

"The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars."

These words were first uttered by leaders in Israel and in response to a limited strike by Assyria on the lands of Zebulun and Naphtali – an attack the prophet makes clear is actually part of a limited judgment by God against apostasy. It wasn't meant to destroy the nation, but to awaken it, according to most commentaries.

But, says Cahn, Israel didn't take the cue. Instead, the response from the people in Isaiah 9:10 is one of defiance. The brick buildings were toppled, but they vowed to build bigger and better. The little sycamore trees may have been uprooted, but they vowed to plant bigger and better cedars in their place.

God, speaking through Isaiah, explains what will happen as a result of their pride and arrogance and failure to heed the harbinger: Bigger and more potent attacks will follow. Because neither the northern kingdom of Israel nor the southern kingdom of Judah truly repents, the first is eventually swept away by Assyrian invaders and the latter is carried off into captivity by the Babylonians for 70 years.

But what does this have to do with the United States of America – particularly what the U.S. experienced on 9/11 and since? Cahn has found some eerie parallels.

"In the aftermath of the attack, the nation was stunned," said Cahn, "Everyone was trying to make sense of what had happened – this unprecedented attack on America. The very next day, September 12, then Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle presented America's response to the world. And what did he say?"

Daschle said: "America will emerge from this tragedy as we have emerged from all adversity – united and strong. Nothing … nothing can replace the losses of those who have suffered. I know there is only the smallest measure of inspiration that can be taken from this devastation. But there is a passage in the Bible from Isaiah that speaks to all of us at times like this." He then went on to read Isaiah 9:10.

"Daschle has no idea what he is doing here," explains Cahn. "He thinks he's offering comforting words to a grief-stricken people, but he is actually embracing the spiritually defiant and arrogant words of the children of Israel, proclaiming the ancient and ominous vow of the leaders of that nation. He doesn't realize it, but he is actually inviting more judgment on the nation." It might be of some significance that Daschle, one of the most powerful men in the nation when he spoke those words, later fell into disgrace – to the point where he couldn't even serve in Barack Obama's Cabinet.

That might have been the end of the story – if no other top leader in the nation uttered those strange and obscure words after 9/11. But that's not the case. On the third anniversary of the attack, Sept. 11, 2004, another powerful U.S. senator running for vice president that year and who would famously run for the presidency four years later, gave a speech to the Congressional Black Caucus.

This time, John Edwards' entire speech was built on a foundation of Isaiah 9:10: "Today, on this day of remembrance and mourning, we have the Lord's Word to get us through," he said. He then read Isaiah 9:10. He went on to talk about how America was doing just that – rebuilding with hewn stone and planting cedars: "Like Daschle, Edwards thinks he's invoking inspirational and comforting words from the Bible, but he's actually inviting judgment on America," says Cahn. "He's repeating the vow that provoked God to bring calamity on ancient Israel." Daschle and Edwards were hardly alone among U.S. leaders in making similar statements, as Cahn's "The Harbinger" reveals.

But aside from such statements, which could be chalked up to political talk and coincidences, is there anything else linking Isaiah 9:10 to 9/11? The book is full of shocking parallels. There was actually a very famous sycamore tree felled in the attack on the World Trade Center. It was replaced by trees in the same genus as the cedar. There have been many plans made to rebuild the twin towers bigger and better and a large "hewn stone" was actually quarried out of the Adirondack Mountains in New York and brought to Ground Zero as a cornerstone.

"The parallels are truly stunning," says Joseph Farah, founder of WND, who is producing a video documentary about Cahn's findings. "They are too numerous and too powerful to relate in news story form. In fact, they are overwhelming in their number and their exactitude. I am persuaded God is trying to tell America something and Rabbi Cahn has found the key to unlocking the message." Farah says events continue to unfold that seem to link directly to the message of Isaiah 9:10 right here in the United States.

There is little dispute that 9/11 is our generation's Pearl Harbor. The event is a dividing line between the 20th century and the age of terrorism. With the age of terrorism has come a complete uprooting of American rights and liberties granted in the Constitution. We have also seen bolder moves towards imperialism, or in biblical language the prostitution of other countries, as opposed to neutrality. Foreign and domestic policy has changed and continues to change drastically. Over time, the passage of new legislation, including the new defense bill allowing for indefinite incarceration without trial, will wake people up from the American dream and into a much more sinister reality.

We know that the NWO, FEMA camps, fall of America (or "Babylon"), and persecution of Christians have all been predicted thousands of years in advance, and that we are on a dark road towards making these events into a reality (some already are) which will ultimately climax at the Great Tribulation.

We know that God uses all people, not just Christians, for a purpose. Everyone is a piece of a greater puzzle. This includes Ghandi, Nostradamus, Buddha, and even Hitler and the Islamic radicals that supposedly flew the planes into the twin towers. Why were the planes flown into the towers? To warn us of our own faults. How did we respond? By ramping up the counter-terrorist agenda overseas.

So, what do you think? Is America collapsing under the weight of its own sin? Or are these parallels with the fall of Israel just a coincidence?
edit on 15-12-2011 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I read this article this morning and found it very interesting. That being said, I think your asking if America is collapsing under it's own sin is similar to asking an alcoholic if he drinks too much- what response are you expecting?

IMO- we are under grace, this being the church age. I think that if God would have spared Sodom for 10 righteous people, how much more would He do in the age of grace?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That's a very interesting story indeed.

I have never been a religious man, slightly spiritual when I was you, more so now.

But ever since I have been researching conspiracy's, (I am interested in most) I have seen many, many good predictions in the bible, old and new.

I found a great 3 part video on you tube, of a prediction of nuclear war by Zechariah, its very interesting.

As with this story you relate, the parallels are uncanny.

I do wonder if the NWO is trying to usher in "Armageddon" as predicted in the bible,

One world Religion/Government, mark of the beast (RFID chip), the return of Jesus Christ, and the 12th Imam as foretold in Islamic scriptures.

And the apparent government's of the world apparently fulfilling these prophecies,

False Jews/Zionists, war with Persia, war of Gog and Magog,

My point is, this has all made me really open up to the possibility of a God,

Even though I am still more leaned towards alien creation/intervention.

Here's a link to the video I mentioned, I wont embed it as I don't want to take your thread in an unwanted direction, but its definitely relevant.

Old testment Atomic war Prediction (Youtube)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

. . . and persecution of Christians have all been predicted thousands of years in advance, and that we are on a dark road towards making these events into a reality (some already are) which will ultimately climax at the Great Tribulation.

The What? Tribulation?
I'm pretty sure that already happened a long time ago.
What we have now is evil people advancing their agenda by making people believe that they don't really need to do anything about what is going on because they will be raptured just any second now.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . and persecution of Christians have all been predicted thousands of years in advance, and that we are on a dark road towards making these events into a reality (some already are) which will ultimately climax at the Great Tribulation.

The What? Tribulation?
I'm pretty sure that already happened a long time ago.
What we have now is evil people advancing their agenda by making people believe that they don't really need to do anything about what is going on because they will be raptured just any second now.

I know plenty of people that are standing up against evil politics because they know all that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. It is the mainstream that is despondent, not just Christians and not just athiests.

You left out the part of my quote that was relevant to your question. The signs are all around us, it's almost impossible to ignore now. It may be that the book of Revelations has been on repeat for generations, or that some of it is self-fulfilling prophecy. But only until recently have we been able to put more and more predictions into context. History repeats itself, people repeat themselves, the Bible repeats itself. I choose to look past what is at face value and compare scripture with scripture.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes. America is imploding in on itself because this nation (except for those brave souls loyal to God/Christ) refuse to repent and turn away from the dark path it is walking. The U.S. will be brought to it's knees, it is only a matter of time and a short amount of time at that.

There can be no doubt we have entered into the tribulation, the first year has passed and in 2 and a half years the "great" tribulation shall begin.

The failing world economy, the wars and rumors of wars, people rising up against their nations, the strange weather patterns, earthquakes, spatial anomalies (signs inthe heavens) etc. have been given.

Everyday i cry out to God "how long oh Lord shall you keep our king away?" This is something all believers should be crying out everyday until he hears our cries the way he heard Israels cries while in bondage in Egypt and while in exile in Babylon.
edit on 15-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Something someone else posted last week made me want to do a little research on prophecy right before I logged back in to find your thread. Imagine my surprise when I saw your thread pop up right after reading it!

"December 2, 1998. A prophecy received by Thomas S. Gibson.
- The Prophetic Word, 1125 6 Ave, Wainwright, Alberta, Canada, T9W 1G2."

"Now thus says the Lord to those who believe they are headed for the kingdom.

~ The World has seen the Best of Times.

Beware. Have you listened to My word? Have I not prepared My people? Have I not told them of things to come? Yet you stand on the verge of the greatest destruction of the economy of this earth.

This world shall not see an economy like it has now, ever again. I shall bring it down, and I shall keep it there. For they shall try and raise it up, but I shall not allow it.

Trust Me, says the Lord. When the great crash occurs, it shall come down."

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I don't think that it is a good idea to take the attitude that we are doomed to failure.
What we need, to start out with, I think, is a movement to have what Germany has, which is a transparent system of counting votes, like we used to have in the US before people got caught up in life to where they did not have barely time to vote, much less stick around and take part in counting the votes, like they should be, instead of letting it secretly go into a black box where anything can come out the other end. I think if people believed their votes were actually counted instead of sneakily manipulated by the vote count controllers, we would care more about what the issues were and who the people were who were running for public office.
I really don't think we need to see ourselves as a nation, or a planet, being punished and that it is inevitable that the world is going to end in our lifetimes. We are supposed to be the salt of the earth and to do things to make it a better place, and Jesus is here with us every day in order to help us do it. It is weak and pathetic to give up in the face of adversity and such people who engage in that behavior are not going to greeted with open arms by Jesus but instead cast off into the darkness.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I have two problems with this, one being I don't buy into people speaking for God, second I reject the theory that we live in a void where no one rules. Jesus judged the 'god of this world' at his crucifixion, and Jesus is currently king, and there is no future kingdom of Jesus beyond what started shortly after his final ascension to heaven after the events portrayed in the Gospels.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

"how long oh Lord shall you keep our king away?"

If your king is "away", you need to stop shutting him out.
Jesus is king right now, though you resist accepting that as a fact, which shows a lack of faith.
You need to accept Jesus as your savior and king.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I really don't think we need to see ourselves as a nation, or a planet, being punished and that it is inevitable that the world is going to end in our lifetimes. We are supposed to be the salt of the earth and to do things to make it a better place, and Jesus is here with us every day in order to help us do it. It is weak and pathetic to give up in the face of adversity and such people who engage in that behavior are not going to greeted with open arms by Jesus but instead cast off into the darkness.

I think part of making the world a better place is spreading awareness about what is really going on. God's very essence is supposed to be truth, so I think any attempt to find, share, and understand truth is noble. Even if the truth doesn't necessarily cheer everyone up at first. You cannot love until you forgive, and you cannot forgive until you can separate the truth from the lie. This is repentance in a nutshell - quite literally a nutshell that breaks open for a seed to grow (okay, not literally... but you get the parable I'm sure.) I'm just comparing what's going on right now with what's written there in the Bible. I'm not asking you to accept it as truth, but rational thought I cannot ignore. It is valid speculation.

We can cheer people up with the Gospel, that is certainly a message to be happy about. But this message has been prostituted by our media as well. As a disciple of Christ I would love to be rainbows and butterflies all the time, but I'm just not the type to sugar coat things, especially when I feel that the message is urgent.

People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I have two problems with this, one being I don't buy into people speaking for God, second I reject the theory that we live in a void where no one rules. Jesus judged the 'god of this world' at his crucifixion, and Jesus is currently king, and there is no future kingdom of Jesus beyond what started shortly after his final ascension to heaven after the events portrayed in the Gospels.

I'm not usually into people speaking for God either, but I just happened to read this prophecy right before I read this thread, so I thought I would share it. I still believe it to be true though. I don't think we're ever going to see a "rebuilding" of our economy that's going to amount to anything like the 80's or 90's ever again.

As for the rest of what you said, could you please elaborate? I don't understand what you're saying about the future kingdom of Jesus.

Forgive me for commenting on behalf of Lonewolf, but I happen to know that Jesus is very much his Savior and King. The comment that you were referring to was Lonewolf questioning why God is prolonging the second coming of Jesus' return to earth so that we can all be together.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

"how long oh Lord shall you keep our king away?"

If your king is "away", you need to stop shutting him out.
Jesus is king right now, though you resist accepting that as a fact, which shows a lack of faith.
You need to accept Jesus as your savior and king.

You need to stop telling me that i haven't already is what you need to do, spend your time being less judgemental. Your own soul needs tending to, you should tend to it before you try accusing people of not being saved.

He who points his finger is the one that is most guilty.
edit on 15-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If this is biblical or not is hard to say. For not to long ago i saw a few videos of Lindsey Williams, and he explaines a few things from the elites point of view. Mr Williams said that the Elite were very well informed when it came to the Bible.

He said that the elites of the world had their own understanding of how the Bible plays out. According to the elite; In 2012 it will be exactly 2000 years since Jesus started he's teachings in the temple "At the age of 12".

And there is something about our age/time, We are about to leave the age of Jesus (Pisces). Which started 2000 years ago in 2012.

Now listen to this: Matthew 28:20

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Next year will be the end of this age "Pisces". And the new age will be Aquarius.

Jesus was borne in the constellation of Pisces ( The fish) There are many symbols of fish with the name Jesus inside of it.

Luke 22:7 to 22.

Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. 8 Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, “Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover.”
9 “Where do you want us to prepare for it?” they asked.

10 He replied, “As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters,

Does this have something to do with the coming of a new age and a new God?

Does anyone remember when US soldiers burned the Bible in Afghanistan a while back. Does anyone remember what the Elites said the Bible was? Garbage. And does anyone remember what the Elites said about the Burning of the Choran? Well they didn't like it one bit.

The elites have also told Mr. Williams that in September/October 2012 there will be a major war. And the collapse of the US dollar. It wont disappear just collapse. This will happen when the Federal Reserve starts to demand payback on US bonds.

The current economical situation is a stage scenario by the elite to force nations to acquire astronomical debt. Than the collapse will come and a major war will take place. The elites also mention that unique or divine events will take place right of the bat in 2012.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Just look at what we have after forty years of apocalyptic fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I'm not usually into people speaking for God either, but I just happened to read this prophecy right before I read this thread, so I thought I would share it. I still believe it to be true though. I don't think we're ever going to see a "rebuilding" of our economy that's going to amount to anything like the 80's or 90's ever again.

As for the rest of what you said, could you please elaborate? I don't understand what you're saying about the future kingdom of Jesus.

Forgive me for commenting on behalf of Lonewolf, but I happen to know that Jesus is very much his Savior and King. The comment that you were referring to was Lonewolf questioning why God is prolonging the second coming of Jesus' return to earth so that we can all be together.
Our economy would be better if it wasn't sucked dry to support military adventurism, for one thing, and second, the spying on Americans by hundreds of different private and governmental agencies on the level of the former communist East Germany. This is all money siphoned out of the economy for no real benefit to the average American citizen, just for a wealthy few who own oil companies and military weapons producers, and those who own spying contracts from the government.
People keep making posts on this forum about the future king or the future kingdom, where I think this sort of talk is anti-christ in that it denies Jesus so everyone is another Pontius Pilate or something.
And how do you "happen" to know this?

edit on 15-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You need to stop telling me that i haven't already is what you need to do, spend your time being less judgemental. Your own soul needs tending to, you should tend to it before you try accusing people of not being saved.

He who points his finger is the one that is most guilty.
You have Satan as your king and you have said so in the past by saying Satan rules the world.
I have Jesus as my king and I believe Jesus rules the world as king but just not in a physical way but in a spiritual way, which is what we need to recognize and obtain from Jesus so that ignorance and evil can be cast out from the world.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I would recommend not listening to Lindsey Williams.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Just look at what we have after forty years of apocalyptic fear mongering.

Jesus dying bloodied and broken on the cross... then shaking off the rigor mortis and coming back to life is a dramatic example.

That's all you got out of my post? A line from the 2005 film "Batman Begins"?

Yes Christ is King. But wake up dude. Christians in the Middle East are dwindling by the numbers. Many of our brothers and sisters are being slaughtered or forced out overseas while media keeps us preoccupied with McDonalds and celebrities. We live in a society that obsesses over a dying currency that embraces "In God We Trust" with masonic symbols. It's clear that we live in a world that is openly opposed to our King. He should know... they kind of crucified Him. Christ reigns, spiritually, right now. He always has (John 1:1). But he is revealing himself to us again, in our physical world, one step at a time. Truth has a power of its own. To a true believer that power should generate reverence - not fear.

I'm not here to stir up fear mongering. Satan is the one who should fear me. I'm just presenting the facts, such as they are, with the scriptures, such as they are. This is to encourage open intelligent discussion between the believers and the unbelievers. If it helps people in their walk of faith, great, if it scares people into opening their mind to rethink their reality, well then that makes for a good thread, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

I would recommend not listening to Lindsey Williams.

I am not saying that what Lindsey William is saying is factual, it is only interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join