It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do so many allow evil to enter their lives?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
fear of using a ouiji board. may unleash evil.
fear of hauntings who may not be friendly...etc........
personally, i think it's a choice that we make ourselves.
in order for evil to enter your lives you must open yourself up to said evil.
i've had a few experiences that have undoubtedly prooved this concept to me.
all one really needs to do is stand up to evil and show no fear.

a few years back i owned a store in a small new mexico town. rumor had it that the whole block was haunted. this didn't bother me at first, but after having the store open for a few weeks, and moving into a small apartment in the back, i bagan having strange experiences.
my wolf dog was still with me at the time, and he would get up in the middle of the night growling at what seemed like nothing.
then one night he yelped, ran back and jumped on the bed.
didn't think much of it till, whack, a small pebble hit me in the forehead causing a small bruise.
the next night i woke up, not sure what time, but late, to ping........ping........
what the hell, looked over and my wolf dog was just lying there, teeth barred.
it stopped, and i went back to sleep. next morning i went to put on coffee and noticed a bunch of pebbled in the sink.
at this point i dubbed the ghost,'stone thrower'.
it continued, but never bad, i'd get hit every now and then, and it didn't seem to bother the dog anymore.
it got much worse when i moved out and let an employee and her husband move into the apartment.
the first night she woke up while getting pelted with pebbles, and he had scratches on his arms.
they said after a couple of nights that they had to go.
i told them to give me one night alone. burned some sage, opened the door and repeated over and over, 'it's time for you to move on.'
all of a sudden the temp dropped to near freezing, my wolf bolted out the door and pebbles began hitting me from all directions, causing painful welts all over me.
i got pissed, 'get out now!' over and over.
i felt an energy whoosh by that i'd never felt before, and it was gone.
my friends moved back in and never had another problem.
the lady 2 stores down began getting pelted on occasion though.

in other words, we need to open ourselves up for evil to take over.
never think of yourself as weak, never even consider the option of an evil entity taking over your peacful existence.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Being courageous isn't being evil. But I see what you mean. Just stand up for yourself.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

sorry, but i'm not sure what you meant by this?
was it directed at me or just a general statement?

Being courageous isn't being evil.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This world is saturated in evil and corruption. If you wanted to live without it entering your life, you'd have to kill yourself.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You said, we need to open ourselves up for evil to take over.

What I thought you meant by this was, we need to fight fire with fire.

But that is being courageous, doesn't necessarily mean you acted evil towards the entity.

Maybe I just got the wrong end of the stick.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

the problem is in what everyone love to be through forms life of means, it shows how most of everyone mean means to enjoy from being nothing to those means really

that is why they see courage in heroes loud, expansive constancies of being, with the suits and all the folkloric decors life around

noone seem to accept that courage is exclusively through fears to an extent that it is really in absolute terms only fear is brave

it is easy to not fear from choosing to b chicken and deal with the situation from its constant positive source, it is easy to live through powerful criminals when u do as them u get instantly a sense of positive source to urself being from his

like i guess even in animals the animals that fear are the brave ones, the others when they see becoming preys they immediately focus on the living powerful as being through so stop existing before dying

u know things are complex bc when a thing exist then everything exist and beyond everything exist and everything freedom exist and each thing exist and all different things exist and realities of different things exist and so on
but if a thing exist then a free perceiver exist then a free order is a reason of the thing constancy existing which i guess is true superiority of whatever thing is what become object constant, but then free constancies exist then others perceptions exist, then some perceptions could mean their freedom of the thing by saying no there is nothing existing and here where it becomes more complexively evil, since the thing constancies will keep existing more allowing others perceptions to mean their freedom by saying no no there is nothing

it is not only the fist free perception that recognize thing existence that is consciously honest, it could b many even out of nothing choosing honesty, bc what say no there is nothing is obviously lying but clearly meaning why not in stating no interest for it to recognize the thing, by seeing interest to exist even if it is exclusively through denying what is even if it is the only constant that it could reach to be through existing in pretending having a right to be free forever

sorry for getting out of my first idea but honesty is simple when u r alone in being honesty end but to prove it objectively one must prove recognizing the max of what honest perspective include at least to realize the concept of recognizing else right

if u r intelligent enough u would get my point right, the point is never to b brave or a hero like, so the point is never to fear either, or to never fear, but if fear exist the point is exclusively that criminals are bc those who fear are perfect so never the problem is there, any true expression of fear, true meaning not faking is perfect normality but that say how perfect is not the power on reality

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Love the irony Haha.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Wait.. how can you not be brave, but not fear? That's contradictory to the term.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
This world is saturated in evil and corruption. If you wanted to live without it entering your life, you'd have to kill yourself.

or find a safe spot to live and avoid it.
but then again, concepts that i find rediculous others may find evil.
for instance, i do not believe in the devil.
so, how is the devil going to effect me in an evil way?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Honestly, good is extremely boring. Always following the rules established by somebody else. Never making eye contact. Always toeing the line when it comes to every little thing in your life from cradle to the grave, working away, never straying from the path, never indulging yourself. School, work, marriage, more work, retirement, grave. All neat and tidy.

We have a very short life as human beings. And we really don't travel well in straight lines. We are creative beings, and sometimes we want to create something that other people might call "evil," mostly because it's not what they want us to do. It's not in their best interest.

Otherwise, why not just lie down on the ground and die?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

So, if you don't believe in the devil,
where does the evil come from?
What makes evil....evil?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

So, if you don't believe in the devil,
where does the evil come from?
What makes evil....evil?

there is good and bad in humanity. i believe there is evil in the world, i just don't believe there is an entity that causes all the evil.
humans are very capable of evil, they don't need to be directed by an entity such as a devil.
'the devil made me do it.'
b.s., you did it all on your own.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

In that case, why do people choose to do evil?
Where will it get them? What purpose does it serve?
Oh, and what exactly is throwing pebbles at you? Spirits? Demons? Where do they come from?

edit on 15-12-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Honestly, good is extremely boring. Always following the rules established by somebody else. Never making eye contact. Always toeing the line when it comes to every little thing in your life from cradle to the grave, working away, never straying from the path, never indulging yourself. School, work, marriage, more work, retirement, grave. All neat and tidy.

We have a very short life as human beings. And we really don't travel well in straight lines. We are creative beings, and sometimes we want to create something that other people might call "evil," mostly because it's not what they want us to do. It's not in their best interest.

Otherwise, why not just lie down on the ground and die?

in many ways i agree.
it is a perception we allow into our lives.
like the old concept of there really being no good or bad, just opinion.
for instance, taking a life.
if done to protect oneself or family etc......i see this as nessessary.
to kill for personal gain, or because you just felt like it is evil.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

In that case, why do people choose to do evil?
Where will it get them? What purpose does it serve?
Oh, and what exactly is throwing pebbles at you? Spirits? Demons? Where do they come from?

edit on 15-12-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

mental instability, a blood lust, desire to hurt others etc...
some would undoubtedly kill for no reason other than financial gain, along with many other reasons.
some may do evil because they are weak and did so on the request of others.

to be completely honest, i don't know.
certain things i have no answers for, just beliefs in concepts.
did that make sense, probably not.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
"the lady 2 stores down began getting pelted on occasion though. " lol.

Whats a few ghost pebbles between friends aye.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
"the lady 2 stores down began getting pelted on occasion though. " lol.

Whats a few ghost pebbles between friends aye.

yea, i kinda' sorta' maybe almost felt bad about that.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

in many ways i agree.
it is a perception we allow into our lives.
like the old concept of there really being no good or bad, just opinion.
for instance, taking a life.
if done to protect oneself or family etc......i see this as nessessary.
to kill for personal gain, or because you just felt like it is evil.

If you step back and look at it, society generally defines something as "evil" if it interferes in some way with people being able to live their lives, grow up healthy, procreate, raise children, and repeat the cycle. That's what it all boils down to. If you didn't know better, you'd swear DNA itself was making the rules, because the ultimate goal of "good" is to successfully reproduce with maximum efficiency and minimum waste. Moral and legal codes are created to back that up. Myths and other tales of gods and punishment are created to reinforce the need to interact with people in such a way to maximize the chance of successful, peaceful reproduction. Even just wars are fought to redistribute resources so that everyone can have enough to create families.

And the funny thing is, even DNA allows for a certain percentage of people, the "deviants," to exist in society so that it make sure it covers all the bases and injects enough randomness into the mix to avoid inbreeding and genetic stagnation. You can't just clone people, because they'd all be susceptible to specific viruses and diseases. You need variation. Random war, rape, and chaos. Yeah, "evil" is a good and necessary thing!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Wait.. how can you not be brave, but not fear? That's contradictory to the term.

the equation that state who not fear as brave is false totally it is reversed so evil living did that

who fear is the brave absolutely

it surely started by someone fear that was corrupted from getting powership over others in life, then that one became leaning on those supports conceived so by pretending powers over others it can get to itself the reality of being brave

if a situation is negative then who is not negative there is not related to the situation, but also who is negative real there cannot pretend having any power over the situation, when true power is exclusively from objective positive perception, at it least conception possible as real is to b present objective fact, what is negative cant b conceived being present

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

but also proving it positively in truth,

who truly fear, then act out of fear emotions that most of it are for fallacies evil replications from truth knowledge through rights abuses, so mostly a human can b perceived as truly fearing, but also for sure animals from their awareness stillness fear truly but cant b seen from us, but who truly fear then he is existing alone out of all, while any existing point is superior fact so any positive quality is to it only and exclusively

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join