It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything to make a buck-wind from Hurricane Frances for sale on eBay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
MIAMI(Sept,7) For anyone who didn't get enough of Hurricane Frances as it blew through Florida. remnants of the storm are for sale. More than 170 items were listed on eBay internet auction site Monday.

aolsvc.news.aol.com...

One of the items for bid was a tupperware filled with wind another was vial of rain.

I can't believe people would take a tragedy like Francis and try to make money off it, I guess it just shows how shallow and greedy some people are!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think almost everyone on the east coast is going to get lots of free rain water from Frances. I already got over 4 inches in my rain gage here in South Carolina today on Tuesday. I don't know why any sane person would pay money to buy Frances rainwater. I hear I may get another 4 to 7 inches of free Frances rainwater tonight and tomorrow. I thought this storm was supposed to just be a tropical low pressure system. Over 34 tornadoes in South Carolina seem to dispel this notion that this is an ordinary low pressure system.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I live in western New York state and there is a flood watch here for tomorrow night through Thursday- this is an unbelievable storm, and those idiots on eBay only care about making money off the storm, not about who is hurt or even killed by ithe storm.Ask anyone in Florida who lost homes or loved ones if they think it is funny.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
I can't believe people would take a tragedy like Francis and try to make money off it, I guess it just shows how shallow and greedy some people are!

That's what people are so good at these days. Can you imagine how much money has been made from 9/11 t shirts, posters, framed memoriams, news specials, bumperstickers, in Virginia license plates, twin-towers memorabilia, pentagon memorabilia, etc...

There is a colored ribbon sold for everything. The war in Iraq is making a pretty penny for retailers who peddle 'support our troops' wares.

When someone dies, the sales go CRAZY on ebay.

Look at it from another possible side too: perhaps that tupperware of rain is going towards the fund to rebuild that guys roof, and tupperware was the only thing that survived in his kitchen.

new topics

top topics

join