It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dismal' prospects: 1 in 2 Americans are now poor or low income

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This posted up on U.S.News...

1 in 2 Americans are now poor or low income

"The reality is that prospects for the poor and the near poor are dismal," he said. "If Congress and the states make further cuts, we can expect the number of poor and low-income families to rise for the next several years."

So, it's near the snapping point for Americans... or is this a propaganda move to make all of the legislation Washington has enacted to supress and secure the American People appear justifiable?

Then we have the rich in "Congress" and the "Senate" casting votes in an effort - not to assist the American People - but to take every avenue possible to protect themselves from the aftermath of their criminal actions. Actions that have impoverished America, even killed Americans... and legislation that they endorse that promises more of the same.

I'm tired of talking about this. Aren't you? Action usually is required in order to change things... wouldn't you rather be talking about how great it is to be an American?...

So would I.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
They just changed the definition of poor:

The Obama administration Tuesday embraced an alternative way of defining what it means to be poor, stepping gingerly into a long-running debate over whether to revise the method that has been used to measure poverty for decades.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I'm just throwing that out there for your consideration...I'm NOT saying that everyone in America is doing just fine....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

The Cloward/Piven Strategy is named after Columbia University sociologists Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven. Their goal is to overthrow capitalism by overwhelming the government bureaucracy with entitlement demands. The created crisis provides the impetus to bring about radical political change.

www.americanthinker.com...

This is all going according to plan. Obama is the architect and Cloward-Piven the designers.

Just my two food stamps

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hm, so are the poor still lazy, or is it a bit obvious now that since half of our beautiful country is poor, that maybe there is something a bit more sinister going on?

Why is it easier to believe that 100-150 million people are lazy welfare queens than that 1000 rich white guys are selfish a**holes? Why is it so much easier to demonize the masses of the poor than the rich?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me 1 bit. The cost of living compared to the cost of living raise you get each year at work don't come close to equaling out.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
hmm... isn't exploitation ,murder and genocide the american way? So like now americans are at the recieving end of manifest destiny,so you are whining about it.Suck it up and accept your responsiblity.you have to bailout banks and corporatists while your kids starve thats your destiny manifested now.Unless your society is radically changed to Amish or family oriented ways you are going to starve and face mass genocide whether by means of starvation,chemical weaponry or bullets that I cannot say.

Mend your ways.

new topics

top topics

join