It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson Leaving GOP for Libertarian Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Gary Johnson Leaving GOP for Libertarian Party

www.newsmax.com

Republican presidential candidate Gary Johnson has been “hung out to dry” by the GOP establishment and that is the reason he is likely to leave the party and run for the presidency as a libertarian, he says.

The former New Mexico governor tells Newsmax.TV he has faced a Catch-22 situation because his name has not appeared in the opinion polls that decide whether he has enough support to get him a place in the party’s debates, which means he has not been able to gain the exposure that could have
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It seems former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson will be jumping from the GOP and will seek the Libertarian Party nomination. As a member of the Libertarian Party, I have mixed feelings on this.

His support of the Fair Tax and several questionable quotes about what kind of foreign policy he would have aside, he fits the party platform very well, perhaps even more so than Ron Paul.

In the one debate he was allowed to participate, I think he did very well. While Paul talked about the ethical and philosophical points, Johnson made very good practical points and implementations of libertarian policy.

However, in 2008 the LP nominated former Republican congressmen Bob Barr for president and it was a disaster. Fast forward 4 years and Barr is endorsing Newt Gingrich of all people.

In addition, it seems Johnson is simply bitching about being shutout of the debates rather than truly believing in the LP. I think he simply wants to run and the LP is the easiest path to get on the ballot in all 50 states.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good for him.

join