It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junkyard gives up secret accounts of Iraq massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Junkyard gives up secret accounts of Iraq massacre

www.msnbc.msn.com

BAGHDAD — One by one, the Marines sat down, swore to tell the truth and began to give secret interviews discussing one of the most horrific episodes of America’s time in Iraq: the 2005 massacre by Marines of Iraqi civilians in the town of Haditha.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would like to call this a Hoax. It will undoubtedly become available on ATS sooner or later if i post it or not. I considered against it.

In no way shape or form are classified material or remotely thought to be classified material is discarded in the "Trash".

Every single page of the document MUST either be secured and returned the government into whom they belong or disposed of by certain protocols. No classified document is ever destroyed without the government's knowledge. They are given permission to "Address Protocol".

- Every single page the of the document must be shredded
- A red bag ,trash bag, announces the contents of this bag is not to be touched by any unauthorized personnel.
- All material MUST be burned.

That is just a simple breakdown of what usually takes place.

They don't simply "Throw it in the trash".

discarding classified material against protocol / without permission is punishable by several different sections of Military Law.

I promise you , this information is most likely a hoax or the documents were fictionally fabricated.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

-----------

There is no doubt civilian casualties lost in such a way during the war , but it isnt discarded into the Junkyard without some type of protocol method being used.

Also , they dont tell you half the people you kill have guns and their buddies simply grab their weapon or bodies IF possible and run with them.

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is heart-breaking.

First and foremost is the loss of civilian - non-combatant - lives. Second is the sad reality that most of us remaining here, while our sons, daughters, mothers and fathers, entered the fray, can't seem to understand that this horror is exactly what "war" is now.

We like to think the patriotic pablum we are fed to bolster our 'support' for the troops is all 'true' and reality is a bunch of guys taking up positions and shooting at each other. THAT is not war. THAT is television combat.

More often than not the killing is indifferent to the theater. "My life is in jeopardy (or those of my team) and therefore I will hold no reservations in securing our safety." But the line between danger and stress is blurred after repeated and long exposure to life threatening situations, long drawn out periods of boredom punctuated by terror, anger, and desperation to survive.

I cannot speak to the facts. we don't really know them. Is there a possibility that protocols for securing this information were overlooked or cast aside? It surely is. Does it matter? No.

We wonder why Iraq refused to offer immunity to the troops.... we wonder why the Iraqi officials asked us to leave, even after we made a case for staying. We wonder why the locals could hold such a grudge against our troops who were there "to protect them from tyranny and subversive insurgency."

This is one case showing the reason... and it is not the only case... this is just the only case for which corroborating documentation was discovered.

Funny how so many of our celebrities and talking heads use the 'declaration that the war is over' to make happy noises with their face holes.... or pound their chests with pride.... and any who question the outcome and its cost are considered less than 'reasonable.'

I know what war is. Many of our soldiers and marines, sailors and airmen will always be haunted by these stories - or events (assuming they are true) and all it does is lead to demoralization for both the troops and the country.

And the political parrots and their military shills will continue to engage in their habit of presuming they are correct in their righteousness which compels many inexperienced and young adults to enter 'warfare' thinking it serves some purpose greater than themselves.

It could have. But some cluster of dysfunctional combatants can render it all moot by becoming the same thing we were fighting - thugs bent on dominating everyone around them. The field commanders content that their rosters are 'full' keep sending them back... because they believe the garbage they spew regarding duty and honor - completely out of context with reality; as if their commands made reality change. Where was their commander? And how is it that we can be sure that at that level - no consequences will be felt?

Do we apologize for it? Do we justify it? And does it matter to the dead?

Well over 15,000 Americans remain (non-DOD), many in positions to continue the violence.... do you think this is going to change? Do you think this isn't happening, or going to happen, in Afghanistan? Are our politicians ready to answer for the war THEY started? Definitely NOT. They didn't even send their kids.

Sorry - in a bad mood now.... we like to think our country is so progressive, civilized, and "better." Then we allow fast-talking media celebrity politicians to send us off to die and kill others.... so their investments and plans can come to fruition. Why are we not learning?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I just find it funny how a Reporter so happened to find classified documents in a Baghdad junk yard. Just so happened to be right where he / she looked and had the right man there to answer the reporters questions and give her more classified material to "protect the Americans".

Just seems suspicious

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Could it be a setup? I think it's not impossible either.

I have to say, the kind of scenario the NY Times reporter injected into the facts seems awfully well 'researched.'

Time will tell. I will be very relieved if this proves to be an exaggerated lie... It's hard enough to be a military professional these days without the added baggage of Tokyo Rose-esque propaganda poisoning the world's opinion against you.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
though there are obviously regulations in place to no end, it does not mean they are always followed. I have seen worse handling of very sensitive materials. During a tour of the sandbox I once had to report a powerpoint briefing that was availible on publicly accessible network drives. File was marked up as secret/sensitive all over, went into some pretty great detail of bombing runs, made a big stink that it was just 'out there'

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
War is hell! These documents give a quite candid view to one of the most dangerous times for US military personnel in Iraq. When the insurgency was at its worse. Why were these reports not disposed of or filed in a proper fashion? They are classified! Someone in the military must have wanted them to be found or it is just utter negligence on the part of the soldiers tasked with the looming withdrawal which must be completed by the end of the year?

Either way, it should give a reminder to everyone how rough things were not only for the US military personnel in theater, but the Iraqi civilians as well. This stuff will continue long after the last whirly bird or US military vehicle crosses the border into Kuwait. I have mixed feelings about the whole Iraq War and I have had both friends and family who served in the conflict, and some did not make it home. My hope is Iraq will continue on the course of peace and prosperity after such a long and bloody conflict. Those who would throw a wrench in the engine are still there. Violence is down for the most part since the days these reports were fresh, but I fear this is the calm before the storm. War is hell!
edit on 15-12-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

“As the U.S. military leaves Iraq, the New York Times has recovered hundreds of pages of documents detailing internal interrogations of U.S. Marines over the 2005 Haditha massacre of Iraqi civilians. The documents — many marked secret — were found among scores of other classified material at a junkyard outside Baghdad as an attendant used them as fuel to cook his dinner.”
[emphasis mine]

www.democracynow.org...

Either charge the U.S. Govt for “treason” for “releasing secret info” or DEMAND THE RELEASE OF MANNING & ASSANGE! NOW! “Universe” has just thrown yet another Enlightening wrench into the dark elements of these “globalists”; we must grab this opportunity and turn it back on them.

edit on 21-12-2011 by earth2mayavision because: clarify

new topics

top topics

join