It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I swear that I will support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"I solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

This is the first line of the oath I took when I entered the military way back in the late 80's. The Constitution was sacred to us. It was untouchable and could never be taken away. Today I shed a tear for my country, the right to a fair and speedy trial has been ripped away from us by traitors in Washington. National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) is set to get though congress.

Military given go-ahead to detain US terrorist suspects without trial

Barack Obama has abandoned a commitment to veto a new security law that allows the military to indefinitely detain without trial American terrorism suspects arrested on US soil who could then be shipped to Guantánamo Bay.

Human rights groups accused the president of deserting his principles and disregarding the long-established principle that the military is not used in domestic policing. The legislation has also been strongly criticised by libertarians on the right angered at the stripping of individual rights for the duration of "a war that appears to have no end".

www.guardian.co.uk...

8th article of the Bill of Rights (Ratified as the Sixth Amendment on Dec. 15, 1791)

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

www.thirty-thousand.org...

If Obama doesn't veto this bill then he is a traitor and should be removed from office for violating his oath of office. I recall him saying these words back in 2008, did he not?

"I, Barack Obama, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and I will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Have Americans become so insecure and afraid of the big bad terrorists that we are willing to let those in Washington throw our rights away? I am not willing to accept this and no American should unless we have all become a bunch of cowards.

OWS and Tea Party need something to protest about? THIS IS IT. A couple of million of us in front of the White House is what needs to happen. I pray America wakes up. I will be there.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty"
-Ben Franklin
jpetrie.myweb.uga.edu...

edit on 12/15/2011 by Erasurehead because: fit title

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
A dire manipulated economy has taken people's mind off such simple things like the loss of their Freedom. It's all working out according to plan.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Which part of the Constitution do you think is violated by the FY2012 NDAA? I can tell you now, it does not violate the 6th Amendment. That amendment applies to criminal prosecutions, and the NDAA doesn't change criminal prosecutions in any way whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I took the same oth as you did, and will stand behind it until the day I die.

Please read the damn thing!

US Citizens are exempt.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Which part of the Constitution do you think is violated by the FY2012 NDAA? I can tell you now, it does not violate the 6th Amendment. That amendment applies to criminal prosecutions, and the NDAA doesn't change criminal prosecutions in any way whatsoever.

Perhaps legally it doesn't violate the Constitution. But ethically, its a clear violation. Just because they swap the word "criminal" with "terrorist" (which can be anyone, I might add), doesn't change the fact of what they're doing here.

They're saying "Because we use the word/label you as 'Terrorist', we can completely dismiss your constitutional rights, and hold you indefinitely without a trial". That's a violation of the Constitution, regardless of how they try to swing it.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines

US Citizens are exempt.

Clearly, my friend, you haven't read it yourself. US Citizens are not exempt. US Citizens if labelled a terrorist or potential terror threat, which falls under their definitions, can be arrested and detained indefinitely without trial, on or off US soil.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Thanks for the post, BUMPED. My fellow tested election judges look at me
like at some multiheaded extraterrestrial when I swear the much more imposing
oath of military service every time our polling place opens. It's all too bad how
many of us don't get it, or may never. Thanks beyond words for your service;
this from a 4F'r helping improve the gear in the rear. And a lifetime isn't long
enough...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
R.I.P. America.
You were loved by many.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Keep in mind ... enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC! IMHO the whole crew who voted for this bill should be tried for treason and relieved of office, and imprisoned at the very least...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Keep in mind ... enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC! IMHO the whole crew who voted for this bill should be tried for treason and relieved of office, and imprisoned at the very least...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

While I agree with Your stance, I must point out that many, on faith, will accept whoever They say is a "domestic enemy." And if that is a 54 year old old lady who believes the NWO is moving in and has information about electrogravitics ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ), We are in for rough ride.

I mean... Who do the troops look to in deciding whether They are protecting the US from a domestic enemy?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
We are all living in a bad Twilight Zone movie that we cant turn off.

edit on 15-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think it's about time that we did start rounding up Americans. They need to be arrested and detained -- possibly without trial and held indefinitely.

Let's start with the government. I consider them to be domestic terrorists who should be arrested. Let's see how they like being held without due process. As far as I'm concerned, we have all the evidence we need to proceed.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If you would like to know how your friendly "representative " in the House voted:
www.govtrack.us...

The video of Carl Levin (D-Michigan) stating that this bill applies to US citizens has been removed from youtube. For the few individuals still in denial over the fact that this law does in fact apply to US citizens:

Obama will sign. His only objections were that he has claimed to already have this power and he was worried that the language in the bill would afford Americans some degree of protection under the Geneva Convention.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

no, US Citizens can be found to be "sympathizers".....or called "terrorists", for no reason than their politics......this is the end of America.......or the beginning....looks like it is up to us which way it will go!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

What about a perceived threat? Would you fire upon your own countrymen if your CO told you that the American people were a perceived threat?

If you will fire upon your own you seriously need to be re-evaluated as you clearly are unfit for duty.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The thing is though that Obama says he already had those powers, and also said that if Congress didn't give him the power in the bill, then he would veto it. Congress is JUST as guilty here, and there are many people that need to be ousted from office.

I guarantee that there are some die-hard people in the US who are keeping a list...And when TSHTF, they will probably have their own personal agendas. I mean this is utterly ridiculous. The only ones who have any idea just how special our country was supposed to be when it was created are few and far between. Obama, supposedly an expert on the Constitution, doesn't agree with it apparently. He thinks HE knows what's best for us. Grrrrrrrrr. I am mad.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Get one thing clear, the domestic terrorists are The SCUM and not the nation, quick to blame the puppets again instead of The SCUM!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by Afterthought

Get one thing clear, the domestic terrorists are The SCUM and not the nation, quick to blame the puppets again instead of The SCUM!

Try reading his entire post.........

Let's start with the government. I consider them to be domestic terrorists who should be arrested. Let's see how they like being held without due process. As far as I'm concerned, we have all the evidence we need to proceed.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

This is what submarine is referring to.

From Sec. 1031 of S1867

AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.

From 1032 of S1867

b) APPLICABILITY TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—
(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The require- ment to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—The require- ment to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

www.gpo.gov...
edit on 15-12-2011 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join