It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Iraq War: "This is not a withdrawal, this is an act on a stage."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You would think that the end of the war would get tons more media coverage and a bit more people showing up right? So you think the guy who spoke to The Guardian, Mundhar Kamel, is right. This seems a bit too staged?

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 15-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

edit on 15-12-2011 by GreenFurnNW because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Of course it's staged,

'Obama' got the Troops out of Iraq, he 'Ended' the war, it puts a blind eye to Afghanistan, and Libya, and the millions of civilians murdered through the years, the Drone Attacks, the invading of the Middle East, the provoking of War with Iran, and Syria, shall i continue?

though, as i've stated numerous times, and continue to reiterate, it's not 'Obama' as he is the facade, the puppet, it is those higher in control that we should focus blame on,

they needed troops out of Iraq if they wanted justification for sending troops into Iran, or Syria, or any other country the Globalist plan on invading,

you give an inch, and take four back, but the sheeple got their inch

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Pulling troops out of Iraq gives Israel a nice clear, fast route into Iran. And America doesn't have to save face when it happens.

Also, they claim they are pulling all troops out by the end of the year. However, I'm sure we will leave behind oh... say 50,000 or so "advisers" at that nice gigantic embassy we built.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
anti-christ obama anyone?pretending to bring piece before the end times.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We did not withdrawal from Iraq. they kicked the US out. We did not want to leave but forced to.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
We did not withdrawal from Iraq. they kicked the US out. We did not want to leave but forced to.

The timetable for withdrawing U.S. troops in Iraq was decided during the Bush administration with the signing of the (SOFA) Status of Forces Agreement between the U.S. and Iraq back in 2008.

The agreement, set a timetable for most U.S. troops to leave Iraq cities on or by 6, 30, 2009, Leaving about 50,000 troops in place until the final withdrawal on or about 12, 31, 2011.

SOFA Status of Force Agreement

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Take the troops out of the way of the fallout is more like it, Have the troops stateside so they can round up American citizens to concentration camps after the dollar collapse. One of the two if not both.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The timetable for withdrawing U.S. troops in Iraq was decided during the Bush administration with the signing of the (SOFA) Status of Forces Agreement between the U.S. and Iraq back in 2008.

The agreement, set a timetable for most U.S. troops to leave Iraq cities on or by 6, 30, 2009, Leaving about 50,000 troops in place until the final withdrawal on or about 12, 31, 2011.

SOFA Status of Force Agreement

That's almost spot on to the day thanks for that!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

." That timetable was actually set in place by a 2008 agreement George W. Bush signed with Iraq, which called for all troops to be out by year's end. In fact, the Obama team had been negotiating with Iraq for a few thousand U.S. troops to stay on past 2011. Iraq balked at American demands that U.S. troops retain legal immunity, and a new deal was scuttled. So really, the U.S. "is being kicked out by the very people that we liberated,"

link

Sorry to tell you but Obama is no herro.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Sorry to tell you but Obama is no herro.

Sorry to inform you but Obama had nothing to do with the withdrawal nor did I vote for him nor will I.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That is what I said Iraq kicked us out. They told us to leave! Obama wanted to stay longer if you read the link I sent.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Seriously?

Is that your source?
The Opinion section? We all know what they say about "Opinions"

Obama had no choice in the matter. Bush and the Iraqi Government had already finalized the deal for the Dec, 2011 date back in 2008.

Obama was just along for the ride.
edit on 15-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The Obama administration did have to abide with that accord from 2008, however, not for lack of trying to extend US presence. As the other poster indicated there were unsuccessful attempts made:

The inability of the United States and Iraq to agree on legal immunity for American troops led to President Obama’s announcement in October that the last soldiers would leave the country by the end of the year.

src

brill

top topics

join