It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so SICK to death with Jesus FREAKS this Holiday!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Just a friendly reminder...

Your savior didn't use terroristic threats to spread his own message. Why would you do so in his name?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I live amid an entire state of them, and I feel for you, my dear. My mother was one of those wonderful folk who could give lip service with the best of the preachers, but when the time came, she was just as besotted with drink and debauchery as them as well. I can't afford much for 'christmas' either, but then, I don't enjoy this holiday like the interlopers do, I enjoy the old season Yule, which is far older and truer than the pretender's. I recommend a "no soliciting or religious dogma" sign cast in tasteful bronze to be placed next to your doorbell so they don't darken your doorstep anymore. If they try to broach the subject, tell them that it is impolite to discuss religion, sex, or politics with strangers. If they continue, pat them on the head as if they were good pups, and walk away. I've been irritated by them, incensed at their arrogance, outraged at their false piety, and now that I'm older and know myself and the world far more than they ever will, I look on them with only glancing disdain and then dismissal. I do not suffer fools, nor should you.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skada
reply to post by gabby2011

Then keep up your good works and don't push religion. Just kindly help your fellow man the best way you can.

What I was trying to state was: As a christian, do not push religion, as christ-like help your fellow man without the dogma and cultus; with love.

I am not a christian or any religion for that matter, I am philosophical and follow (as close as I can) the spirit of the christ-like attitude.

That is good advice..thank you

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Life is too important to take seriously.

Chill out man, we're not all so bad.

Besides, Christmas isn't Christian.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hey there, have a merry CHRISTmas brother!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You just gotta let it go...
I don't believe either, and I just look the other way. There are so many of them still (how?), and you could wind up very cranky around a holiday. You have to respect individual rights, we can point and stare all we want though.
I can't believe so many still believe in comic books-such as religious books. I stopped believing in Santa long ago.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Its called Christmas. So the Christians highjacked a pagan festival for their own needs, but lets face it, a little Xmas cheer and a few carols is nothing compared to what some cultures have to endure in the name of religion.

get some perspective, and have a merry xmas

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

happy holidays everyone, people knocking on doors would be better received if they showed up with a 6 pack.

tell them you're non denominational, they'll give up, you will not be worth their time.

meanwhile enjoy the good side of the holidays, the decorations, food, music, silly movies, smilling kids, etc.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

they fear stars in circles

Oh my goodness, thank you for this!!! I laughed so hard!

Hang in there ldyserenity - I think they know not how frustrating they can be. Blesed be, and I hope things turn up better for you and your family soon.... Been there, done that. I saw a great idea just this evening, to pick up fallen deciduous branches and put them in a container (the person blogging used a container filled with yarn balls to hold them in position, but it could be rolled up old t-shirts or whatever) to make a very creative and artsy holiday tree for the kids, to then decorate on the cheap - oranges with cloves, etc. They can make decorations from old bags and crayons, or whatnot. Have them make personal cards for people when money is too tight. Hit the dollar store if needed, you can find something cute there - oh yeah, and don't forget the thrift store! Some of my best gifts were thrift store gifts! Depends on the age of the kids, but my folks bought an old orange suitcase and filled it with thrift store clothes one year - best year ever in my book - I had the best dress-up make-believe clothes of any of my freinds! I kid you not.

Hopefully yours aren't teenagers, they are much more difficult then. Good luck!!!

edit on 15-12201112-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: Spelling fix

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Jesus was a MORTAL man..... He was actually nothing until after his death. THEN people started seeing him as a "god". The bible was written AFTER his death, and you know the phone game........... one thing was said and twisted to what they want you to believe.

I don't have the time to post links right now.... but the King James version of the bible was written by King James after he sent his most ignorant people to copy the scrolls.... Thus they couldn't read, and he translated it to HIS beliefs to control his people.

Everyone has a right to their OWN beliefs.... No one should push ANY religion on anyone else. Search your heart, use all of the resources out there, and decide for yourself.... as for me and my house, we celebrate Christmas as tradition, not the birth of Christ. To me, this is worshipping a "false god".

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Yule, and Happy to be alive and well!

Love to all this season and throughout the year.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

When they show up at my door, I tell them I will listen to them if they will donate to MY cause....... money, food, whatever they can help with. This shuts them up and they leave! LOL

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Just a friendly reminder...

Your savior didn't use terroristic threats to spread his own message. Why would you do so in his name?

~Heff

Lolwut? Wheres the terrorism in that? Overreact much?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
reply to post by Hefficide

Jesus was a MORTAL man..... He was actually nothing until after his death. THEN people started seeing him as a "god". The bible was written AFTER his death, and you know the phone game........... one thing was said and twisted to what they want you to believe.

I don't have the time to post links right now.... but the King James version of the bible was written by King James after he sent his most ignorant people to copy the scrolls.... Thus they couldn't read, and he translated it to HIS beliefs to control his people.

Everyone has a right to their OWN beliefs.... No one should push ANY religion on anyone else. Search your heart, use all of the resources out there, and decide for yourself.... as for me and my house, we celebrate Christmas as tradition, not the birth of Christ. To me, this is worshipping a "false god".

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Yule, and Happy to be alive and well!

Love to all this season and throughout the year.

hmm..where did you get this info?

Are you saying that all the miracles and accounts of Jesus through out his life were not written by the men that knew him then?

Are you saying that the resurrection was made up by King James?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
Ooh, another "I hate religious groupies so my heart is hardened towards God" thread, everyone jump on the bandwagon!

"But he that hates his brother is in darkness, and walks in darkness, and knows not where he is going, because that darkness has blinded his eyes." 1 John 2:11

A Merry Christmas to you.

edit on 15-12-2011 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

Ok, I do NOT hate any religion or their groupies, I just choose not to believe in most of what they have to say. I love all people equally until they don't deserve it anymore.... Everyone on this earth is my sister/brother, and I have no hate towards anyone. I just don't believe in the notion of Jesus.

Does this make me an evil person and am going to hell because I DON'T believe something that has not manifested anything but hatred and evil for about a thousand years because someone SAID IT IS SO?

I think not. I have my place in the "afterlife" and already know what it is. If YOU believe in something, that is fine, it is not my place to judge you at all, and I refuse to (and can't according to my moral standards) but all I will ask is that you stop taking things at face value and look a little bit deeper, like inside yourself rather than what people your whole life have TOLD you what is.

Your God is within you and will take care of you better than anything the "Bible" ever could or will.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Its possible you are noticing it alot more and it has become more apparent to your lifestyle. When we are children, we dont notice these things, we go to school, play with our toys and friends and dont think of stressful things or pay attention to them. But when we are older, we sense anger in people, we become frustrated easier as time goes on, and we teach ourselves bad habits to hate those we dont like.

I am not a Christian, but I will say you shouldnt hate them, but instead feel pity. The Christians feel they are doing the right thing, but in fact they are hurting more than helping. They should honestly search the truth and find out Christmas is nothing more than a pagan holiday mixed in with the birth of the Messiah. And if Christians, especially Jehovah Witnesses would realize that their religious practices of trying to 'convert' people is futile. Nobody will change what we have already chosen in our hearts from the beginning. The names written in the Book of Life cannot be changed. Its already been done, just now we learn to manage and cope with our decision we have made in ourselves.

My personal life has shown me that I have always been the way I am. Being older or younger, I would still make the same decisions. The Christian holy day or holiday Christmas is just a way of gathering more people together, so that they can ignore the evil that is among them. Its pretty much a big party for sober people who want to feel happy not caring for the truth, but only want togetherness. And one way is shoving down religious beliefs down other peoples throat so they can have a larger congregation.

Its sad to know, that these people who go to church every Sunday, but never really understand the meaning behind Christmas, are only dooming themselves and others.

I suggest to you, to not let it bother you because by letting it get to you, it makes the situation worse for yourself. Your own emotions and feelings to the holiday are your own choice. The way you react to it will determine if you will go insane and hurt someone, or shrug it off and ignore it. Choose the right way, the true way and tough it out.

Like a friend said to me a while back "suck it up princess". Thought it was fitting for this.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The feeling of this time of year and the celebration was co-opted by Christians to try to stamp out what they considered to be pagan holidays. It's winter solstice. Some Christians just really believe in their religion and genuinely want to help others out. If you really honestly believed people were going to burn in hell and be miserable if they didn't know this information, wouldn't you want to try to help people? Then there are the ones who are on an ego trip and like to make themselves feel like they are the saved ones and anyone who doesn't believe is the enemy. Those are the real idiots you have to watch out for. Unchecked they eventually launch inquisitions and holocausts.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ohhhhh boooo hoooo

LoL your life must be just like this Droopy Dog clip.

A clip from Northwest Hounded Police. One of Tex's finest.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
i agree with the OP, enough with the jesus stuff, where was he when obama signed our freedoms away or allowed the pentagon to wage war with websites it doesnt like?
he doesnt give a #

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Jesus freaks on Jesus birthday? Go figure. Well, when Satan has a birthday you might get a different class of people coming out of the woodwork. I think it is beyond hysterical that you are complaining about Christians celebrating Christmas. A duh...it is Christs birthday. Where do you suppose they should go? People know better than to knock on my door uninvited ~ Christian or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I hear that, You`d think someone one that was that religous wouldn`t be such a hypocrite. My explanation for that is everytime you speak with one of these fanatics they claim to be doing God`s Work. But my thinking is that if God were this all powerful entity which i do believe then why would it want a flawed human being doing the job for it???

Then i look back at history and all of "God`s Work" being done by humans and all the F`d up things religous groups have done to the world in the past and think God might have been here at one point but that was a long time ago and we are on our own now and have been for awhile.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join