It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so SICK to death with Jesus FREAKS this Holiday!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by ldyserenity

I understand that. I used to live in a neighborhood where jehovah's witnesses door knocked all the time. It does get old. I'm not like that though and neither are most of the other christians I know. The problem is that the pushy churches give others a bad name. Pretty much like anything else. One annoying person can give a whole group a bad rep. By the way, jehovah's witnesses who do the most door knocking are not Christ followers. They believe He was a prophet not the messiah and they believe that they have to earn their way into heaven which is why they do so much door knocking.

The way I understand it (as my friend who was raised JW explained to me) is they don't even beleive in the afterlife!!! Yeah they beleive that they die and become one of the rotten festering corpses in the ground and that's it, but here's the thing, if that is their beleif then why preach to anyone...oh the good will have their bodies "reconstructed" for them in final judgement and go to heaven (Genetic engineering?) but so what does it matter if you have eternal death in the ground and aren't raised up? The way I see it, is ignorance really is bliss in this respect. How can you miss being in Heaven if you are dead 2000 years with no knowledge. In other words eternal spirit had no place in their religion, our bodies is our life. Period, so what are you missing if you die and are dead forever more or you die and 2000 years down the road your body is recreated and you live in heaven?

edit on 15-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: clarification

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Don't you just love a religion that threatens you......that rules with an iron fist of threats of eternal pain, unless you fall into line.

From my understanding..it is a religion that preaches love.. and the salvation of mankind..eternal pain is for those who do not wish to love and accept redemption.

Tell me..as a parent.. when your child mistreats his brother or sister.. hitting or causing pain.. do you not tell that child it is unacceptable.. and if it continues he/she will be put in a corner.. ?

If that child grows up to cause injury to others and never shows repentance..are there not consequences to the actions?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I don't peach my own beliefs, And really, my beliefs are just a concoction of things that make sense in my mind. No religion, just me

Yes..you do preach your own made beliefs..and you have today on one of your posts.. You also put down others beliefs..

but..again..I say to you.. you are just one of "mankind" coming up with their own belief system and your version of what God is.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

Jesus was teaching about the true path of life: Love one another, treat others how you would like to be treated, and pay attention to negative thoughts as those can lead you down a path that you most likely do not want to take.

Yes Jesus taught those things..but did he not also teach..

"I am the way the truth and the light.. no one comes to the father but through me"

So what is it.. Jesus is correct about some teachings..and wrong about others?

I believe that when a soul is passing away.. God reveals to that soul who Jesus is and why He is the way to the father ..so we do not know what happens to many souls.. and what their choice was in the final seconds of life.

I respect your your choice to see otherwise.. and I don't wish to push my beliefs on you...as I hope you don't wish to push your beliefs on me...so lets agree to disagree..peacefully ..and wish each other truth.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Hmmmm Well I need his mercy...and about 10 million dollars...do you think he'll deliver? If I Just accept hime into my life? Doubtful, but I can beleive in myself instead and make that 10 mil and make my fate. I'll choose the latter TYVM!

Why would Jesus deliver 10 million ?.. many have accepted Him..and chosen poverty.

You are free to choose whatever you want.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

It was a joke. Nobody accepts poverty, they just tell themselves that so they don't feel like failures...I am in poverty and I will NEVER EVER accept it, But I won't step on people to get out of it, either, I will make my path as ethically and through hard work and self sacrifice as possible, until I made my ten mil dollars.
edit on 15-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling and add

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Don't you just love a religion that threatens you......that rules with an iron fist of threats of eternal pain, unless you fall into line.

From my understanding..it is a religion that preaches love.. and the salvation of mankind..eternal pain is for those who do not wish to love and accept redemption.

Tell me..as a parent.. when your child mistreats his brother or sister.. hitting or causing pain.. do you not tell that child it is unacceptable.. and if it continues he/she will be put in a corner.. ?

If that child grows up to cause injury to others and never shows repentance..are there not consequences to the actions?

Whoa...there's a HUGE difference between a corner....and eternal hell fire

I don't equate raising children with a religious sect. Being a parent is a my responsibility...not Jesus'.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I don't peach my own beliefs, And really, my beliefs are just a concoction of things that make sense in my mind. No religion, just me

Yes..you do preach your own made beliefs..and you have today on one of your posts.. You also put down others beliefs..

but..again..I say to you.. you are just one of "mankind" coming up with their own belief system and your version of what God is.

#1) Im tolerant to everyone and everything, i did not put down others beliefs, i put down people trying to ram it in my face. (Until proven otherwise, i am tolerant to everyone, unless they prove themselves to be unworthy of my tolerance. Which is based on their personality and their actions).
#2) Im not preaching anything to anyone, preaching would entail be telling other people or trying to convince other people of my beliefs, which is not happening.

And the way i see it, a custom tailored belief system for myself and only for myself is what works best for me. Organized religion does not work for me, it never will, because thats just who i am. I have my own theories about where religion came from and why it is here, but that is another topic all together.

edit on 15/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hmmmm Well I need his mercy...and about 10 million dollars...do you think he'll deliver? If I Just accept hime into my life? Doubtful, but I can beleive in myself instead and make that 10 mil and make my fate. I'll choose the latter TYVM!

Why would Jesus deliver 10 million ?.. many have accepted Him..and chosen poverty.

You are free to choose whatever you want.

Chosen poverty?
How the hell do you choose to be poor? Most people dont choose to be in poverty, they are born into it.
Choose to be in poverty?

Honestly, thats one of the stupidest things i've heard recently.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Whoa...there's a HUGE difference between a corner....and eternal hell fire I don't equate raising children with a religious sect. Being a parent is a my responsibility...not Jesus'.

You did not read or understand the rest of my post.. if a child continues on with acts of hatred.. and cares little for what others feel... to the point of killing others.. just for their money..as an example.. will you welcome this child into your home?

Who said Jesus was responsible for raising your children? ..again you are reading into it incorrectly.

God does not send people to hell.. people choose to reject god..and choose it for themselves.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Whoa...there's a HUGE difference between a corner....and eternal hell fire I don't equate raising children with a religious sect. Being a parent is a my responsibility...not Jesus'.

You did not read or understand the rest of my post.. if a child continues on with acts of hatred.. and cares little for what others feel... to the point of killing others.. just for their money..as an example.. will you welcome this child into your home?

Who said Jesus was responsible for raising your children? ..again you are reading into it incorrectly.

God does not send people to hell.. people choose to reject god..and choose it for themselves.

A child acting out of hatred, and perhaps killing for money is not the fault of the child, it is the living conditions and lack of parental leadership and POVERTY that leads to these things.

I dont see hell as a place of fire and brimstone.
I see hell in the world we live in today, everywhere.

When we die, we'll be reborn to learn a new lesson, die, and do it again, until we regain live out our karma and learn all the lessons that need to be learned.

Praying to a god may make you feel great(and if it does, good for you!), but it doesnt help the hell on earth we have right now.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You are not making any sense to me...I'll not bite into your chocolate covered religious cookie.

My one and only child, is full grown and a Prof. at a major university....I did good

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Chosen poverty? How the hell do you choose to be poor? Most people dont choose to be in poverty, they are born into it. Choose to be in poverty? Honestly, thats one of the stupidest things i've heard recently.

There are some who have been born into riches..and walked away from it to lead a life of simple holiness. It doesn't mean they have no food.. but they have chosen a very simple life to live their faith.

You may think it is stupid.. but it happens.

edit on 15-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Chosen poverty? How the hell do you choose to be poor? Most people dont choose to be in poverty, they are born into it. Choose to be in poverty? Honestly, thats one of the stupidest things i've heard recently.

There are some who have been born into riches..and walked away from it to lead a life of simple holiness. It doesn't mean they have no food.. but they have chosen a very simple life to live their faith.

You may think it is stupid.. but it happens.

Thousands of Monks in Tibet come to mind.....They sure don't come knocking on my door.....

Once again...there is a big difference between a life of poverty, and choosing a life of simplicity.

edit on 15-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You are not making any sense to me...I'll not bite into your chocolate covered religious cookie. My one and only child, is full grown and a Prof. at a major university....I did good

Why do you insist I am talking about you..?

I am trying to give an example..and you keep making it about you..why is that?

I'm happy your son is a prof.. but do you think God loves him more because of that?

He died for his sins..as well as the man who works hard at his walmart job.

Jesus loves equally and is not a lover of "mans distinction".

Someday you will see that clearly.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I see what you're saying and I am saying those people are daft!!!! You can better serve mankind and God with lots of money to help out those who are in poverty not of choice. and they can also keep themselves happy why inflict self induced misery? I will never understand that.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Which "Version" of the bible is that from? And this is quite important, why so many translations, versions, redaction, ect.
Source

John 14:6
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
6Jesus saith to him, `I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one doth come unto the Father, if not through me;
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

6Jesus said unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
American Standard Version (ASV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Amplified Bible (AMP)
6Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
6"I am the way, the truth, and the life!" Jesus answered. "Without me, no one can go to the Father.
Darby Translation (DARBY)
6Jesus says to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father unless by me.
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
6Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
6Jesus answered him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one goes to the Father except through me.
King James Version (KJV)
6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Lexham English Bible (LEB)
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
The Message (MSG)
6-7Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him. You've even seen him!"

I don't think it means what you think it means.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

I see what you're saying and I am saying those people are daft!!!! You can better serve mankind and God with lots of money to help out those who are in poverty not of choice. and they can also keep themselves happy why inflict self induced misery? I will never understand that.

How many rich are in spiritual misery? ..all you have to do is look around at many who have so much money and see their lives are full of shallow material things.

I agree you can help others with money.. but the teachings of Jesus never included trying to become rich..there must be a reason for that?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skada

Which "Version" of the bible is that from? And this is quite important, why so many translations, versions, redaction, ect.
Source

John 14:6
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
6Jesus saith to him, `I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one doth come unto the Father, if not through me;
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

6Jesus said unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
American Standard Version (ASV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Amplified Bible (AMP)
6Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
6"I am the way, the truth, and the life!" Jesus answered. "Without me, no one can go to the Father.
Darby Translation (DARBY)
6Jesus says to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father unless by me.
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
6Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
6Jesus answered him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one goes to the Father except through me.
King James Version (KJV)
6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Lexham English Bible (LEB)
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
The Message (MSG)
6-7Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him. You've even seen him!"

I don't think it means what you think it means.

ummm..I think its fairly apparent what it means.. we need the sacrifice of Jesus to be with the Father in heaven...we need the sacrifice of Jesus..to communicate with the Father here on earth.

God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. ..and no one will know God without knowing Jesus.

What do you think it means?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It says that god is within us. Of course these are parables for quantum physics. The Mustard Seed comes to mind. How are you going to explain to a bunch of country bumpkins that what you think IS VERY IMPORTANT, and what you ask for from the universe, you will in fact receive, just not in the way you expect.

For instance: "God give me patience."
Answer (and god does have a since of humor): "Oh, I will give you more patience then you want. But I won't just give it to you, that would be too easy. Instead, I will send so much crap your way that these things will test your patience until you finally cultivate it." - True Story

Yes, you can ask for anything that your heart desires, and you will get it. But, do you really want to ask [god/the universe/invisible man in the sky] for anything that would cause you pain and torture? We do it every day. Instead, tend to your spiritual lessons, keep growing spiritually, and help your fellow human. If you keep facing the same types of situations in your life that you do not like, then this is a lesson that needs to be learned that you are just not getting. Our life goes through cycles, learn to look for them.

Don't do the Cristian thing and don't worry about if your neighbor believes in the same things that you believe in. Instead do the Christ-Like thing and help them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join