It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so SICK to death with Jesus FREAKS this Holiday!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by ldyserenity

I was raised catholic...the worst of the lot.

ME TOO!!!!

Maybe this is the reason for my deepseated revulsion to all things relating to the discussion of Jesus!
Probably.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You can't educate an empty mind. Don't beat yourself up even trying. Energy vampires know no boundaries....set stronger boundaries of white light. A little salt sprinkled in front of your door might help too....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Answer the door stark naked. That's what my brother-in-law did and they NEVER came back.

I don't let it get to me. They don't come to our house (thankfully) but if they did, I would make sure they didn't come back...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Christmas predates Jesus and all of Christianity...it is NOT a Christian holiday, it is a tool of Christians to "steal" pagans

Christmas may have hijacked the date of another pagan holiday or festival, but "Christmas" itself does not predate Jesus or Christianity, simply by the below definition.
Use Wiki!

The word "Christmas" originated as a compound meaning "Christ's mass".

Many popular customs associated with Christmas developed independently of the commemoration of Jesus’ birth, with certain elements having origins in pre-Christian festivals that were celebrated around the winter solstice by pagan populations who were later converted to Christianity. These elements, including the Yule log from Yule and gift giving from Saturnalia,[68] became syncretized into Christmas over the centuries. The prevailing atmosphere of Christmas has also continually evolved since the holiday's inception, ranging from a sometimes raucous, drunken, carnival-like state in the Middle Ages,[84] to a tamer family-oriented and children-centered theme introduced in a 19th-century reformation.[85][86] Additionally, the celebration of Christmas was banned on more than one occasion within Protestant Christendom due to concerns that it was too pagan or unbiblical.

edit on 15-12-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Well, again there is no "worst of the religions". I was raised mormon, I left when I realized I only went to socialize with other people. In my mind this was no reason to "go to church" and I could be using my Sunday for better pursuits like getting ready for the work week ahead or just relaxing to get ready for the work week ahead. I think we went wrong when this season became about getting that new techno-gadget and trying to "keep up with the Joneses". It is about caring for your fellow human, even if you do not consider them as such. Who knows, that kindness that you show to one person could change that person so they do something like this: Secret Santa giving continues

I hope that this is where the Human Race is heading.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Someday Op.. you may regret these words of your rant..

Many will come to realize who is the King of heaven at some point in their lives..whether they choose to honor him and accept the path to their salvation will be their choice.

11Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skada

Well, again there is no "worst of the religions". I was raised mormon, I left when I realized I only went to socialize with other people. In my mind this was no reason to "go to church" and I could be using my Sunday for better pursuits like getting ready for the work week ahead or just relaxing to get ready for the work week ahead. I think we went wrong when this season became about getting that new techno-gadget and trying to "keep up with the Joneses". It is about caring for your fellow human, even if you do not consider them as such. Who knows, that kindness that you show to one person could change that person so they do something like this: Secret Santa giving continues

I hope that this is where the Human Race is heading.

Yes me too....sadly there are still a lot of closed-mided in the box strictly closed off people in this world and soem of them are going around preaching to people who want nothing more than to be left alone.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

I think we went wrong when this season became about getting that new techno-gadget and trying to "keep up with the Joneses". It is about caring for your fellow human, even if you do not consider them as such.

Agreed! Additionally, from having a religious background perspective, I think we went wrong when the season became about being good or more spiritual or devout this time of year as opposed to any other day of the year. I cant stand going to church this time of year. Nothing Is Different! I feel compelled to treat others the same in May as I do in December. Other than the focus on family and friends, there is nothing mystical about the season for me.
edit on 15-12-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I know what you mean about religious "missionaries" coming to your door and bothering you.

Imagine our surprise, living in the middle of Bum F. Egypt, and we get some Jehovah's Witnesses at our door one day. Oh, they didn't say they were Jehovah's Witnesses, they just say they're "Christians" but give us a copy of the Watchtower...HELLO...Anyway, they drove over 25 miles from their town just to get to our door.

They had the misfortune of having my husband answer the door. It was in the morning, after he's had his gallons of coffee and smokes, but before he brushed his teeth. In typical Asperger's fashion, he was overly-friendly and stood too close to them while chatting continuously like he hadn't spoken to another human being in ages.

They gave him a copy of their mag and literally ran off while he was still chattering away. I about died laughing.

He came in and scratched his head. "Them Christian ladies shore were in a hurry."

"Good job, Baby!" I said. "You just set the world's record for getting rid of door-to-door Christians! What's yer secret?"

He heaved a coffee and cigarette-smelling sigh and shrugged. "Beats the hell outta me. Ah guess Ah'm just too friendly."

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Many will come to realize who is the King of heaven at some point in their lives..whether they choose to honor him and accept the path to their salvation will be their choice.

11Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Don't you just love a religion that threatens you......that rules with an iron fist of threats of eternal pain, unless you fall into line.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And Christians may also eat their words...

Judging Others Lk. 6.3738, 4142
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

This verse they love to quote so much, yet some seem content to ignore it in the next breath.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

This verse they love to quote so much, yet some seem content to ignore it in the next breath.

How is telling people that their salvation comes through Jesus a judgement?

Then all the disciples of Christ were in error of judging for preaching the gospel of Christ?

I am not calling anyone bad names for not believing?.. I am not ranting because they refuse to believe?

It is their choice.

I also realize that I am in need of grace everyday.

May Jesus have mercy on all souls..especially those in most need of His mercy.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I am never too impressed when people start to try and force it down my throat
I've stood there and let them talk and feigned interest because im too nice to say "gtfo"
But thats the way its heading,
I am tolerant to other peoples beliefs, but telling me im going to go to hell, if i dont believe in exactly what you believe, uhhh.. No. Sorry.

Maybe next time ill start ripping apart their religion with some nice facts about the history of it. Sorry to say, but god and or jesus/christ or whatever benevolent power is out there, is inside of us. We are god, we are nature, we are the universe. The first mistake was making god exterior to man, it makes people easier to control that way when their god will send them to hell if they dont abide by rules written by men.

And there are UFO's in the bible too
, so. Let me believe what i want, and dont try to convince me you're right, because it will be met with a middle finger

"I will never follow the beliefs of man, why?, Because man destroys everything in his path"

edit on 15/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

And there are UFO's in the bible too , so. Let me believe what i want, and dont try to convince me you're right, because it will be met with a middle finger
"I will never follow the beliefs of man, why?, Because man destroys everything in his path"

I agree that everyone should be allowed their choice to believe in what they want...without infringing on the rights of others.

Your beliefs are beliefs by man as well.. whether you realize it or not.

To each their own.. but do not try and convince others that you have the truth because you choose not to go by mans beliefs... because you are just another human trying to tell others what truth is.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Skada

Then all the disciples of Christ were in error of judging for preaching the gospel of Christ?

I am not calling anyone bad names for not believing?.. I am not ranting because they refuse to believe?

It is their choice.

-How is telling people that their salvation comes through Jesus a judgement?
How is it not judgmental. If you don't believe in this one figure from history as the savior of all of mankind, then you will not go to the shiny place in the sky.
Jesus was teaching about the true path of life: Love one another, treat others how you would like to be treated, and pay attention to negative thoughts as those can lead you down a path that you most likely do not want to take.

-Then all the disciples of Christ were in error of judging for preaching the gospel of Christ?
No, some of them got the message wrong and were spreading disinfo by mistake, then the money changers got a hold of the new paradigm info and twisted it to their benefit.

-I am not calling anyone bad names for not believing?.. I am not ranting because they refuse to believe?
Never said you were, that quote from the bible was just my sentiment for most Christians as they are not really christ-like. There is a difference.

-It is their choice.
Ah, yes, Free will, the greatest gift "god" gave us. So, why is religion trying to take free will away?

-I also realize that I am in need of grace everyday.
Not just you, everyone.

grace 
noun
1. elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action: We watched her skate with effortless grace across the ice. Synonyms: attractiveness, charm, gracefulness, comeliness, ease, lissomeness, fluidity.
Antonyms: stiffness, ugliness, awkwardness, clumsiness; klutziness.
2. a pleasing or attractive quality or endowment:
He lacked the manly graces.
3. favor or goodwill.
Synonyms: kindness, kindliness, love, benignity; condescension.
4. a manifestation of favor, especially by a superior:
It was only through the dean's grace that I wasn't expelled from school. Synonyms: forgiveness, charity, mercifulness.
Antonyms: animosity, enmity, disfavor.
5. mercy; clemency; pardon:
He was saved by an act of grace from the governor.
synonyms: lenity, leniency, reprieve. Antonyms: harshness.

-May Jesus have mercy on all souls..especially those in most need of His mercy.
How about, let us to our free will and choice of what ever cultus we choose and not kill each other or take each other's stuff, be kind to one another and not judge anyone based on creed, color, cultus, race, etc etc etc. In the end, we are only THE HUMAN RACE.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I understand that. I used to live in a neighborhood where jehovah's witnesses door knocked all the time. It does get old. I'm not like that though and neither are most of the other christians I know. The problem is that the pushy churches give others a bad name. Pretty much like anything else. One annoying person can give a whole group a bad rep. By the way, jehovah's witnesses who do the most door knocking are not Christ followers. They believe He was a prophet not the messiah and they believe that they have to earn their way into heaven which is why they do so much door knocking.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reply to post by AzureSky

And there are UFO's in the bible too , so. Let me believe what i want, and dont try to convince me you're right, because it will be met with a middle finger

I agree that everyone should be allowed their choice to believe in what they want...without infringing on the rights of others.

Your beliefs are beliefs by man as well.. whether you realize it or not.

To each their own.. but do not try and convince others that you have the truth because you choose not to go by mans beliefs... because you are just another human trying to tell others what truth is.

I don't peach my own beliefs,
And really, my beliefs are just a concoction of things that make sense in my mind. No religion, just me

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

Noone can take your freewill and right to choose away. Ultimately it is only you who is reponsible for your choices. I could give a crap less about your eternal destination. You've heard the message and what you choose to do with it is on you and noone else.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

That is what I am saying, why can't we all just agree to disagree on our beliefs. Live and Let Live, but some people just want to see the world burn, take as much souls with them as possible and then whine and complain like little babies when things don't go their way, or their "target" does not believe in their cultus they are trying to push? I agree with your statement, I was not directing my statements to every Christian Church goer, just those who think that they need to push their diatribe on others who do not wish to receive the "gift of Christianity"

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Skada

It is their choice.

Hmmmm Well I need his mercy...and about 10 million dollars...do you think he'll deliver? If I Just accept hime into my life?
Doubtful, but I can beleive in myself instead and make that 10 mil and make my fate. I'll choose the latter TYVM!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join