It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical names and their meanings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here are some names that have biblical meaning:

Joshua (Yehoshua): God rescues
Jacob (form of Jacobus): Supplanter, held by the heel
Ethan (Eitan): Strong, firm, impetuous
Evan (form of John): God is gracious
Nathan (Natan): God has given
Noah : Rest, comfort
Elijah (Eliyahu): My God is the Lord
Isaiah (Shia): God is salvation
Isaac (Yitzchak):He will laugh
Gabriel (Gavriel): God is my might--> boys and girls name

names having meaning:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
More hebrew name fun =)

Genealogy of Gen 5... =)
Adam ( Man)
Seth ( Apointed)
Enosh ( Mortal)
Kenan (Sorrow)
Mahalalel ( the blessed God)
Iared ( Shall come down)
Enoch ( Teaching)
Methusalah (His Death Shall bring)
Lamech ( The desaparing)
Noah (Comfort Rest)

In 6 days???? erev & boker
evening and the morning??? huh.. that's only 12 hours... erev and boker didn't originally mean evening and day, originally the word erev meant indistinguishable, on-organized or distant or fuzzy... chaos...what we could see as twilight... Boker was its opposite.. becoming clear, organized, discernible...a clear image order... what we have is 6 steps of making order from chaos... and on the 7th day he rested.. in the hebrew text it doesn't say there was any erev and boker.... =) soo.. six days.. or six steps.......
You are made in Gods "shadow" not image... and since u particle physicist persons have figured out that everything is mostly empty space.. maybe that seems a lil more correct... =)

I am half tempted to place a complete fully corrected translation of the first 9 chapters of genesis on here..

anyone wanna know what the genealogy of Cain says =) ...?
edit on 15-12-2011 by ntzeret because: quick fix

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ntzeret

good post and "anyone wanna know what the genealogy of Cain says =) ...?" well,yea ....peace

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The genealogy of Cain tells a story too? Yes, I want to hear it! Say on!!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Here are some names that have biblical meaning:

Joshua (Yehoshua): God rescues
Jacob (form of Jacobus): Supplanter, held by the heel
Ethan (Eitan): Strong, firm, impetuous
Evan (form of John): God is gracious
Nathan (Natan): God has given
Noah : Rest, comfort
Elijah (Eliyahu): My God is the Lord
Isaiah (Shia): God is salvation
Isaac (Yitzchak):He will laugh
Gabriel (Gavriel): God is my might--> boys and girls name

names having meaning:

In those days, names that were given to babies were thought to determine how their lives would be. What I have found interesting was in the blessings of Jacob on his sons, and at his death, the various blessings and some cursings.

Reuben : Son of my strength
Simeon : God has heard
Levi : Joining
Judah : To praise
Dan : Judged
Naphtali: my struggle
Gad : troop, company
Asher : happy
Issachar: reward, recompense
Zebulon : gifts, honor
Joseph : God shall add
Benjamin : Son of my right hand.

Twelve Sons of Jacob

In Christian thought, it has been noted that the meanings of the names of the twelve sons prefigure Jesus Christ—son of God, Who has heard the cries of man, seeks to facilitate a joining of man and God, is worthy of praise, is the righteous Judge of the world, assists man in the struggle against sin, can call a troop or company of angels, is the Source of happiness (for without Him no man can be content, while with Him any man can be content), will reward us for our service (though His salvation is a free gift), shall add to our joys, and sits at the right hand of the Father.

Other things I find interesting is this...there are 9 gifts of the spirit, number 3 being faith, and the third son is Levi, which means joining and is the father of the class of priests. We have joined ourselves to the High Priest Jesus through faith.

Another interesting thing is that of all the planets, we live on number three...three being the number of faith, and the just shall live by faith, and by faith we know He made the worlds. There is no random reason for why we are on the third planet.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I hear you on the content part, he's made me content. All of what you posted is true.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

... This gets into a odd area... Were Cain an Abel half brothers.? I say that cuz eve ate two apples... one with the "serpent" first, and then had to hurry up real quick and then told Adam about this new neat thing she learned how to do... or eat ...
Cain ( strike out to posses, or spear)
Enoch (teaching, disciplined)
Irad ( fugitive)
Mejujael ( smitten of God)
Methusel ( Who is of God, or maybe became of god... it seams like he had been forgiven) and was afraid of going IN the earth...
Lamech (sorrow... cursed??)
Jubal ?? water course
Tubal Cain ??? plowing out of ground, using the soil??) I leave these last too in ??? cuz there at discord with what I'm about to state next.. but it seams like Cain Named His kids.. or at least the kids are named in reaction to his crime against Abel.. which is still kinda neat... but back to them being Half brothers... this actually has some stuff to do with the concept of the tare in the wheat.. The sons of God mated with the daughters of men and the offspring was the nephilim... are they the same as the Ghibor.. and Is it possible that Lucifer seduced eve.. which is why the text states that from after the apple incidents..... her desires will be towards Adam...? hmmmm

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

=) Yes the word was meant to reflect their character.. or how they ended up later which is why sometime u see names being changed or altered.. the breath..was the physical aspect of the name.. and the way they acted was a real tangible aspect... the breath and the name was similar in concept...

So... lets replace the word character in a few places where we see the word name..

Though shall not take my name in vain??? or .. though shalt not use my character in vain.. that's kinda wordy but . u could say.. that since they were going to be the representatives of GoD on earth... within the first commandment stating not to claim to be representatives of "GoD"... but do in your life the things that God would never do... makes a little bit more sense... now I'm not saying its OK to now start swearing and just saying his name alot more either.. it
I think It could resemble that U have to walk all the talk... or sumthin to that effect...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntzeret

... This gets into a odd area... Were Cain an Abel half brothers.? I say that cuz eve ate two apples... one with the "serpent" first, and then had to hurry up real quick and then told Adam about this new neat thing she learned how to do... or eat ...
Cain ( strike out to posses, or spear)
Enoch (teaching, disciplined)
Irad ( fugitive)
Mejujael ( smitten of God)
Methusel ( Who is of God, or maybe became of god... it seams like he had been forgiven) and was afraid of going IN the earth...
Lamech (sorrow... cursed??)
Jubal ?? water course
Tubal Cain ??? plowing out of ground, using the soil??) I leave these last too in ??? cuz there at discord with what I'm about to state next.. but it seams like Cain Named His kids.. or at least the kids are named in reaction to his crime against Abel.. which is still kinda neat... but back to them being Half brothers... this actually has some stuff to do with the concept of the tare in the wheat.. The sons of God mated with the daughters of men and the offspring was the nephilim... are they the same as the Ghibor.. and Is it possible that Lucifer seduced eve.. which is why the text states that from after the apple incidents..... her desires will be towards Adam...? hmmmm

The serpent seed doctrine is not true. If you read the Bible, it plainly states that Adam knew Eve in the garden but she had not conceived and in fact, it states that after they were put out of the garden that God gave Eve the first curse and promise, that she would conceive. She had not conceived in the garden and nothing in the rest of the Bible even supports serpent seed.

When they are out of the garden, then she conceives by Adam and when she has Cain, she says "I have gotten a man from the Lord". There simply is nothing in the Bible that supports serpent seed. The fruit of the tree was not sexual, but the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and God says they must be put out because "man would be like God" and nothing in the Bible supports a sexual aspect of God. He does not procreate and Jesus even says no one in heaven will be given or taken in marriage, because they will be like the angels. Serpent seed is not Biblical.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yes, seedline theology is very dangerous, and not at all Biblical.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Yes, seedline theology is very dangerous, and not at all Biblical.

Alot of muslims subscribe to seed theology, saying that Eve slept with Lucifer and that Cain was his son. First time i heard that i knew it was a load of crap.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
??? I have only recently heard of what Is now called Seedline Theology.. For one.. I am trying to understand Its implications and am not suggesting its true.. I have found a correlation.. Most of the people that suspect that the Bene Elohim of Gen 6 mating with the daughters of men.. are the "Fallen Angels" and Human girls and not the Sethite men and daughters of Cain.. buy into seedline theory.. I think it and the ""Alien" Abduction" cases have alot to relate to this and other things...These Beings Have physical Bodies... Did not Jesus call the Pharisees Sons of their father the Devil??..... We have a mix up of whenever we read the word LORD or GOD we assume it talkin about the head honcho... but .... the word Elohim is more of a title and not a name... we call it to mean GoD generically.. but the word itself says POWERS.... as in an authority or maybe like a General or CEO of an operation... Most people seem to forget that in the Sitchen type circles.. the Anunaki are reptilian too... .. but don't worry.. Im not gonna re-hash sitchen errors...
One God Likes yummy meaty sacrifices and hates veggies... And we also have to remember Lucifer.. is still The "prince of the Air"... as he is still in charge of something and we as Christians have to remember we are basically stating when we follow Jesus.. we are Not "obeying" ( for a lack of a better word).. The devil, who is in charge here for the time being until Christ comes back to take over...

you could say when We read in Jude and the Book of Enoch about the fallen angels leaving thier estate.. "oikitarion" in the greek.. a word for body or container...So I will ask you guys here.. cuz I find this interesting to what Serpent-seed implies It relates to Hollow Earth Theories.. for Cain was afraid to Go "IN" the Earth..were Adam and Eve were apparently booted from.. The Mark.. But the letter also resembled what we consider a cross... so .. was it used to forgive him.. like we see it done today.. or was the mark Giant-ism??.. The Aryan Race that the Germans found in Antarctica were descendants of Cain??? All the So Called Aliens are in fact a Group of Humans that have been Separated from Us and went of and did their own thing for a long time with out the impedance of us top dwellers....... And Alot of other.. ODD things.. So, I will be back with a proper rebuttal with proper documentation.. But.. this is also getting off the topic of the OP.. so Sorry... maybe i can put this in another post...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

.she has Cain, she says "I have gotten a man from the Lord". There simply is nothing in the Bible that supports serpent seed.

Exactly.. She has gotten a man from the who??? LORD.. well I say which Lord... is it that she is referring to the incident... .. Im sorry Adam this one ain't your baby?????? ?? when we read these things we forget that time elapses from dates such as ...intercourse.. conception pregnancy.. delivery... she may as well had the incident in the garden.. might not of noticed she was prego till after they were booted... and then delivered the baby... also.. the curse of the woman and the curse of the serpent implies two seed.. the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent... This does seem to have some Biblical interpretations so don't dismiss it just yet... =) bbl =)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

.she has Cain, she says "I have gotten a man from the Lord". There simply is nothing in the Bible that supports serpent seed.

Exactly.. She has gotten a man from the who??? LORD.. well I say which Lord... is it that she is referring to the incident... .. Im sorry Adam this one ain't your baby?????? ?? when we read these things we forget that time elapses from dates such as ...intercourse.. conception pregnancy.. delivery... she may as well had the incident in the garden.. might not of noticed she was prego till after they were booted... and then delivered the baby... also.. the curse of the woman and the curse of the serpent implies two seed.. the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent... This does seem to have some Biblical interpretations so don't dismiss it just yet... =) bbl =)

The Bible states and I will post it just so you can see....

Genesis 3:1

1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

This establishes who the LORD is and that is Adonai. When she says LORD she refers to Adonai very explicitly.

16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Up to that point, there was no sorrow or conception.

23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Here is the point they are removed from the garden.

Genesis 4 now picks up

1And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. 3And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.

She conceived after being removed from the garden and Adam is the father.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
In Revelation 7, we are given a list of 12 tribes of Israel, referring to the 144,000 that are sealed.
This list is unique, not only because of the order it is in, but also due to the tribe of Dan and Ephraim being omitted while Joseph and Levi are included.

When you examine the name meanings, a story unfolds...

Judah: I will praise the Lord
Reuben: He has looked on me
Gad: Given good fortune
Asher: Happy am I
Naphtali: My wrestling
Manasseh: Making me to forget
Simeon: God hears me
Levi: Joined to me
Issachar: Purchased me
Zebulun: Dwelling
Joseph: Will add to me
Benjamin: Son of His right hand

I will praise the Lord for he has looked on me and granted good fortune. I am happy because my wrestling, God is making me to forget. God hears me and is joined to me. He has purchased me a dwelling and will add to me, the Son of His right hand.

top topics

join