It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Shocker

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by MegaMind

There is enough oil in the Gulf, Alaska, Canada and North Dakota for this country to be less dependent on what the Middle East provides.

Those are your own words ...

Iran holds the worlds largest oil supply? Then may I suppose Iran's oil belongs to Iran?

If we could be less dependent then we should ...

Just remember when all hell breaks lose throughout the world that you supported the war mongers with your votes ...
edit on 16-12-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yes. Iran's oil is Irans. Very good thinking on your part

But OPEC, (ever heard of them) is in the region of IRAN. They include most of the worlds current output and resource for oil. Are you starting to see the connection?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

You are a troll, not a real person. Israel is very capable of defending themselves, no one voted the US to be the protector of the world, and guess what, no one wants it to be.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The way I see it:

It doesn't matter who is elected to POTUS. It's a figurehead position.

At some point between election year November and first day of office there is a briefing that starts with the words, "Son, this is how it works..."

If RP is elected he'll have a choice to make and I'm guessing it won't be much of a choice.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

What would you have us believe? That Paul has spent 30 years fooling us and is really part of the establishment/NWO elite in some elaborate scheme to re-elect Obama? What do they need Paul for? They have been getting their man in just fine for the past 30 years or more!

I would not have you believe anything. I just think it pays to consider all possibilities.

I don't know. Something just doesn't add up. As you say, they own the field, the team, the PA system and the game. And what's more, they make all the rules. It just doesn't make any sense they'd even let RP play unless they wanted him there for some reason. I mean, think of all the brilliant libertarians who are undoubtedly out there who could play this game better than Ron Paul. I know some people love the guy but face it. He's an old man and he's just not smart enough to beat these people at their own game. Why is Ron Paul the best we can do for a strong Libertarian candidate?

I'd love to just take everything at face value. Maybe I'm just too paranoid for my own good.

Would you have me believe that the establishment republicans are actually different from the establishment democrats? How absurd!

No. Not at all. I think you've got me wrong here. I think they are exactly the same. But we are in an extreme minority. Most people believe Democrats and Republicans are different and therefore, whoever is "elected" has to at least pretend they are representing those who elected them. And of course, if a Republican wins, the entire Democratic base will automatically turn against him/her simply because they're a Republican. It's easier for them to push the agenda they're pushing posing as Democrats. The liberal base would never harass a Democrat the way they harassed Bush.

I'm saying they all want Obama to win. Ron Paul will draw a certain amount of the conservative vote but he'll never get it all because let's face it, he comes across a little kooky. I'm thinking he will cause just enough division to allow Obama to win. Rigging elections is dangerous business. It's a lot easier if they don't have to do anything overt.

What difference do you think it will make if we have Romney, Newt or Obama.

Policy wise? None (Well, very little). But as I said before, the liberal base sleeps as long as there's a Democratic president. If a Republican wins, they come back to life and start protesting again. It's all about how it looks. They're all the same but a Republican can't get elected by being a gun grabber and a Democrat can't be anti-abortion, for example. I guess I shouldn't speak in absolutes. I won't say it couldn't be done but it would be an uphill battle and that's not how they like to operate. Why fight an uphill battle if you don't have to?

With any of these guys the march toward the end of America will continue unabated.

Unfortunately, my friend, I think that's inevitable now. You may be incredulous to it but I think they set that ball rolling before most of us were born. I do think they planned it to the smallest detail to which it's possible to plan future events. Look at the engine in your car. Look at your computer motherboard. That's engineering at work. Maybe it's cynical but I don't think all engineers are nice guys.

I'll take my chances with Paul being the real deal instead of worrying (without evidence BTW) that he is part of the establishment.

I have been (reluctantly) forced to the same conclusion but I just can't help but wonder what he's doing there if he isn't. You sound like a smart guy to me so you should know these people don't let things get out of control in a critical area like this no matter what. I don't know if I think he's actually part of it. It could be that they're just using him. I really don't know. Something just doesn't smell right.

Or maybe they're just building him up so they can tear him down at the last minute.

We KNOW the other guys are part of the establishment.

Come on people .... Think!

Of course they are.

But I also know these people are diabolically smart and they don't do anything spontaneously.

edit on 17-12-2011 by BrianFlanders because: I'm a lousy writer

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm curious to see Ron Paul move on into presidency. By staying out of foreign affairs I'm assuming he'll fight to use our own natural resources rather than the middle east. That would send our market upward and create loads of jobs. As much as I feel That Obamas second term will be a lot better than his first, I would be very excited to see the debates on morality and integrity as opposed to this or that healthcare which i can never seem to understand.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What would you have us believe? That Paul has spent 30 years fooling us and is really part of the establishment/NWO elite in some elaborate scheme to re-elect Obama? What do they need Paul for? They have been getting their man in just fine for the past 30 years or more!

I agree....this "Ron Paul is a plant" stuff is a joke. I guess logic isn't factored in when such ideas are presented.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Look. I understand where you guys are coming from and I know I'm nobody around here and you have no reason to consider what I say.

I'm just trying to get people to look at things a little more realistically. I honestly have no idea if Ron Paul is for real or not. I'd really like to think he is. But the fact is that we're really screwed in this country. I don't think it does anyone any good to pretend this guy is going to win and turn everything around. Whether or not RP is the real deal, TPTB obviously have their tentacles in deep and are not going to play fair by a long shot.

I guess it's good to hope. Ron Paul has my support. I just can't delude myself into believing that will be enough. We have lost most of our rights and I don't think we're going to get them back. I think it's going to get worse. A lot worse. This place is supposed to be about facing facts. Or at least that's what I thought. I hope RP wins and I hope he is for real. But if he doesn't and/or he isn't, I think it's going to be just about hopeless.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the man if you agree check this out;

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join