It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 20% of women in the US are raped, study reveals

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
These individuals are mentally ill, defective breeding animals, castrate them.

Stop parading your ignorance. I've suffered with debilitating mental illness of one sort or another since childhood, but I am not capable of rape. The types of people who committ these acts are evil. Mental illness is hardly a prerequisite for this type of evil.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

As opposed to the ten times as many that should be in prison and are not?

I am not ok with innocent people being thrown in prison, but I am REALLY not ok with the devaluing of millions of women who are assaulted and can't report it because being accused by people like you who are claiming they are false allegations, because you know of ONE person who supposedly was wrongly accused. Which makes you no better then the false accuser.

edit on 15-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240
There would be no need to force yourself on someone, ]

:shk: Dude .. there is never a 'need' to force yourself on anyone no matter if prostitution is legal or not.
I happen to believe prostitution should be legal ...but that is IRRELEVANT.
You are saying that there has to be an outlet for male sexual aggression or something?
They are too animalistic and their animal urges over-ride their brains ?
They can't help themselves so legalize prostitution so they'll have an outlet for their violence?
Not buying it.

Originally posted by coyote76
If your married its not rape unless theres a fair amount of blood.

No means no.
A marriage liscense is NOT a free-pass for violence against women.
Although in many cultures it seems to be ... but it shouldn't be. It's wrong.
Not buying it.

Originally posted by mkgandhas
Not a surprise.American society is based on genocide and violence.

So it's all America's fault? Nevermind that women are sexually abused in Asian and Muslim countries and that it's supposedly the mans right to do so there ... and it's covered up and the women are blamed .... what about those places? NOT buying it.

If you american women don't like the american system ,then you can choose the true conservative christian or sharia system.But you don't like it too.Everything has its pros and cons.Massive crime and Rape levels is a con and byproduct of the violence of the american system. of lawyers.

So women get raped because they aren't conservative Christians or because they aren't in a Sharia system? That's insane. Christian women get raped. Muslim women get raped. Buddhist women get raped. Amish women get raped. I'm not buying it.

thats the fallout of the american system.Atleast in conservative or even stalinist societies such nonsense is not tolerated.If you want everything like spoilt brats you will have consequences.

rape happens in 'conservative' religions like Islamic countries. Only there - the men say it's their right and so the women who are raped keep their mouths closed. In those countries it's 'blame the victim' and let the man go free. Women get beaten and whipped and killed ... because they dared to be raped.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I dont recall ever making that accusation.

How can I have any opinion of whether or not anyone is being truthful without a thorough and complete investigation?

Would I because of one case of which I am familiar immediately jump down every womans throat and call them a liar?

Is that what you derived from my posts?

I have no right to form any opinion of anybodys personal claims or experiences until exhaustive inquiries have been made and even them I am not that person and will never know the absolute truth.

Amazing what you've pieced together from some posts.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'd like to apologize for my horrible typing above, it's a bit of an emotional issue for me as her Mother.

I was a bit descriptive because I do want people to know just how damaging it can be.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Not all mentally ill are rapists, but rapists are indeed mentally ill.

While some forms of "evil" (abuse of the term mainly) can be chalked up to differences in moral values and cultural norms, the physical application of brutal violence through a sexual act is a serious break between mentally normal and mentally abnormal. It takes a sociopath who cares not for other people and or lacks any form of empathy.

While there are certainly rapists out there who do not fit a medical or legal definition of "mentally ill" the ability to preform such an act requires the perpetrator to "not be right in the head".

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adamanteus
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm with You getreadyalready, while I cannot say I don't know a single woman that hasn't been sexually assaulted/raped I can safely say that 85-90% of the women I know have been.

Ya, I threw in the "women my age" part, because my Mom and her sisters would never talk openly about a thing like this. I have no reason to think my Mom was ever assaulted, but I know one of her sisters was. The women my age will talk about it pretty openly, and most of them have multiple accounts of things happening. Including my wife, and a couple of things I've only just learned in the past month or so after being married 6 years. I think it is all too common of an occurence.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

But you did....

People cut themselves all the time for attention. Why not cry "wolf" for it? Everybody loves pity and the media turns victims into heroes everyday.

you said everybody, you didn't say, the one person I witnessed who made a bogus claim.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Same with myself and most of my friends.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Referring to rapists as mentally ill is no less absurd than referring to murderers as factory workers--just because a factory worker happened to kill someone. If not all people with mental illness are rapists then don't use the term generically; this isn't--or at least shouldn't be--a difficult concept to grasp.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Everybody does love pity.

How does that equate to "everybody lies about rape?"

Im beginning to think you're quite insane.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
I'd like to apologize for my horrible typing above, it's a bit of an emotional issue for me as her Mother.

I was a bit descriptive because I do want people to know just how damaging it can be.

No problem. My daughter was also molested by the ex-boyfriend (fortunately it didn't go beyond him sticking his hand up her shirt while she was sleeping). I did take immediate action in extricating him from our life. It was actually after that - - that he raped me.

I understand a mother's emotions in protecting their child.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Adamanteus

I'm with You getreadyalready, while I cannot say I don't know a single woman that hasn't been sexually assaulted/raped I can safely say that 85-90% of the women I know have been.

Ya, I threw in the "women my age" part, because my Mom and her sisters would never talk openly about a thing like this. I have no reason to think my Mom was ever assaulted, but I know one of her sisters was. The women my age will talk about it pretty openly, and most of them have multiple accounts of things happening. Including my wife, and a couple of things I've only just learned in the past month or so after being married 6 years. I think it is all too common of an occurence.

The older women are more likely to have been victims than the younger ones. I've walked in on conversations before and talked to friends that have done so also. It seems back in the day it just wasn't talked about (even though everyone knew) for fear of bringing shame to the family etc...

I fully believe at this point in time 50%(or greater) of women have suffered sexual assault/rape. In 20 years or so as the older women of our society pass on that percentage may drastically drop but I believe the OP's claim of 20-25% will remain valid for years to come.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
reply to post by eNumbra

Referring to rapists as mentally ill is no less absurd than referring to murderers as factory workers--just because a factory worker happened to kill someone. If not all people with mental illness are rapists then don't use the term generically; this isn't--or at least shouldn't be--a difficult concept to grasp.

Your righteous anger is insanely backwards.

Referring to rapists as mentally ill does no harm to the mentally ill, the only people who don't realize there are various types of mental affliction suffer from the worst of mental diseases: ignorance. And you really shouldn't let opinions of ignorance bother you.

Nobody thinks the mentally ill are rapists but your analogy is well off base as is your distaste for the truth about rapists.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh that's bad I"m so sorry. I got swords ...no guns but a sword ;P Ill lend you one

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I think it is all too common of an occurrence.

Oh yeah! I've been pulled into closets at work etc. Fortunately - they all took NO for an answer.

I know many men think the sexual discrimination laws are over-the-top - - - - but I know from first hand experience - - - - they are not. Like any law - they can be abused - - - but they are definitely needed in the work place.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Not all mentally ill are rapists, but rapists are indeed mentally ill.

Not according to the DSM-IV Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders .
it's the psychology bible.
Facts and Myth about Rape

MYTH: Rape is caused by the rapist's uncontrollable sexual urge

FACT: Rapes are often planned or carried out by strangers and acquaintances as the opportunity is presented. Rape can be an act of power and control. The rapist's goal is to disregard the victim and completely take away the victims personal power.

MYTH: Rapists are mentally ill or psychotic and cannot help themselves

FACT: Very few rapists are mentally incompetent and/or out of touch with reality. Most rapes are planned.

Psychology Today - Does committing a rape mean you are mentally ill

DSM-V is considering putting rapists under 'mentally ill' ...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

I don't believe the percentage is dropping at all. I think it is going up, but less are being reported, and in fact less women even realize they are being raped. It has become socially acceptable and even comical to pass out at a party and wake up without your clothes on. The guys are even more bold about it, and they don't even mind filming, taking pictures, and bragging about it.

I know a girl that was forcibly penetrated during a class in high school. She tried to make the guy stop, but he grabbed her so hard that it bruised her, he covered her mouth, and he molested her body right in the middle of a classroom with people all around. She left crying and told the authorities, and he was suspended a week, and eventually criminal charges were brought, but imagine the horror of being violated right in the middle of a classroom and group of people and not being able to stop it? Imagine the nerve of that guy thinking he would get away with it?

I'm afraid the numbers are going up and up and up, and the amount of reports are going down and down and down as we become desensitized to this sort of thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
For those of you who wish for Castration:

Scenario 1 (Really happened):
A woman is upset with an ex, and wants revenge, so she files a rape claim on the guy. Even though there is zero evidence against the guy, her story seemed so real that the jury felt sympathy for her and he was sentenced to 3 years in jail.

After about 6 months, it was discovered through text messages that she did make it up, and the accused repeals the sentence. The new trial doesn't happen for another month, and the trial it'self was about 2 weeks long, until she finally broke down and admitted the lie.

So roughly 7 months in jail for a rape allegation, that never really happened.

She did get 1 month in jail for lying to the courts though and a class D felony. But this guy will forever have his dignity and reputation questioned.

Also, he is still on the sex offenders list because of this, because the courts are taking their sweet time filing the correct paperwork required to get him off of the list.

So, let me ask you, what if they had castrated him? like you all want, would that be just?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join