It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they serious? BP Awarded $27 Million in Leases for Gulf Oil!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
What the hell? Thanks much, congress and the Obama administration...I'm sure BP is gonna give you lots of money in political contributions for backstabbing of the American people.

BP Awarded $27 Million in Leases for Gulf Oil, Gas Exploration

BP is officially getting back into deep water exploration in the Gulf of Mexico, the Interior Department announced on Wednesday.

The British energy giant, responsible for the biggest offshore oil spill in U.S. history last year in the Gulf, won $27 million worth of leases to conduct new oil-and-gas exploration in the Gulf. The awards from the Interior Department came in the first Gulf lease sale since the BP spill last year, with all winning bids bringing $337.6 million into government coffers.

Bunch of sickos. BP should have been BANNED from ever conducting business in the US again after what they did... but NOOOOOOOOO.... let's give them more contracts!

I mean look at this crap :

“The question is, do you administer the administrative death penalty based on one incident?," Bromwich told reporters. “And we've concluded, I’ve concluded, that's not appropriate in these circumstances."

Yeah just ONE incident... let's forget about how GRAVE the ``incident`` was... it's trivial right?

edit on 15-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I wonder if Bromwich's statement will be used by lawyers to defend their clients:" Your Honor! My client only killed 27 persons once! Let's forgive it and give him a police badge!"?

Money DOES open every doors... How sad and stupid...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

As opposed to the practices of other Oil companies?

Whatever there is to say about BP, at least they took 'ownership' of the issue, far more than other companies have done in similar situations.

How about Halliburton and Transocean? Chevron? Exxon?

Or are they just exempt from criticism?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

They were given permission to start drilling again this past April, and it became a news item again in mid to late October, I guess this is the final nail in the coffin. This is pretty much a done deal now.

You gotta love how they systematically do these things so by the time it actually officially happens people are desensitized and don't care anymore.

Americans are too worried about the election

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

When at first you don't succeed,try,try again.
They ,BP,didn't finish their job of poisoning the
gulf.They,BP,will be given another chance to do
so.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Holy crap! Where's the lone gunman when you need one
I hope this doesn't go over smoothly. What's wrong with those people? Yeah I know. Money talks.....
edit on 15-12-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It is the government of the US you should hold to account, not BP. It is your government that issued the permits whilst being fully aware of the risks and maybe if the government put restrictions on engine sizes in the US there would be less need to take such risks obtainng oil.
In the vast scheme of things the oil spill in the US was not that great, there have been far more damaging ones ... So please stop winging because this one is in your backyard...

new topics

top topics

join