It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I don't agree with some of Ron Paul's ideas but this is why I'm voting for him"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
One of the BEST articles I have read about the man YET.

The author goes right in talking about how he was pro Huntsman and why. He then talks about why he dislikes Ron Paul; talks about how he's more for Obama.
And then you get to reading more and you see how the author, though not agreeing with some of Ron's ideas and ideals - and he makes good reason as to why he does not - goes on to say why Ron has his vote in the end and why others should think about going Ron Paul '12 also.

I have to say that after studying Ron since before 08, I have to fully agree with this article and also add that I think the ideas that this particular author has regarding the things he does NOT like about Ron are main ones most folk DO have - but I also think they couldn't come to fruition right away any way, so those really shouldn't be the 'vote swaying' ideas. As the article says, it'd realistically take a full term to two terms to pull it off if we didn't want to fall hard and hurt for a long time. BUT the reasons the author would vote for Ron are the things which Ron can put into motion fast and highly benefit the USA with almost immediately. Those ARE the reasons to vote the man in to office.

I'll let you all read the article and go from there.

andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am in agreement with many of the good doctor's stances, but can't vote for him.
He is:
Anti-minimum wage
Anti-collective barganing
Pro-corporate to the point of supporting the return of monopolies
Sure, he wants to return things to local control, but look around you, what huge bank or business owns and controls your local politics? What millionaire or billionaire? Ron Paul is just more of the same and will never be elected. Hell, he's been in congress 30+ years and how many of his bills has he passed? Now, imagine Dr. No at the helm. He can't compromise. Therefore, the first budget that would come to his desk would lead to the shutdown of the government. And since he would abolish taxes, they wouldn't have any money for anything anyway. But why fret about it...let's just sit back and wait for the men behind the curtain to pick our next leader.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Sadly, it is true.
They already have the next president chosen. He was chosen before we even knew who all was running. It's a disgusting shame. And the two ''main guys'' terrify me far more than the past 5 Presidents, Osama, Saddam and worse people COMBINED.

We're so doomed it's ridiculous.

Well i heard Norway is having a massive butter crisis that has the Country up in arms, freaking out. Must be nice to just have that to worry about. I may move there xD

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

In Norway, they at least.have health care...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The aspect I am at complete odds with re. the Libertarian mindset, is their trust in business to do the right thing. For example, these big factory farms where rife animal cruelty occurrs, are run by soulless greedy zombie psychopath kooks who are constantly trying to hide their hygenic violations (ecoli, dead animals and birds) while they heavily pollute the water, land, and air around them.
They can NEVER be trusted to do the right thing, they need to be regulated so tightly, it squeezes them dead.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The last sentence of that article made my day. Really, if you haven't read it yet, go there now and scroll down to the bottom.

Good article, I can see where he is coming from, but I personally agree with Paul on almost all issues. None the less the author seems to be a sane man.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
The aspect I am at complete odds with re. the Libertarian mindset, is their trust in business to do the right thing. For example, these big factory farms where rife animal cruelty occurrs, are run by soulless greedy zombie psychopath kooks who are constantly trying to hide their hygenic violations (ecoli, dead animals and birds) while they heavily pollute the water, land, and air around them.
They can NEVER be trusted to do the right thing, they need to be regulated so tightly, it squeezes them dead.

Paul would probably tell you something like animal rights should be handled by the states. He is libertarian, but not anarchist.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well I know that Paul is bright, consistent, has abundent natural common sense, apparently incorruptible, and is not a psychopath, per his disdain for senseless 'wars'.

So I trust, that from there, goodness can spread throughout the land.

new topics

top topics

join