It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Five Regrets of the Dying

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

This is all wrong.

The top regret of the dying is ‘I wish I had had more sex with hotter people.’

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

What an Amazing and truly outstanding read, Each of the 5 points seem too close to home for me

your thread has made me ponder my life. Hmm i thank you for making me realise something....i Need to tell my mom i love her...

Thankyou

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wow, very thought provoking. These are things I have pondered, but as it stated, we get in ruts, priorities change.
Thanks for making me (many of us?) think. What a heart wrenching but valuable learning experience it must be to be there during a persons last few weeks of life. I believe things would be drastically different on this planet if we all had that experience at least once.
S&F

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this, it was a real eye opener. I'm just thankful that i'm young enough to learn from this and hopefully not have any of these regrets in my future.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for the info, interesting.

My own personal "wake up" in life was when, after recovering from surgery, the Dr. told me "Good news, its not cancer. OK, remove some stress from your life, and do it NOW"

I went to my 60-70hr per week job, and told them goodbye.
Cashed out my 401K
Went home to the abusive relationship I was in and said "good by....your leaving now"

Went to the local Harley dealer and said "yea....that one right there"

12,000 miles later, I had sorted a lot of things out.

another good quote "Life is not so much about the number of breaths that you take, but about those moments that take your breath away." (author unknown)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Now I had one regret less. I sent a message to one of my past friends, telling him he has been one of the most important people I ever met. I told him he was part of " my old good times " and he was like a real brother.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
After having died once ( and thinking about it before then from time to time) I can say that really, my only regret will be that I did not live long enough to see the world turn out the way I would like it to. I would love to see other solar systems and what amounts to sci-fi tech now become reality. I try to live a life without doing things that I will regret later on although I have made some bad decisions I have made my peace with them. I often times feel I was born woefully early, or extremely late as I have an obsession with things from the ancient past or distant future.

Just my 2 pence worth

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
As we're either nearing or are upon christmas, I'm sure we all recognize the nostalgic sentiments involved with the tradition. We make a point of appreciating both the living and the deceased of our loved ones. But we should not forget ourselves, and we should realize that we, or our existence, matter to someone else. Don't forget that someone is lucky to have you in their life.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

This thread gives a lot to think about. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This thread is amazing contribution- Thank you!

I would love to hear more -like maybe the top 10-15 regrets. It has made me realize that in the end the most important thing I have are my relationships and connections with others, and being really honest with myself.
How really sad for those who think of themselves as nothing more than bacteria on a rock in Mexico.
Thanks again for the post, I think you have helped many people re-think some things......

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Thank you for posting these. I think I will try to live by these until my time is over.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Star and Flag.

That's an excellent list.

Something worth keeping for posterity.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I loved that thread. It reminded me to live my life in a way that makes me feel better, although there will always be something that one wants.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by Droogie

This is all wrong.

The top regret of the dying is ‘I wish I had had more sex with hotter people.’

If you die at age 15, that is probably correct. I'm only 38, but at this point I've had all the hot sex with hot people that I can imagine, and now it rarely interests me unless there is some kind of special angle, nuance, or twist to it that I haven't tried before. I still have plenty of healthy sex with my wife, and occasionally others, but I'm not real excited about it unless someone with a HUGE imagination comes up with something I've never even thought of.

The top regret of the dying is always more time with loved ones. All those others kind of get back to that. More time with kids, more time with wives, mothers, fathers, siblings. More time learning, evolving, experiencing life. More time actually "getting it" instead of just trudging through the rat race.

In fact, for people like me, that had wasted a lot of time chasing or having sex, it is probably a regret that we gave it so much emphasis when we could have been going more productive things with people we cared more about.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join