It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, where are you heading?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Within days after my article on due process and presumption of innocence, the U.S. Senate voted to empower the U.S. military to apprehend and detain indefinitely anyone in America, based on the whim of the soldier or military commander, and it will probably eventually include any armed agent of government including local police. As Jacob Hornberger noted, this new provision will codify the U.S. as just another one of many dictatorships throughout world history....

As someone who does not live in America nor has any connections to America, while doing my daily browsing on Market Oracle, I found this piece a very interesting read, if I lived in America I would be very worried. It reminded me when I was reading about places like Detroit, that are in such a state of decay and degredation, as well as financial ruin, that part of the city is left without any public service whatsoever!

Now most of this article is fairly common knowledge, but what hit me with this article is the real feeling that may be America truly is on the edge of catastrophe. There are some on ATS that would welcome such a downfall, but I really don't think many on here are aware of the implications of such wide spread civil unrest upon the average person in America, let alone impact on global economy. This will result in a death toll that I could not even begin to predict, a collapse in public services, a collapse in the mass availability of food, total chaos. Now, may be America will simply walk blindly in to this approaching Police State with very little resistence, could this be the better of two evils or is this a scenerio that actually TPTB do not want? Do they actually want America to burn in part at least, so that the excuse to immediately install total control over every aspect of life is met with little resistence?

I would like to hear from Americans here on this board about just how bad it is where you are. What do you see with your own eyes, not reports you have heard about as this can create a false impression, but what are your experiences on life in America at present and also your thoughts on the actual article. I would like to see whether America is actually heading in to a very dire situation, or is it just propaganda to keep you all in fear.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
We're gonna ride this B**** till the wheels pop off.
Then we're gonna put a new set of tires on, and ride it again.
Yeehaw!

"Better to burn out, than to faaaade awaayy."
edit on 15-12-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I will post a serious reply.

In my town and area the police have always been more than willing to abuse power in a "good ole boy" sorta way, but they very much support the federal government, especially in the last few years. I live in California, and the local police bust people with medical prescriptions for MJ all the time, ignoring State Laws and supporting the Federal ones. So here it's been like this for years now.

We're a rural county, used to be mainly hicks but lots of people moved into this area, including a lot of retiree's from various 3 letter agencies. They get on well with the city council and mayor who worship the sheriff who loves the Feds. Just like that.

I know many people from different areas around the country. Most of them have noticed a shift in police mentality in the last decade, often severely. It's already been happening for years, this planned takeover of the USA. It's just finally coming to fruition.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Just to straight away answer OPs headlining question.

Partner
If you can't see that by now ? It isn't going to do any good to tell you.

Decent thread

SnF

edit on 15-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The article is a load of crap in my eyes.It provides no proof of anything(like most ats threads bashing america,it's all rumors not backed up). For christ's sake the article is talking about # that happened in1953.Get the eff over it.Just because something happened then does NOT mean it occurs today,contrary to what most of what ATS believes.Also,I made up my mind when I read this :

"Our own FBI has been approaching young impressionable Muslim males who had no previous indications of terrorism and usually no prior criminal record, and intentionally motivating them with anti-American rhetoric, getting them emotionally worked up in the name of Islam, providing them with plans, materials, and helping them to set up their "homemade bombs," etc. to hurt others. In other words, these young Muslims would not have been involving themselves in all this had these FBI provocateurs not approached them in the first place"

Yeah,okay.Where's the proof? Let's reverse it.Let's say the FBI(or,even better,a foreign government) approached me and was feeding me anti-muslim bs.I decide to bomb a mosque.Yeah,not my fault,they made me do it,because I wouldn't have thought about doing that if they hadn't told me .Sorry,dude's passing the blame off on someone else,instead of holding people responsible for their own actions.Give me a #ing break.

To put it simply,it's propaganda.Sorry but from where I'm sitting my life is just fine.And I'm actually getting quite sick of reading about 'oh,america is falling apart! OH! America's government is the only corrupt one in the world!LOOK WHAT THEY DID !! '

edit on 15-12-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

With your last line you seem to concede that the US Government is sold out. You just seem to royally underestimate how much and by who it seems. Here's the straight honest from my heart truth from one stupid fool of a human to another trying to really reach out for real, right now.

They don't care about us at all, so much in fact they are traitors and planning horrible horrible things. It doesn't matter if all the other countries are too, 'cause let's face facts again... most of them ARE.

But America in just the last few days let alone since 1913 has shown more than ever.

You have no rights you are not willing to defend with your life.

Please, PLEASE, hear it. Even if you're a shill, or even if you're just on the fence, even if you hate all conspiracies with a passion.

Please. We're freakin dying man.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc

With your last line you seem to concede that the US Government is sold out. You just seem to royally underestimate how much and by who it seems. Here's the straight honest from my heart truth from one stupid fool of a human to another trying to really reach out for real, right now.

They don't care about us at all, so much in fact they are traitors and planning horrible horrible things. It doesn't matter if all the other countries are too, 'cause let's face facts again... most of them ARE.

But America in just the last few days let alone since 1913 has shown more than ever.

You have no rights you are not willing to defend with your life.

Please, PLEASE, hear it. Even if you're a shill, or even if you're just on the fence, even if you hate all conspiracies with a passion.

Please. We're freakin dying man.

What are you babbling about?I never once said I believe they care about 'us'.I'm well aware of how corrupt the government is.It always has been and it always will be.BUT it's not nearly as bad as some on here make it seem.That doesn't make it right though.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

So... a bill that removes our Constitutional rights at the hands of secret panels who literally have the power to assassinate American citizens or simply detain and torture any American for life with no trial evidence jury or hope, is not proof enough? Hear them knocking yet?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Show me proof.Perhaps I'm ignorant and haven't seen it.And I mean real proof.Not a link to some lame website.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
America is going straight to the ground!
nothing can stop it now..

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Ok... the NDAA is world news. If you cannot even look for anything are you kidding? How can we save ourselves without knowing the problems? Google NDAA and enjoy, or and look at the Senators on Youtube and such declaring this Martial Law. Oh yeah. This is the deal breaker.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by thejlxc

Show me proof.Perhaps I'm ignorant and haven't seen it.And I mean real proof.Not a link to some lame website.

if a website isn't good enough, what do you need to see?
people actually being held indefinitely?
not even gonna finish that train of thought cus i'm sure we both know where it's going.

to address the OP; i'm not in america either, but don't start thinking this doesn't effect us;
remember, before they had it changed it was ONLY non-us citizens it was aimed at.
now it's all of us, and it declares the entire world a battlefield.
or so i am reading, at any rate. never have i hoped so for this to be overhype.
edit on 15-12-2011 by decepticonLaura because: super cider typing powers

top topics

join