It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraq War is over!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The "Obama is trying to usher in Sharia" is one of them perceived threats and not an actual threat. learn to tell the difference!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

So the Green Zone is larger then the size of the State of Rhode Island?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
Fun Math:

Taking a SWAG and assuming 150,000 average number of soldiers per day in Iraq (I don't know the real number, somebody else can figure that out)

9 years X 365 days/year X 24 hrs/day X 150,000 troops = 11,826,000,000 man hours spent.

I wonder what awesomeness we could have done here at home with 4 trillion dollars and over 10 billion man hours.

Fix our broken infrastructure in America.

That would have been a glorious win..........

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Well, nearly 9 years, Trillions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of lost lives and what has been acheived. The western world has created a bigger East/West divide and the global economy is on the brink of collapse.

Congratulations to Bush, Blair and Obama (not so much public High School Cameron). Great Job

edit on 16-12-2011 by fiftyfifty because: To add flame instead of rolly eyes... definitely worthy of a flame

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Of course , your right. But we are here pushing them to the corner and they are not getting much power here.

Some deluded people think that with those dictators gone in middle east , people here are moving toward the NWO. But it is not true.

Those prince and those corporations don't want to share power with anyone else , and as long as they get more cornered , they will not be successful to pursue their agenda.

So , Middle East has moved the opposite direction of the NWO , and they are getting less interests in the region as people revolve for their own rights.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I agree with you 100%....but the fact remains that conflicts are created for employment and profit. How many people in the US military?

Approximately 1,473,900 active duty personnel, with 1,458,500 in reserve components, 580,049 civilian workers

How many would that be reduced by if the military only defended its people - instead of fighting one spurious cause after another. Christ even Vietnam and Korea were about the french empire - not the security of the American people.

How many unemployed would there be without this massive military industrial machine/partnership?
edit on 15-12-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

OMG, are you trying to justify killing people by saying it provides jobs to your fellow American? They better be out of work than killing people, right?

I hope I misunderstood you, if not, you have a very twisted mind my friend.

Peace out.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am not sure if you people understand what this will do for Obama's popularity. I can guarantee he is going to win the next election.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Its about time obama did something during his term that he promised during his campaign. Not like he probably had much to do with it anyway.. Glad to hear our troops are coming home i'm personally excited to see everyone in my life that hasnt returned yet. Unfortunately like so many others said the war isnt ever really over, both for the families that have lost so much time with their loved ones, and in a nation that could just as easily slip into a civil war faster than US tanks were rolling over baghdad during the invasion. Im sure there is alot of uncertianty in the minds of the iraqi people at this time. Anyway, hats off for everyone coming home and those who gave their lives most importantly.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

OMG, are you trying to justify killing people by saying it provides jobs to your fellow American? They better be out of work than killing people, right?

I hope I misunderstood you, if not, you have a very twisted mind my friend.

Peace out.

You have certainly misunderstood me. Pls take a look at my first post on page 1 of this thread for my perspective.

I am not a US citizen....I was merely pointing out that the reason the US engages in so many (almost continuous) military conflicts is NOT to defend itself, is NOT to bring democracy to the people of a foreign land,and it's not even for oil. It is simply for the money the whole operation generates. After all a bullet is only consumable product if it's actually being fired.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
The western world has created a bigger East/West divide and the global economy is on the brink of collapse.

Exactly what experts told Bush would happen if he attacked the middle east head on.

Advisers told Bush the only way to change things in the middle east was to go in on the ground level and work with the people. Otherwise - - they would come together in support of each other against a foreign invader.

If nothing else - - let's be real about this war and that Obama had nothing to do with it. Obama may be a puppet for the NWO "man behind the curtain" - - - I don't know. But he is not to blame for this war.

Cheney's arrogance - - personal interests and the PNAC ( www.newamericancentury.org... ) are what is behind this war.

The PNAC's Statement of Principles is written by, and bears the names of the following people: Elliott Abrams, Gary Bauer, William J. Bennett, Jeb Bush, Eliot A. Cohen, Dick Cheney, Midge Decter, Paula Dobriansky, Steve Forbes, Aaron Friedberg, Francis Fukuyama, Frank Gaffney, Fred C. Ikle, Donald Kagan, Zalmay Khalilzad, I. Lewis Libby, Norman Podhoretz, Dan Quayle, Peter W. Rodman, Stephen P. Rosen, Henry S. Rowen, Donald Rumsfeld, Vin Weber, George Weigel, Paul Wolfowitz. You can also add to this list Richard Perle and Condoleezza Rice . . . ( www.11th-hour.info... )

Just interesting: www.reachingtruth.com...

edit on 16-12-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The Quakers though do recognize US law and all state laws as final law!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hence why The PNAC are no longer in power anymore.

Look at the "Rebuilding America's Defenses" brochure and be floored!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

According to Dr. Ron Paul there is going to be a $1 000 000 000 US embassy built in Iraq with over 17000 workers (soldiers?) employed. This is all just a lie. Keep dreaming, because the war is not over.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by swoopaloop

This embassy was an old Babylonian era temple that Hussein was in the process of reconstructing when we invaded! It's about half as massive as the property that Mecca sits on! The temple dates to before the time of Jesus Christ!

U.S. Base Damages Ancient Babylonian Temple
www.npr.org...
edit on 17-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It is not over:

15,000 US Troops to Remain In Iraq, Renamed “Diplomats”

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are trying to pull a fast one because of Christmas time and the upcoming election year. It is all just to get votes for the corrupt Obama administration.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I'm beginning to not take Alex Jones serious anymore as what is his angle?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by Annee

The Quakers though do recognize US law and all state laws as final law!

Sharia law would be the same. There are areas in the US that already have it in communities.

They handle everything except serious crimes - such as murder. Same as Quakers.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by Annee

Hence why The PNAC are no longer in power anymore.

Look at the "Rebuilding America's Defenses" brochure and be floored!

"Man behind the curtain - - is man behind the curtain"

The title doesn't really matter.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Here, explaining the need for a "New Pearl Harbor" in a document written in 1996 :
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

All he does is say doom and gloom and won't give this nation a success story. He slams everything this nation does to move this nation forward and is a corporate shill.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join