It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraq War is over!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Bez,

True as those injured or maimed will never be able to return to sanity. Let's just hope this exit plan comes with free lifetime medical care for those injured or maimed!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Being turned over the the Iraqi Military!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Healing process? I'd be glad to put a bullet in that guys chest for what he did and end all of his "pain".

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

They won't....you have the Vietnam vets precedent. There's an estimated 100,000 wounded US military personnel. A further 300,000 are suffering from mental health issues and/or brain injury.

Many of the wounded from this manufactured conflict are so seriously wounded that in previous conflicts they would have counted among the fatalities - but thanks to modern technologies - they have lived but with dreadful injuries.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Seems the Military Industrial Complex needs foot soldiers for the next theatre... Iran!

IRM

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
reply to post by Pokoia

Healing process? I'd be glad to put a bullet in that guys chest for what he did and end all of his "pain".

Well I understand your anger. At least he says he is sorry and no longer the animal he was over there.
It is a start most Vets still have to make.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

It's the US economy on the whole that needs all these conflicts. The US has had a military adventure on the go almost continuously since WWII - you'd think some realisation might just begin to sink in - but it seems not.

1950-1953 Korean War
1960-1975 Vietnam War
1961 Bay of Pigs Invasion
1983 Grenada
1989 US Invasion of Panama
1990-1991 Persian Gulf War
1995-1996 Intervention in Bosnia and Herzegovina
1999 – present U.S. invasion and occupation of Serbia
2001 – present U.S. invasion and occupation of Afghanistan
2003 – present U.S. invasion and occupation of Iraq

Wordpress
edit on 15-12-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

No we don't as it's The SCUM who needs to keep on feeding it's Military machine. None of these conflicts do good for anyone but cause more chaos and descent! All to keep the populous living in fear of some new boggyman!
edit on 15-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
am i the only one to whom this timing just seems suspiciously good?
or, you know, bad.... if you are at all concerned with actual people or liberty or the future of the world....
all this iran/israeli/russian/everybody freaken else posturing....

so basically
everyone go home for christmas
take a deep breath
and say goodbye

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Not gonna happen!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I agree with you 100%....but the fact remains that conflicts are created for employment and profit. How many people in the US military?

Approximately 1,473,900 active duty personnel, with 1,458,500 in reserve components, 580,049 civilian workers

How many would that be reduced by if the military only defended its people - instead of fighting one spurious cause after another. Christ even Vietnam and Korea were about the french empire - not the security of the American people.

How many unemployed would there be without this massive military industrial machine/partnership?
edit on 15-12-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
Awesome!!

Did we win?

When we get in to a bad situation like an unpopular war, the US declares "Peace" and we won and then we come home. Remember Vietnam? Yeah...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I am willing to bet that this is just a political move to increase his popularity as his presidential seat is highly threatened by candidates such as Ron Paul. He needs something dire to pull public opinion back on him.

Perhaps its just a diversion for all the liberties being stolen on American soil, and more to come.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So we bring out 35K troops... how many mercenaries... er, I mean, "contractors", are we sending instead?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
How long will it take before the US spread "democracy" and "liberate" Iran and North Korea

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Be just like this little town . As soon as somebody moves out the scrappers move in and destroy everything. then the government comes in and tears the remains down and auctions off the lots for $50. People ask why we buy them. Because there will never be another crack house there again. Sooner or later the city will implode from lack of tax income and then we rebuild

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There aren't 35.000 troops there. There are maybe 4000 or so, coordinating the final logistics of the withdrawal. The final two bases, Basrah and Tallil AB will be turned over in the next week or so. Basrah is being turned over to the State Dep and Adder to the Iraqi military. Basrah will be one of 12 State Dept/OSC-I facilities in Iraq.

I'm glad i left last month. The State Dept/OSC-I folks seemed to be in over their head as they took over these facilities from the military.

KBR will keep running it's Base Operating Support Services (BOSS) contract at those facilities. There will be additional contractors, like Aegis providing security. Numerous other contractors will provide training to the Iraqi's for the equipment their govt purchased. Other contractors will maintain the comms architecture between the different facilities.

We'll still have a presence. Just alot smaller footprint.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
After just seeing a post that was 404'd about what our military does for fun over there, its not hard to see why

the new stamp honoring the soldiers doesn't stick too well, people keep spitting on the wrong side.
\
what a shame.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Paul is no threat to Obama, celebrate the end of this embarrassment and black eye to our nation.

This is not the time nor the place to push Paul or any other douchewad of the "Left-v-Right" paradigm con.

Stay on topic.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

BG,

Thank you for your service even though you were fighting The SCUM's war for them! Most appreciated!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join