Get your kids out of vampires and killers

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Please get your kids into positive things.

Like sports.

Keep them away from bad stuff.

I am a mother - please protect kids.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Gazrok because: spelling in title, for easier search

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I agree 100% nuff said.

I am single dad, I know what you mean. My sons behavior is so apathetic when I pick him up at his mothers house

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I wouldn't call sports very positive these days. From the behavior of the professionals, to the parents in the little league stands. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
haha where do you start with this?
will someone please think of the children!!!

i like when parents say get the kids away from the tv,
but it was their generation who invented it!!!

ufc is a sport

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
yea well... if you even had paid some attention how to write properly out and not our i would pay some attention to it. However reading further on... yea.... fail thread is fail.
edit on 15-12-2011 by Alda1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

before we can change the lives in our children we have to change ourselves.

step away from the television
step away from the computer
step away from the mobile phone, ipad

get outside and play
read together (not kindle but a book)
eat healthier (avoid sodas, chips and fast food)
cook meals together (everyone needs to know how to prepare a meal)
allow for quiet alone time

our children are a relection of ourselves. we can't help someone else if we can't help ourselves.

-subfab

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
They need a guitar and a fishing pole.

Done.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Is it ok to eat children?

Also, keep them away from religion.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Please get your kids into positive things.

Like sports.

Keep them away from bad stuff.

I am a mother - please protect kids.

Thread title is very confusing?

Sports? where professional sports people have so much spare time they to spend their obscene amount of money on hookers and usually wreck their marraiges. Although a lot of the time the wives are so stupid and obssessed by the money partner is making they will put up with anything.

Also if you want to get to the top level in most sports it will normally involve unhealthy drug habits.

Then there is the fact that sports only exists now for the purpose of coporate exposure and advertising.

It doesn't matter that you are there cheering on your kid when they score a goal at football , just make sure you are there to hug them when they f*** up completely.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I enjoyed a healthy diet of Carry On films and Hammer Horror as a child.
I didn't turn out too bad did I?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Pfffft come one parents if your kids stop watching killers and vampires then you will actually have to raise and talk to them.

We both know that isn't going to happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i keep this pic especially for threads like this.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hollywood is run by a bunch of satanic people hell-bent on destroying traditional culture.

These people HATE anything good and decent. They want to fill your kid's heads with poison, sexuality, black magic...anything that is the opposite of "good" and "normal."

It isn't even a matter of money, these people are TRUE BELIEVERS. They won't rest until society is completely debauched...including (sick as it is) your children.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Never Despise
Hollywood is run by a bunch of satanic people hell-bent on destroying traditional culture.

These people HATE anything good and decent. They want to fill your kid's heads with poison, sexuality, black magic...anything that is the opposite of "good" and "normal."

It isn't even a matter of money, these people are TRUE BELIEVERS. They won't rest until society is completely debauched...including (sick as it is) your children.

You are talking to strangers through a magic light box. Please... you wouldn't know "traditional culture" if it hit you in the face.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

You are talking to strangers through a magic light box. Please... you wouldn't know "traditional culture" if it hit you in the face.

How do you know what I know and don't know?

Technology is not the same as culture...nice attempt to muddy the waters, though.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Technology is not the same as culture

Yeah that is EXACTLY what I was saying. Way to totally fudge the point. I know you have no idea about what traditional culture is cause if you did you would be out living it instead of talking to people you don't know and will never care about.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I just saw that my heading said our instead of out.

Sorry for that.

But teenagers seem to be going into the negative side and we have to save them.

They are so impressionable - it would be nice if we could lead them to the bright side.

[EDIT] - No worries, fixed the title. - Gazrok (mod)
edit on 23-12-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The only thing teens need saving from is lazy sub-par parents who would rather blame the media than better themselves or god forbid actually talk to their kids.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Like everything, TV is fine too, in moderation. It's all about moderation.

These days, the current generation seems content to use a TV like a babysitter...and then we wonder what happened.

Of course, the other caveat is that these days, most households have both parents working, so not as much supervision. You have to, just to pay bills.

We added it up, and for what we spend on groceries each week, we could almost eat out each night (at a non-fast food place) for the same money. It's ridiculous.

As for vampires, etc., you do realize there were vampire shows even in the 60's right? I mean Dark Shadows is basically like True Blood or Vampire Diaries these days (though sure, times have changed, so a bit more violence)....

Video games (where kids roleplay these roles in a realistic setting vs. their imagination) and the media popularization of thug culture are much more to blame here, I believe.

The only thing teens need saving from is lazy sub-par parents who would rather blame the media than better themselves or god forbid actually talk to their kids.

That too, but the media isn't blameless. Still, the main onus is upon the parents.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Traditional culture? As in the cultures that have given us all of these imaginary creatures throughout history, or do you mean the cultures that say do not kill, unless you kill the people that believe in a different god, or might threaten you in the future, or just have land that we want. Do you mean those traditional cultures?

Oh, by the way, nice way to live up to your screen name there. Never Despise, this post sounds more like Despise All Those That Don't Believe The Way I Do.

I usually welcome other's opinions, but sometimes the hypocrisy forces me to point things out.

new topics
top topics

join