It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus a yogi?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Do you have a simple comprehension problem?
Here is an analogy, kinda may help.
A meal your average overweight Yank may be familiar with
Kentucky Fried Chicken is now called KFC where I am, spose where you are to??
Its still the same product with a fancy name. When I was a kid you got Southern fried chicken from there, now you get burgers and chilli chicken and all sorts of other stuff, not just what was around 25 years ago.
See it has a new name, but it still sells the same crap.
Listen carefully and to help I will type slowly.
Its called New Age, NEW AGE is not a new belief. Its just an old belief or beliefs with a new name.
I didnt say it was a new religion. New Age isnt NEW. Get that......... understand?
Its not new, I am aware of that. Its just the name has changed. Ok??
KFC is really Kentucky Fried Chicken but its got a new name, so people like you dont think you are eating unhealthy food.
See "NEW AGE" is just the old religions dressed up in a fancy name, to confuse people like you

Getting there??

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boony

You seem to have a memory problem...since you've forgotten what you said earlier..

I dont care if you understand or for your opinion and dont care to waste any more of my time.

The good news for you is that nobody on a forum wants to have anything to do with someone who says "I dont care for your opinion" or "I wont waste my time". So have it your way.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Simply you assume I am saying the NEW AGE is a new religion, can I assume that.
A yes or no will suffice
That is not what I am saying, can you search my posts and show me where I am inferring that Hinduism and Budhism are NEW religions.
I could say something arrogant and smarmy like you did, but from here on in I will let you condemn yourself by remaining silent.
Here is a proverb from the bible for you, Proverbs 17:28

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by boony

You seem to have a memory problem...since you've forgotten what you said earlier..

I dont care if you understand or for your opinion and dont care to waste any more of my time.

The good news for you is that nobody on a forum wants to have anything to do with someone who says "I dont care for your opinion" or "I wont waste my time". So have it your way.

Oh dear me. I will never recover from that acerbic wit. Well mr skorpion that sting in your tail has me all a dither.
You have a very merry Christmas or not, whatever best suits.

New Age is a new belief

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

reply to post by boony

. So have it your way.

Talk to an American about fast food and he trys selling it subliminally to everyone, suprised you didnt ask "You want fries with that"
Burger King - Have It Your Way. Parody of bad Americans eating habits and great advertising phrases.
Your mind is clouded by fast food skorps. Not much more by the evidence seen here
So funny

Oh and I am allowed to change my mind, I can come back here and type more messages.
I can do that, I am not subject to your whims or wants. I have free will and I can use it, and if people decide not to communicate with me. Thats just fine.
I can live with that to.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boony

yes your kfc analogy shows all thr problems, well done.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Christians seem to have this odd habit of condemning anything and everything that is not christian as being "anti-christian" or "satanic in origin". Whether its yoga or meditation or even martial arts.

I have noticed first-hand how the average hindu reveres Jesus as someone sent by God, and NOT as someone opposed to their way of life. They dont think that God belongs to only one group of people, but rather, accept that different religions simply cater to different cultures around the world.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boony

Considering most "new age" beliefs involve Love and the lessons of Jesus...

Perhaps this "new age" belief system you keep refering to isn't old beliefs with new fancy names...

But the old religions without all the racism, hatred and garbage the churches fill your heads with...

Sounds about right

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by boony

Perhaps this "new age" belief system you keep refering to isn't old beliefs with new fancy names...

But the old religions without all the racism, hatred and garbage the churches fill your heads with...

Sounds about right

As I suggested before, I will again.
Go study the Hindu caste system.

Its just out and out pitiful that some people have no idea what they are talking about.
Go watch "slumdog millionaires" to see how the "untouchables" are treated.
Please exercise your brains.

Your comments are not witty or clever, they are just so wrong and based on silly silly lies.
You know when the Chinese communists invaded and overthrew Tibets monarchy. The Peasants cheered in the streets. The Dalai Lama was a Hi Priest who forced the peasants to live in poverty and servitude.
The US government lied about Tibet.

www.youtube.com...
Believe what you want though, its a free society

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Christians seem to have this odd habit of condemning anything and everything that is not christian as being "anti-christian" or "satanic in origin". Whether its yoga or meditation or even martial arts.

I have noticed first-hand how the average hindu reveres Jesus as someone sent by God, and NOT as someone opposed to their way of life. They dont think that God belongs to only one group of people, but rather, accept that different religions simply cater to different cultures around the world.

Hindus eat dead bodys, revere rats and believe those who are handicapped deserve their handicap as a punishment so shouldnt be helped.
Why is everything you say so ill informed??

Now lets get back to that Yes or No answer hey??

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boony

reply to post by boony

Sounds about right

Its just out and out pitiful that some people have no idea what they are talking about.

Your comments are not witty or clever, they are just so wrong and based on silly silly lies.
You know when the Chinese communists invaded and overthrew Tibets monarchy. The Peasants cheered in the streets. The Dalai Lama was a Hi Priest who forced the peasants to live in poverty and servitude.

www.youtube.com...

LMAO!!!

You're funny man... This comming from someone who bases their knowledge on movies, Fast food... and youtube...

Don't act like you know anything about me.... you don't. Nor do you know anything about what i've studied.

But i admit, you're good at making a fool of yourself... Great job man

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boony

Hindus eat dead bodys, revere rats and believe those who are handicapped deserve their handicap as a punishment so shouldnt be helped.

Utter horse #.
Im an indian... born into a hindu family. So let me clarify a few things for you.

You claim :Hindus eat dead bodies.
Nope. Hindus have a rich culinary heritage and dead bodies are not part of it.
You may have been referring to the obscure aghora sect, but that does not apply to hindus in general.

You claim : Hindus revere rats.
LOL.
Rat poison vendors are a common sight on Indian streets...just like this guy here.

You claim : hindus believe those who are handicapped deserve their handicap as a punishment so shouldnt be helped"
Never heard of that before.
Im sure you got that from the same wonderful christian source that brainwashed you into thinking "hindus eat corpses and revere rats".

To conclude, your post speaks volumes of your ignorance about hindu culture.
Don't worry, I'm not singling you out or anything...you are not the first christian fundamentalist to display this level of ignorance, and you certainly wont be the last.

Like the user before me stated

edit on 18-12-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
news.nationalgeographic.com...
Rat worship

www.ceveni.com...
Flesh eating

THE EVIL OF CASTE IN HINDU SOCIETY

Prof Dr Colonel (retired) K Prabhakar Rao

Hindu society is plagued by the ills of caste system and of late, this problem has taken the proportions of Goliath and is threatening the very integrity of the nation. The society in India is rather divided on the basis of caste and not a single day passes without an incident where caste becomes the focal point. Recently in Maharshtra State a Dalit family of four was done to death by the upper caste Hindus and there was big riot and arson in the State. Similar incidents also take place in other State from time to time. Trains were burnt, shops were looted and life came to stand still. A caste war is a regular phenomenon in Bihar and Jharkhand States. For western people, this issue appears rather very strange and weird. The extreme end of caste problem is the case of untouchability that was once predominant in Hindu society. This practice although has died out outwardly, is still raising its head at some place or other in the country and causing serious heart burns. These issues have been examined. The caste system and the practice of untouchability have lowered the image of Hinduism in the eyes of the world. Eminent social reformers in all ages tried to fight the system and could not eliminate the evil. The modern stalwarts like Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Babasaheb (Respectful addressing in Hindi) Dr Bheem Rao Ambedkar (Much publicized as an architect of Indian Constitution and an eminent Barrister), Mahatma Phule, the social reformer are some of the noted social reformers who struggled to eradicate the evil. But they could not succeed. Frustrated Ambedkar finally shifted over to Buddhism from Hinduism.

A real good essay on Karmic suffering and rebirth justifying why Hindus allow suffering without pity.
www.jstor.org...
I know you wont read it, though there it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boony

reply to post by boony

Sounds about right

www.youtube.com...

LMAO!!!

You're funny man... This comming from someone who bases their knowledge on movies, Fast food... and youtube...

Don't act like you know anything about me.... you don't. Nor do you know anything about what i've studied.

Wow an avalanche of hard undeniable unchangeable evidence, backed in to a corner by so much irrefutable proof.
To many quotes, references and links, I am drowning under all your knowledge.
Now thats funny.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boony

This isn't my arguement... im just here to laugh at this point.

Check the first page though...

edit on 19-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The only wise decision and clever comment you have made on this thread.
Good boy!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boony

The only decision i've made in this thread thus far, is that you have little to no idea what you're talking about...

It seems to me that sentiment is shared with others within this thread as well...

And don't call me boy...

edit on 19-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The picture next to your name isint the only thing around here thats catty hey?
Well lucky I got big shoulders and can deal with all these people hacking on poor little me, what both of yous?
LMAO

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

He was certainly smarter than the Average Jew

(Yogi bear reference before anyone jumps on me)
edit on 19/12/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boony

Caste related discrimination still exists in certain rural places. But for the most part of it, its been declared illegal. Look it up.

As for the corpse eating... like I said earlier, its restricted to the obscure aghori sect, as your link suggests, but Im sure you will continue to claim that all hindus eat corpses....

Furthermore, everybody I interact with on a daily basis are hindus...and they dont discriminate on the basis of caste...and neither do they worship rats.

edit on 19-12-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join