It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia spying for Iraq!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
FULL STORY

Top secret documents obtained by The Telegraph in Baghdad show that Russia provided Saddam Hussein's regime with wide-ranging assistance in the months leading up to the war, including intelligence on private conversations between Tony Blair and other Western leaders.

If this is true... um... wow.

[Edited on 13-4-2003 by AdminThree]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If its true then the term applied to them as part of the "Axis of Weasels" is very apt. I would not be surprised though at all. Especially after it was revealed that the Ruskies were supplying gps jammers to the Iraqi's as well as technical advisors for their operation. On the one hand it looks very bad for them, it puts them in the same camp with Syria in that this could be construed as a hostile act, depending on what level of information was passed along. On the other hand, I think we will just ignore it, perhaps use it as leverage against them. (In relation to the contracts to rebuild, particularly concerning the oil).

Im really not surprised by this. As a side note I think including them as a critical partner in the ISS was/is a fatal mistake, just because of revelations like this. I would not be surprised if we find the French and Chinese did the same thing in the days and weeks to come.

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I can't get the link to work.
Telegraph says it's a dead page.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thanks.

If that's true, it makes you wonder how disorganised Saddam was to leave that sort of intelligence lying around. It could be a ruse to keep the Russians on their toes though.

It's interesting to note the supposed co-operation in monitoring Osama Bin Laden.
It could point out either that Russia was trying to find him and use him or that they were trying to eliminate him as a threat to themselves.

Either way, it's suspicious that they should go to the Iraqis for help.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Russia training Iraqi agents for covert foreign missions.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2003/04/13/SPIES.TMP

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thats interesting, fits in with this link I read a bit ago.

www.theage.com.au...

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
this doesn;t surprise me at all, russia still hates the usa, of course they would want to spy on them

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Russia remembers what Ronald Regan did to them in the 80s, and would very much like to see the same happen to us. In a way, because they were backing Iraq and the conversion of the oil standard currency to the euro, that is exactly what they were hoping to see happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
USA spies on Russia, Russia spies on USA.

I don't know why everyone is acting so suprised to hear Russia was spying on Britian for Iraq.

You think Russia is just going to sit back and watch the United States bomb the hell out of Iraq without Russia intervening in some kind of way?

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I dont think that anyone is really surprised at it so much as most aren't reading between the lines about it.

Essentially, we are in direct opposition to the French, Germans, and Russians: we are just using Iraq as a middleman for the dispute. The above companies want the international oil economy to switch to the euro, thereby giving them a huge windfall in the economy, meanwhile the American economy, and about 75% of the rest of the world economy will also spiral down the crapper. France, et al, are simply using Iraq as the "operator" to kick this off, and therefore we are invading Iraq to prevent them doing this.

In terms of a direct armed conflict, France and Germany dont have the ability to stand against us, and know it, therefore they will use other middlemen (Iran and Syria will be next up). Russia, being the strongest militarily are the likeliest of the above to stand against us, although highly unlikely.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
nothing new.. everybody spy on everybody...

new topics

top topics

join