It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Recommends Ban On Driver Pens and Pencils Use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

A Miami police office drove up a light pole while looking for a pen. The government has now recommended a ban on pens in automobiles.

Ok, its not true that the government is recommending this ban (at-least not yet) but its almost as silly as the cell phone ban.

Safety is in the driver. Newsflash: government does not know best.

edit on 15-12-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
"Way to go officer Smiley, enjoy your new cruiser and of course a pay raise. Whats that you need paid vacation for that horrific incident? No problem. Oh BTW here is a new pen."

Cops # up and they get rewarded, citizens # up and its jail time or at least a fine that is more than your weekly pay check. America just keeps getting better an better everyday.

edit on 15-12-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Man i saw this video last night when it was released...

The cop swerved across lanes, into and up a light pole... just to pick up a pen

He needs to lose his license for a year at the minimum... hes lucky he didnt kill anybody

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
"but its almost as silly as the cell phone ban. "

lol are you kidding me ? Your attention span is not as keen as your ego wills you to believe. You get very easily distracted. Espically with a cell phone

When i was younger , i went to pick up my gf. On the way there i dropped some colonge i believe looked down for ONE second. and BAM rear ended buddy. Luckily the damage was not that bad and he let me go. But boy did i learn a lesson about keeping my eyes on the road.
edit on 15-12-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Well it was a joke but no, banning cell pone use while driving is ridiculous. If I get into an accident and its my fault, I'm held responsible regardless of the reason.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by yourboycal2

Well it was a joke but no, banning cell pone use while driving is ridiculous. If I get into an accident and its my fault, I'm held responsible regardless of the reason.

Well with that logic let me drink and drive , and if i get into an accident them its my fault. Regardless of the reason. I'll be held responsible?

Shall we let everyone drink and drive and use cell phones with this logic?

I ask you ... would accidents increase or decrease?

Secondly if you killed someone drinking and driving or talking on a cell phone destracted will they be okay with this reason and logic?

top topics

join