It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She's Alive... Beautiful... Finite... Hurting... Worth Dying for.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I dont know what to say exactly, I really just wanted to share this miraculous video and to see if there are others of like mind who see the futility of defending 'things' and 'places' and the reach for higher better more advanced technologies rather than ourselves, our world, our planet.

Please take a moment and watch this video:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
At the end of the presentation there are memorials to many of the greats we know who were murdered in their cause to protect her. I have so much undying respect for those individuals and their action to defend the most defenseless, the most vulnerable living being we know.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm glad I didn't ignore the video. It is a delight to know that people still care.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I know what you mean about not having much to say. Great video

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
And thats why no nukes will be allowed to tear her apart.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The earth is a beautiful thing. She's been living for millions of years in harmony, until she caught a virus. The human race is earths cancer and its tearing her life away.
Time is the only cure as there is a great chance earth will shed a new shell in the case of a mega disaster such as a asteroid or yellow stone erupting.

Thanks for the vid
edit on 14-12-2011 by dankety because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I guess what really gets me... is that if people would put even 1% into the importance of reality, we would still have a chance.

Politicians, big corporation and greed has done this, and we are not doing enough to stop it, no vote can change the course, it can only steer this same slow boat to hell.

No war can stop this madness, only lead us all further into damnation.

No Religion that stands to defend God even bothers to try...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
People are so damn distracted and overburdened, and they have such short attention spans. One viewing of this video, which features associative imagery like storms with dramatic music (storms are a natural thing), and they're ready to leave comments about saving the planet/how horrible we are.

Minutes later, life as usual, until months or years later when the next two minute YouTube causes another minor and fleeting reaction in them. Despite the fact that what we do everyday is far worse than this mostly beautiful video depicts.

Vote with your dollars and lead with your actions each and every day.
edit on 12/15/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Awesome....goes right along with my signature thread...

S&F

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Great vid, thanks for posting. Unfortunately funding, research, activism and media attention for pressing environmental issues such as deforestation, endangerment of animal species, over-fishing, and much more, has been hijacked by the myth of man-made global warming. We had our chance, and we blew it.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I don't quite understand the point of this thread. Humans simply can not kill earth. They can't. They an pollute the air and water until all living these cease to be but Earth , The physical planet will always remain.
Yes humans are the cancer and they are bad for trees and animals but humans are so minuscule and meaningless when compared to a planet that I don't really understand why earth needs protecting from some us?

That's not to mention the fact....Earth's only special because it's currently the only planet to host life. I mean without living beings here, what's to separate earth from Mars or Uranus or even Makemake?
To me , one of the problem I have with the green movement is it over emphasis how much effect humans can have on the universe. The universe existed long before and it will most likely exist long after us.

In The Grand Scheme Of Things Humans are insignificant in just about every single possible way. We haven't even made it out of our own Solar System yet.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
That is an amasing video, The last few years I've made it my priority to see as much of this planet as I can, before it's gone.

If you want to see an excellent film about how beautiful the earth is and what we're doing to it, I can highly reccommend "Koyaanisqatsi" It's a time lapsed journey around the world, showing both the natural and human world, all set to music by Phillip Glass.

Enjoy

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I kind of agree with your point however, the Earth has been here for billions of years. We haven't. If humans become too much a nuisance for this planet, the planet will just deal with the humans.

You say defenseless...then who is defending you?

Plenty of volcanoes and tsunamis that would disagree with you about the "defenseless" part.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Thanks for posting OP, S&F!

As much as I hate human suffering, this video made me again realize how freakin greedy, wasteful & bloody selfish we humans are, & how secretly glad I was that the earth fights back with natural disasters.
If only she could target the bastards that have the monopoly of control when she does it, & not he innocent!
We've been programmed to want, take & destroy whatever we want, all in the name of profit.
Only if we had powerful leaders who placed our planet as a priority, & taught this to its people through actions as well as words, can there ever be truly positive change.

So sad for those brave, selfless souls who lost their lives fighting these causes, & sadder still for humanity, who needs angels like this on earth.
When will good prevail?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
I don't quite understand the point of this thread. Humans simply can not kill earth. They can't. They an pollute the air and water until all living these cease to be but Earth , The physical planet will always remain.
Yes humans are the cancer and they are bad for trees and animals but humans are so minuscule and meaningless when compared to a planet that I don't really understand why earth needs protecting from some us?

That's not to mention the fact....Earth's only special because it's currently the only planet to host life. I mean without living beings here, what's to separate earth from Mars or Uranus or even Makemake?
To me , one of the problem I have with the green movement is it over emphasis how much effect humans can have on the universe. The universe existed long before and it will most likely exist long after us.

In The Grand Scheme Of Things Humans are insignificant in just about every single possible way. We haven't even made it out of our own Solar System yet.

What I don't get is why people keep minimilizing the value of the life on earth by saying "the planet will be fine" regardless of what we do, which is true but completely misses the point...

Uhh I don't think anyone is actually worried about the sphere floating in space as much as they are worried about that sphere floating in space being able to host LIFE which includes them...The assumption people are worried about a sphere floating in space is asnine and completely misses the point.

The life and systems of this "sphere floating in space" that made us all possible is what is of concern and if we continue the trend of consumption that we are on the life systems of this sphere will cease to be and that includes you and me...

No one is worried about Earth, they are worried about the enviornment they live in being sustainable.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dankety
The earth is a beautiful thing. She's been living for millions of years in harmony, until she caught a virus. The human race is earths cancer and its tearing her life away.
Time is the only cure as there is a great chance earth will shed a new shell in the case of a mega disaster such as a asteroid or yellow stone erupting.

Thanks for the vid
edit on 14-12-2011 by dankety because: (no reason given)

And it is such a pity. We might be living a purely symbiotic relationship with her like so many species do with each other creating a cooperative and mutually rewarding beneficial experience to both parties.

Clown fish and Anemone
Shark and Remora
Flowers and Bees
Moray Eels and Cleaner Shrimp
Hippo and Oxpecker

We are TAKERS and we do not repair or replenish.
We offer her nothing in return for what we seize and take for ourselves.
This is why we will more than likely reap what we sow... a big fat, whole lot of NOTHING.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Catchy video...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The video in the OP almost had me in tears at the end. Bloody great video, the downside is that watching video's and images like this only make me feel powerless to do anything about it when you look at the true scale of events around the world. In the same breath, it only takes one to start the ball rolling. A shame that those that had the ball were snuffed out as they were

edit on 15-12-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This morning upon rising, rather than standing up and getting moving, I sat upright in bed and just began to breath in and out like in the video and a funny thing happened, all of my animals came and gathered around and began to meditate with me.

We are all sensitive to what is happening and it is so easy to just get up like we always do and hit our feet to the ground and like automatons begin moving from our place of rest into the world of the sleeping. Perhaps rather than an outward revolt or revolution what is missing is an inner revolution, consciousness needs to know what we want so she can help us, help our planet and all sentient beings who are suffering the toxic effects of this destruction.

We need leaders with awareness and not just cunning political ideas and schemes to worsen this tragic challenge we all face.

Some say "just go vote" but these are not our choices, these representatives are not who we need to vote for, nor part of any solutions or innovative direction, they are stale and dead already so why would they care if their path leads to destruction?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Magnificant and powerful video that all should see. Mankind has managed to screw up the very environment in which we need to survive. We should revere the earth and all that she holds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join