It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Awesomeness of Life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
No one knows how or why life developed, but think about it.

There was a massive explosion 14 or so billion years ago and then the shrapnel suddenly gains the ability to observe itself??? What the..?

If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound? Apparently, our primordial universe didn't think so. So it gave itself the ability to listen??? What the..?

Is it not clear that life can only come from life? Has anyone ever seen any lifeform ever come from something that is not a lifeform? Shouldn't it be evident in the very fact that all life comes from life that it can't happen any other way? Can you say that it is possible the first single-celled organisms came from something that was not alive, yet upon their emergence had their DNA already programmed to reproduce? So not only is the first life form alive and somewhat intelligent, it also is equipped with the ability to reproduce. No way.

Are atheist "scientists" really telling me that inorganic compounds accidentally mixed together with other inorganic compounds and merged to form something that could do intelligent work, reproduce, and call itself, "alive". No offense, but that's illogical. I mean, IF (and that's a big if) inorganic compounds could somehow find their way to mix with other inorganic compounds and come up with something that looked like that first single-celled organism, there's no way that thing would have gained animation. If a dead human is made up of the same elements when he's dead as he was when he was alive, then how come he don't work anymore? I have an answer for that and it definitely involves life pre-existing lifeforms.

I just don't see any other way possible for life to emerge without life having already existed. That's why I think the essence of life is something that is everywhere and in everything, animate or inanimate. But that's not really even what I wanted this thread to be about. I really just want to talk about life. Whether you are willing to believe it is something that is an all-pervasive essence that binds all life forms on this planet and others, or if you think life is something that is limited to the life form, it does not retract from the beauty of life because beauty is life.

There are lots of qualitites about the universe that are impossible without life and the ability to observe. These qualities deeply intrigue me. I guess its because I am a part of life, why I am intrigued by it so much, which should be understandable. Some of these qualities include but are not limited to: Beauty, love, appreciation, fear, hate, intelligence, compassion, music, smell, touch, taste, joy, sadness, etc. Now here's where it gets interesting, and if you don't believe in a life essence that precedes life forms, you might want to stop here.

When you die, you don't die, you actually become more alive for you are life itself and there's nothing that can make you stop being that. Death is not the end of life, it is only the end of the life form. The form which has focused portions of life to be a specific version of it. I believe that in life, there is probably much more that we, humans, haven't even thought of yet. Like other senses besides the 5 senses and other colors that we haven't seen, sounds that we haven't heard. In death, these things become available to us because that's what life is. Life brings along with it all those things that are impossible without it.

So this life essence that we all are IS beauty and love and hate and fear and all those other qualities that I mentioned. It is those things because without life those things would not exist. Before the emergence of life forms, there is life. The life brought the inanimate to life and the inanimate took on parts of that life to embody as much of the essence of life that it could. Some of the forms were equipped to be mad all the time. Some of the forms were able to sing. Some of the forms were able to build stuff. The point is, these inanimate forms suddenly gained these abilities because, in the essence of life, these abilities existed so beyond the life forms, where there is just life, these abilities all come together to make up the essence of life.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think life exists every where,but the sentience,the ability to know you are alive and here,to know that maybe you are not here by accident is in question here.
Is this what you are referring too?

Sentience is the ability to feel, perceive or be conscious, or to have subjective experiences. Eighteenth century philosophers used the concept to distinguish the ability to think ("reason") from the ability to feel ("sentience"). In modern western philosophy, sentience is the ability to have sensations or experiences (described by some thinkers as "qualia"). For Eastern philosophy, sentience is a metaphysical quality of all things that requires respect and care. The concept is central to the philosophy of animal rights, because sentience is necessary for the ability to suffer, which entails certain rights. In science fiction, non-human characters described as "sentient" typically have similar abilities, qualities and rights as human beings.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I think, when you "die", you become life and only life. I think when you are "alive" here, you are actually taking life and you focus it in various ways to get a diverse range of experiences. So when you leave your form behind, you become immersed into all of it simultaneously.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Very good post, especially the beginning before your particular theories about death.

Yes, we are told all of this came from an infinitely single small point (can't get somethin' from nothin'), and that we are in a physical reality that therefore doesn't make any physical sense (simulation theories here).

Awesome analogy about the shrapnel from the explosion gaining the capacity to view/comprehend itself, heh.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Well, in the simplest terms:

How long would it take to make a watch if you put all the components in a box and shook it?

How long would it take to make a watch if you took all the components to a watchmaker?

In infinite dimension in infinite universes with infinite time and infinite energy, anything can be accomplished. But, in a relatively short time, our specific universe came into being, grew, and succeeded.

Life is, indeed, Awesome.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
No matter where your beliefs lie, the fact that pure quantum energy can coalesce into matter and then evolve to a point where it can ask the question "Why do I exist?" is truly an amazing thing.

new topics

top topics

join