It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 PDF

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Here is a link to the actual current Legislation for all you intelligent and politically s a v v y ATS
Members to dissect.

www.ng.mil... May 2011

I will be the first to admit that I have responded to Flash Reports that intend to

reap emotional responces.

However I will take the time to read all 600+ pages of the current legislation before I comment further.

To note: Some interesting sections of debate include Section 1021,1031,1032, and 1034.
Also of particular interest is this

www.senate.gov...

Happy Holidays ATS Members, Read On and then Let your voices be heard.

Best Regards to you all, Wildmanimal
edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add in Content

Here is a link to The Current Bill provided by ATS Member Vitchilo : As of December 2011

www.gpo.gov...

Thank you for your expertise.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add 12/2011 Copy of Bill Link

UPDATED : For those concerned,more current links available in some of my latter replies on page one.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Edit Arrangement

edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Accuracy

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thanks. I've been wanting to read what was actually passed(pending signature from Hussein Obama), and not people's reactions to it. I think we all know how easy it is to make something out to be something it's not.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"The committee remains concerned with the continued vulnerability of the
United States homeland to electromagnetic pulse (EMP) events, both man-made
and naturally occurring." -page 230
I thought this was interesting, especially the 'naturally occurring' part.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yeah I'm not seeing anything that suggests they can detain American citizens indefinitely. As I suspected, it was just an internet hoax. It's page 237 if you want to see for yourself.

That said, I will be reading the final version.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
the pdf located at www.ng.mil is from May 2011.. it is outdated by a few months.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Well they really shouldn't be concerned about restricting the "Natural" activity of "Things,"

The focus should be on the mature and proper response.

In a timely manner I might add.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thanks for your accuracy, could you provide us with A LINK to the most current version for sake of discussion?
I will do some more research, and try to do the same.

Thanks for your reply and I look forward to your additional Data.

More Current Data

armed-services.senate.gov...

Commitee on Rules as of Dec. 13th 2012 Link:

rules.house.gov...

armedservices.house.gov...

armedservices.house.gov...

The last link contains summary of detainee provisions
edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Accuracy and Current links Added

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Also in the bill...

Guard chief's promotion criticized

Congress is about to elevate the position of chief of the National Guard Bureau to full membership on the Joint Chiefs of Staff, joining the JCS chairman, vice chairman and four service branch chiefs as top military advisers to the president and his national security team.

The House last May led Congress into making the National Guard chief a permanent member of the JCS, giving voice vote to this as part of a block of more obscure amendments to the fiscal 2012 defense authorization bill.

What a coincidence that for the first time EVER the NATIONAL GUARD is gonna be on the JCS... yeah totally a coincidence.

reply to post by Ghost375

Will you people stop with this non-sense? It's been proven again and again and again that it affects American citizens. Stop denying reality.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Thanks for your accuracy, could you provide us with A LINK to the most current version for sake of discussion?
I will do some more research, and try to do the same.

Thanks for your reply and I look forward to your additional Data.

The version that passed the senate is here. I will need to locate the one that came out of conference.

interesting note.. the language in sections 1031 and 1032 has been changed and no longer has an obvious loophole that would allow black bagging citizens or legally resident aliens.

ETA: Just to clarify.. going off of memory here.. I cannot find a historical view of it, but it seems to read differant to me now.
edit on 12-14-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

interesting note.. the language in sections 1031 and 1032 has been changed and no longer has an obvious loophole that would allow black bagging citizens or legally resident aliens.

It hasn't been changed. Try again.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Excellent Work Roger, I knew you would step up to the plate.
If you scroll back some, you will see that i added some current Data for you as well.

Best, Wildmanimal

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

It hasn't been changed. Try again.

Try what again? It's not like I can pull up the history of it.. just going off of memory.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Care to Specify?

I really would like to read your data and conclusions.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
For the record, I am not at all in agreement with any form of indefinate detention of anyone without trial.. US Citizen or not... even if they are "enemy combatants".

We are in a fake war of our own making and the solution is a foreign policy one, not a military one.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Hey Roger, could you specify the changes to the "Loopholes" that you mentioned.

As there is no doubt that not only I would appreciate that confirmation, but I am sure that

the rest of The World would as well for that matter.

I expect The United States of America to be a Beacon for The World, and will accept nothing less.

Step up to the plate and swing. Everyone gets their fair moment of justice where I come from.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
My goodness!

This country is so hellbent on never leaving strategic foreign soil. So much so, that the fed is justifying locking up its own citizens indefinitely????

Really? That's disgusting.

I suppose connecting someone to Al Qaeda is easy. Kind of like Kevin Bacon. If they want to they can connect you to anything and make you disappear. This is scary #.

I haven't read any of it yet to be honest, but from what Obama said it sounds like a giant contiuation and expansion of this phony unwinnable yet unwaivering war on terrorism. We are at war with those who create fear.

What has happened to the US over the last 2 decades? This is astounding. Every year gets more bizarre.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Hey Roger, could you specify the changes to the "Loopholes" that you mentioned.

As there is no doubt that not only I would appreciate that confirmation, but I am sure that

the rest of The World would as well for that matter.

I expect The United States of America to be a Beacon for The World, and will accept nothing less.

Step up to the plate and swing. Everyone gets their fair moment of justice where I come from.

Well, specifically, I do not remember there being an exclusion for US Citizens and legal resident aliens in Section 1031. I remember it being there in Section 1032.

I am totally kewl with being politely convinced otherwise..
The way they write these bills, you never know.. Still Section 1031 states that it doesn't change any existing laws and Section 1032 specifically excldues citizens.

Although, those tricksy hobbitses may have something with the language in Section 1031 if an existing law implies that future laws may be added.. which means that section 1031's language is self-negating.. lol.. I can see them doing that.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I like your Kevin Bacon game reference. Evidently it is that sketchy.
Thanks for your contributions and ideas.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Fair enough, and thanks for your honesty.
It really is a disgraceful mess isn't it.

Scroll back, and check out the additional hyperlinks. Vitchilo provided us with a good one as well.
Stay Current, your future depends on it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Many Thanks for the Current Link Vitchilo,
I added it to Thread.

Best, Wildmanimal

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join