It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Aircraft Carrier Spotted At Sea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here is something very interesting for you all to see. A nation rising to power with twice the number of soldiers as America.
www.ibtimes.com...

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware
of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as
a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 15/12/11 by argentus because: mod note

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You mean to say that this is Chinas very first aircraft carrier? I had no idea that they had never had one before.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
twice as many soldiers yes. but 1 missle can take out 20 soldiers. its all about tactics not man power cmon now im getting tired of comments like that.

I honestly dont care who wins ww3 and im from America it just gets a lil tiring listening to illogical comments that when looked at from a strategic perspective mean nothing.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaolinTemple

Fortunately the carrier is vastly inferior and the Chinese army ill equipped. They are just now learning how to utilize such a weapon. The U.S.A. has had over half a century to perfect their toys. As much as I hate to admit it, there isn't a country in the world that could stand up to the U.S.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Pretty awesome find. I've never seen a Chinese aircraft carrier before (personal or in picture). Looks absolutely different in design from what other nation's seem to manufacture. Kinda looks like a lighting bolt.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowScript
Pretty awesome find. I've never seen a Chinese aircraft carrier before (personal or in picture). Looks absolutely different in design from what other nation's seem to manufacture. Kinda looks like a lighting bolt.

AND...

You still haven't. That's an old Russian Aircraft carrier from the 1980s sold to China with a fresh coat of paint.
Varyag

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well I am glad it was spotted at sea, it would have been pretty weird if it was spotted on land...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaolinTemple

With one, count it, one aircraft carrier

China is a joke, and their economy will show itself soon enough. There is not a chinese boogeyman in the closet.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes,the russians will sell anything to anyone for a price,
china,iran...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It was really better that the chinese did buy their aircraft
carrier from the russians,since about everything that china
makes is all junk.Chinese metal,toxic paints to name a few.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaolinTemple
Here is something very interesting for you all to see. A nation rising to power with twice the number of soldiers as America.
www.ibtimes.com...

As I posted in the other, longer running thread.

Here's a great perspective of a United States super carrier and a medium sized carrier. I would believe the Chinese carrier is similar to the one on the left side of the dock.

Also, the United States have 12 - yes 12, of these super carriers with roughly 90 aircraft on board.

edit on 14-12-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

edit on 14-12-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

the bigger they are, the harder they fall. i think aircraft carriers that big in confined seas like the straight of hormuz are sitting ducks for anti-ship missiles.

edit on 14-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

They sure are sitting ducks, just like any other ship would be in that location... Also keep in mind that a U.S. carrier in that area is surrounded by destroyers and cruisers with anti-missile capabilities - but, there is always one that may break through. You would then probably see a wave of tomahawk missiles launch at targets and then WW3 would break out which would cause the United States war machine to go in overdrive.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Any Naval Vessel is a sitting duck in the "Strait" and maybe that's why the US navy doesn't sail Carrier battle groups in the strait that often. During Gulf War I and II the Pentagon decided to keep the Carriers out of the Gulf and fly from the Red Sea, Indian Ocean and from land bases in Saudi Arabia.

ETA:

edit on 14-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here's another perspective of a U.S. Nimitz class super carrier and a U.K. Invincible class carrier (RIP).

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Really? it was spotted at sea?

well damn...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
A satellite photo captured China's first ever aircraft carrier on the Chinese coast's Yellow Sea Thursday by a commercial U.S. satellite company.
The aircraft carrier has generated intense international interest because of the open-ended possibilities the country may have for it as a future military power.
Little on the ship had been said by China after purchasing it from Ukraine in 1998, spending years refurbishing it from one with no engines, weaponry or navigation systems, to one seen sailing last week.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... xzz1gZoBsS2A

'It wasn't until the Chinese actually announced they were sending it out on a trial run they admitted, `Yes, we are actually launching a carrier,'' she said.
China publicly announced two sea trials for the carrier that occurred this year, she said.
The carrier's progress is in line with the U.S. military's expectations, said Cmdr. Leslie Hull-Ryde, a Defense Department spokeswoman.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... xzz1gZoXeAPD

Don't think there's anything to worry about here. Maybe in a few years!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That fact they kept this massive object secret until spotted on satellite is extremely impressive.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
That fact they kept this massive object secret until spotted on satellite is extremely impressive.

Secret?

To whom?

Anybody who has been alive for the past 40+ years and has paid attention knew about the carrier. There have been numerous threads going back years here at ATS .

Secret

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join