It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Mars - Picture attached (structure or shadows / illusion?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I generally dont submit pictures for people to analyze however this image from Google Mars caught my eye. I've looked at the image from all the angles, all settings on high / low etc to see if its just a shadow / pov issue. It still looks like a structure to me, and the shadows its casting are interesting (at least to me but this is no where near my field, hence this post).

thoughts?
Google Mars - 17 04 14.88 179 48 24.81

**Use scroll bar to see entire picture**

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
looks like Signals..

or Slayer69..

could be stealthycat though..

nah..ears are to big...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Uhm.... ok

I'll take outer planets for $500 Alex...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

here's a thread that should have gotten more attention.

it should explain everything.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by akiros
www.abovetopsecret.com...

here's a thread that should have gotten more attention.

it should explain everything.

I agree with the post you linked. The "image" is probably created by light / shadow / angle. However, I still thought it was interesting enough to see what people thought about it.

If we assume everything we see is caused by light / shadow, then why bother even leaving the planet Earth? If it looks interesting I say we should stop and poke around before moving on.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Clearly, (and unclearly) there is a great deal of information pertaining to Mars that is only
being spoon fed to the general public.

I for one believe that Algae and Fungus(Ascomycetes,Basidiomycetes,etc.?)and Bacteria do thrive on Mars.
If the conditions are correct, a symbiotic relationship between Fungi, Algae, and Bacteria can occur.
One example on Earth of this relationship is the advantageous forms of Lichen.

Pictures en.wikipedia.org...

It is not really that far of a stretch. This would also explain the seasonal Mars surface color variations.

Now if I could be so confident to proclaim that there are Trees,Shrubs on Mars, I would really be happy.

Best to you and yours
S&F
edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: S&F typo

P.S. I am curious as to your "mood" outlined in your Avatar.
Why are you Depressed?
edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: P.S. add in content

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
It still looks like a structure to me, and the shadows its casting are interesting (at least to me but this is no where near my field, hence this post).[...] thoughts?

Number one, I think somebody needs to find a better resolution image of that area, if there are any, and not rely on that crappy Google thing.
Number two, I still don't see where it looks like any kind of structure, because any reasonably advanced civilization at least on Earth creates buildings that have right angles (except for the occasional football stadium).

Oh, yes, a billion years of erosion, alien thought processes, atomic war, rationalization, excuse, overimagination, excuse, excuse, etc...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Oh, yes, a billion years of erosion, alien thought processes, atomic war, rationalization, excuse, overimagination, excuse, excuse, etc...

Did you arrive at your conclusion before or after science decided the Earth revolved the son and that we are not the center of the universe?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It's natural. And they're always going to be natural formations. The only time photos from from Mars won't always be natural is after we've started doing things on the planet.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Did you arrive at your conclusion before or after science decided the Earth revolved the son and that we are not the center of the universe?

I'm more than willing to let somebody prove me wrong. It would be exciting. But I certainly won't make it easy for you with bad logic and faulty analogies. Get the good data, work it up, and present it. Let's see what's there. Don't just point and give me one of those, "Well, you could see it if your mind wasn't closed."

I'm waiting. I'm always waiting.

P.S. -- Oh, and by the way, we are at the center of the universe. Get in a rocket ship, start flying in any direction. The "edge" of the universe is going to be equally far away no matter which way you go. That puts us right in the dead center.

edit on 14-12-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
It's natural. And they're always going to be natural formations. The only time photos from from Mars won't always be natural is after we've started doing things on the planet.

Unless.....they photo one of the many spacecraft wrecks and dead rovers we've placed there!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Lol I did not say it was a structure, I said it looked like one. I also added in the comments on lighting / angle as well as asking people to take a look who have way more experience in this area than I do.

As far as being the center of the universe, that assumes the universe is infinite. However, since our current location is not in the exact spot of the big bang, we arent the center of the universe.

One could make the argument that if the universe is infinite, then there exists the possibility of life on mars.

In either case, we are drawing our conclusions from the evidence available. Unitil we rescue the hostages from Nimbus III and confront God just outside the galactic barrier seperating our galaxy from others, we are left with theories based on incomplete data.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Unless.....they photo one of the many spacecraft wrecks and dead rovers we've placed there!

And that as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

And that as well.

Which brings up an interesting trivia question how many wrecked spacecraft are on Mars now?

Edited to add: I believe the answer is eleven but will check a different source
edit on 15/12/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Found it!

aerial view

Ground view.

Anybody recognize it? Also, on the OP original I see a few SUVs in the parking lot at the lower right of the pic just outside the entrance.

top topics

join