It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins another Florida GOP straw poll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It proves none of the other candidates have people willing to do the same.
BTW...he just won Miami also.

In the end, at election time, Ron Paul supporters only have one vote. They will no longer be able to travel every straw poll no matter how far away it is.

No one has ever said Ron Paul supporters are dedicated (fanatical?)...but that isn't what wins elections. A broad base, not a narrow passionate base, is what wins elections.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

So having to be a registered republican in Iowa, does that apply to all the other states or only the ones under the republican party control?
Also, is every registered voter in the US required to be registered under a particular party to be able to vote?
I mean why can't someone affiliated with the dems, vote in the republican nominee election?
Sounds a bit silly to me...
Here in Oz we just vote one or the other on election day. It's not even close to being as in depth as the process in America.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TOMFROMOZ
reply to post by Chemley

So having to be a registered republican in Iowa, does that apply to all the other states or only the ones under the republican party control?
Also, is every registered voter in the US required to be registered under a particular party to be able to vote?
I mean why can't someone affiliated with the dems, vote in the republican nominee election?
Sounds a bit silly to me...
Here in Oz we just vote one or the other on election day. It's not even close to being as in depth as the process in America.

I understand that is seems a bit silly and maybe it is. Many other states allow anyone to vote in primaries (Iowa has a caucus and it is different than a primary) but Iowa chose a different system. Personally, I don't always agree with it but by restricting the process to only Republicans, in theory, a more accurate representation of that party will emerge as the winner. In other words, it is more difficult for democrats (in this case) to blast in and vote en mass for a candidate that the Republicans would not support. Basically, I think that allowing the states to choose their own system is one of the last examples of the 10th amendment of our constitution still "working" / maybe... That was a good question. I think it is one for all voters, regardless of state / country, to consider.

Also, as an aside, I thought that I would throw out that I really enjoyed my time in "OZ". You have a wonderful, beautiful country.

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

Gotcha!! Thanks for clearing that up its starting to make sense to me now

Offtopic:Yeah we have got a pretty great country over here, shame at this stage I cant return the compliment having never ventured to the states.
Its definitely on my top ten list of things to do for my life and im sure the citizens of America will be just as accomodating for me as us Aussies were for you

edit on 14/12/2011 by TOMFROMOZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You say that as an absolute fact that only diehard Ron Paul supporters would be voting for him.

What is a fact is Ron Paul's message converts voters everyday.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

And what new polls will you post for us today to prove this theory?

edit on 12/15/2011 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join