It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

while walking into the store, got hit by a truck. Cop says it's my fault.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I would suggest getting your knee checked out even if it is only mildly bothersome. The #1 reason would be for your health, but it never hurts to have some documentation that there was an injury.
Also, on a side note, you should limit your Gatorade intake cuz it has loads of sugar.
Hope everything works out and hopefully you will only experience a little soreness.....but still, get it checked out.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If it comes to a court case for some reason, also request the driver's cellphone records for that day. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if that was involved in this accident. If you're lucky, the state you're in might have one of those "no cellphone use while driving" laws that may help your case.

Also what's the deal with people going 35-40MPH in parking lots? I've seen that way too often. Common sense would say you don't go faster than what anyone can be expected to jog, because of all the places pedestrians can pop out from.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You may not be in much pain now, but you may in another day or so. I won a case where I was hit as a pedestrian. Get your injury documented. The police in my case had his report all screwed up. Good thing I got a lawyer and some witnesses.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You may not be in much pain now, but you may in another day or so. I won a case where I was hit as a pedestrian. Get your injury documented. The police in my case had his report all screwed up. Good thing I got a lawyer and some witnesses.

Might be a pain to afford the check up and lawyer but it's going to be worse if you get a serious problem. Which could happen. Also want to add that most places only keep security tapes for about 2-3 months when the hard drive (or tapes if it's a crap system) get refreshed. Some places only keep stuff for 2 weeks.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
Actually I believe what you're saying is, "You were crossing the crosswalk to the store, and a vehicle did not yield to the pedestrian in the crosswalk." Sounds like if you can get the footage and get yourself a nice lawyer, you can sue the pants off this careless driver. Most states have a pedestrian right of way clause, and in some states, regardless if you are in a crosswalk or not, if a vehicle strikes a pedestrian, the vehicle is at fault.

Teach those teenagers that texting and driving carelessly will not happen on your watch.

Yes, exactly.
There is also a curve in front of the store entrance. Kind of like a T-intersection, but the left top of the T would be curved. You can't see around the curve due to the cars parked and some trees. When I looked there was nothing there. She must have been going 35 or so, because it took her at least 20 feet to stop.
Couldn't sleep. So I'm up 2 hours early, before briefing and pre-flight.
I'm still pissed off at the impetuous cop. But I'll get over it.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Was the driver of the pickup a pretty female? A friend of mine a few years ago was in an accident where his car was hit by an old lady who ran a stop sign, When the police showed up her granddaughters who were with her gave the cops a twisted story and because they were pretty the cop wrote up in his report that my friend (who is a dude) was the one at fault. I dont know if you live in that area but if you do file the complain I would suggest you watch your back because LEO's can be some vengeful f**ks when citizens file complaints and they will definatly be on the lookout to bust your chops any time that you can, my best advice before you do anything would be get a good attourney and consult them on how to proceede. I would suggest doing it quickly

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's good to hear you're not seriously hurt!

The only thing I can think of is that one of the people in the truck (perhaps the driver) is a family member of someone in the police department.

There have been a few occasions in my life where a few of my acquaintances (I don't want to call them friends, but they are peers) who happen to have family or friends in the police department get away with driving drunk or speeding excessively. I've noticed they usually mention that to me, as if I'm going to need the help. They'll tell me, "If you ever get pulled over by a state trooper in -insert part of Massachusetts here- tell them you know me and you'll probably get off."

Just the idea that doing that would actually work sends shivers up my spine. I mean, how does who you know change the fact that you were doing something illegal? Justice certainly isn't impartial when it comes to friends and family.

Although, I hope that's not the case here and that the officer was just having an off day or something.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

You need to sue the hell out of those girls just on principle because they lied about you jumping in front of their car. Like everybody throws their knee in front of cars like that. Shows how stupid that cop was for buying that total BS story. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a289bcfa0734.gif[/atsimg]

About your knee; even if it doesn't hurt much now, you should get a doc to check it out. I remember getting banged up a lot when I was younger and just shaking it off and working through what, at the time, seemed like pretty insignificant pain. Now that I am older, I can still feel the pain from each and every one of those little boo-boos, especially when it rains.

What seems like an insignificant injury when you're still young can turn out to be something that haunts you for the rest of your life when you get older.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join