It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellfire II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The Hellfire� II modular missile system provides multiple warheads and guidance systems to enable weapon customization to better defeat the threat. The Hellfire II family of missiles includes anti-armor and anti-shipping warhead configurations, with Longbow millimeter wave (MMW); semi-active laser (SAL) with an anti-tank high explosive and a blast fragmentation warhead; and imaging infrared (I2R) guidance systems. The AGM-114K Hellfire II missile (the primary armament for the US Army Apache and Marine Corps Super Cobra helicopters) achieves pinpoint accuracy by homing in on a reflected laser energy aimed at the target from the launching helicopter or ground-based observer. Integrated with the Apache millimeter wave fire control radar, the Longbow Hellfire gives the Longbow weapon system unmatched lethality and survivability. Hellfire II provides precision targeting for main battle tanks, ships, air defense systems, buildings and bunkers. I2R provides a fire-and-forget alternative for non-radar-equipped platforms.

Hellfire II

I dont think we really need a new one the current hell fire works fine.

E_T

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Well, that newest version with blast/fragmentation warhead is just normal Hellfire II with replaced warhead so there are certain advantages from modular design.

www.globalsecurity.org...
www.designation-systems.net...
www.janes.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The advanced hellfire is a "fire and forget" the ones on the A-model Apaches without the FCR have to be designated by someone hanging around, either in another helicopter or on the ground.

That is bad Juju, indeed.

new topics

join