It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDAA/S.1867 passes the house

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
We all knew this was coming, we all have felt this day was coming eventually. So now what do we do? Either we all stop coming here, keep out mouths shut or prepare for some here disappearing. Our only hope is a legal challenge. Our last hope with this lay with the Supreme Court at this point.

Exspose them, use whatever means you can to show the public and hope that enough people will start to care. At the moment the only people out there with a voice are contaminating the sitution, being is a conspiarcy theorist is now a brand that even members of ATS wear as a badge of honour critising "the sheeple". The strange thing is all of us pretty much know the government dont have our intertests at heart, why are they trusted with our rights in a "democracy" that has gone against the public so many times. I am talking about world wide, why are humans still unable to create a system so flawed it furstrates me to have such childish greed running the world.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This bill makes me sick. Unfortunately, we have no action anymore. It used to be that the states appointed Senators, and this was in place as a check and balance. When the 17th Amendment was ratified, it basically stripped the states of any power in the federal process, thus centralizing the power structure in the country, and making it easier to buy off the government. Prior to the 17th Amendment, it would have been a lot more difficult to buy a Senator, because the state legislature could recall them at any time. Now that they are directly elected (same as the House), they don't have to answer to anyone. The 17th Amendment undermined the people, by duping them into thinking they would get a greater say in the process, when the reality is that it took the remaining power away from the people.

If we are to fix this problem, one of the first things that needs to be done is the abolishing of the 17th Amendment. Make the Senate answer to the states. The saying "all politics is local" no longer applies.

This is just one of many stepping stones that brought us were we are today, and unless we start fixing these mistakes, it will get worse and worse.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

On many occassions, I have been accused of being a little dense on the subject of politics.

My statements here may bare this out for some, but:

Are there not more of "us" than there are of them?

Is there not an election coming up soon?

Do we not have all their names?

All of those who voted for this bill, have violated the oath which they swore when they assumed their office and should be delt with accordingly.

All those in the House of Represenatives will be up for "re-hiring". It may be time to re-think the job they have done for us. After all they work for us and the work they do is done in our name. If you truely do not approve of the job they are doing; fire them and get someone else.

One third of those in the Senate are also up for "re-hiring". The same questions and statement as above should apply to them.

One president is all that is looking to be "re-hired". After the disappointing job performance which he has turned in, I can state without reservation that I shall not entertain his job application any further.

You will notice, I have not used the term "election" in this piece. They do, after all, simply work for us - "WE THE PEOPLE" - and if enough of us disapprove of their work they should be terminated from our employment as soon as possible.

I would ask for us all to keep one thing in mind. Those other two-thirds of the Senate will also be seeking "re-hiring" before long.

If we would but unite and stay united in our efforts to make the changes needed, we can rapidly send those who would desire these positions the message that we are their bosses and not the Wall Street Corpritocracy which is paying them.
edit on 15-12-2011 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
When these elitist scum return home on vacation, the people in their districts should drag them out of their homes, beat them within an inch of their lives, then politely ask for their resignation. Fire up the torches and gather the pitchforks. It is time.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/696a4ab3d57d.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f6aa542fd45.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Together we stand divided we fall?
On a global scale it seems?

Not a statement....i am asking if you think its a quote that fits. Globally.

Divisions, divisions in many different forms?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Here is the problem. Due to the extreme cost of running a campaign, a candidate arrives on our ballots with either a huge silver spoon up his butt, or with questionable campaign contributors backing him who will expect to be repaid when he gets in office. Thus each election cycle we are automatically presented with the lying, thieving, whore mongering Democrat candidate, or the lying, thieving, whore mongering Republican candidate. In either case these people are out of touch with their constituency from the beginning and have no intention of properly representing their interests. They will represent their political party and those who contributed the most to their campaign.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I cannot actually believe this passed. Once the word gets out to the people, it's really going to get ugly, with me right beside them.

I mean damn, at this point right now we are no better than the Nazi's.

Well, time to get guns and ammo because it's on

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
How about we take all our money from the the banks, stop direct deposit, purchase no gifts for Christmas, call out from work for at least one week, DO NOT vote in any election, turn off our TV (mess up their ratings), stop going to the movies, purchase no music, stop buying mainstream newspaper and march over to DC without guns and demand a recall. After the week is done you can go back to your everyday lives. If nothing is done after that, then we do do everything listed once again but this time for 2 weeks, and after the 2 weeks are done go back to everyday lives.

If that doesn't work we do all the above mentioned for 1 month and bring our legal firearms with us (not for offense but for defense). If you have a brother, sister, cousin or any family member currently serving in the military or police force, inform them of the bill and ask them to stand beside you.
edit on 15-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Your point iswell taken and understood.

This is why I spoke of our getting united and staying united until those who would seek these offices learn who they work for.

I purposely did not say it would be quick or easy.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Take the RED PILL!

You were lied to, you were stolen from, you had your future taken away, some of it is your own cross to bear, some of it was not. An artificial system cannot be sustained indefinitely, a Lie is a Lie. Those treacherous parasites have committed a grave and treasonous act upon the Constitution of the United States, The world, and Her beloved citizens. The very demon we had fought in WW-II the US has now become. This time, it is to support a delusion in the name of outright GREED and deception for selfish gain. They had sacrificed you and yours to their satanic god the Allmighty US Dollar. From time to time the Tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants.. How far will you let it go? Will you in cowardice decide that the eventual mass exterminations are OK until they come for you and cower in fear turning on everyone to save your own skin, or will you decide such grievous acts are morally reprehensible in the eyes of God and fight for justice? Will you be willing to die in the name of god? That is the test...

Hmm... Am I now on the red list?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What many appear to not grasp is everything done from 9-11 forward has been about Conquest, Global Dominance and here at home protecting those who were doing it from its own people:

edit on 15-12-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Let's pause for a moment of reality check.

1. I do believe ALL sane humans can agree that terrorism is wrong, more so when it seeks to annihilate innocents.

2. I do believe ALL sane humans can agree that terrorists can be anyone hidden amongst us, citizens or foreigners.

3. I do bellieve ALL sane humans can agree that terrorists MUST be stopped before they commit their murders.

4. I do believe ALL sane humans will NEVER DENY fair trial to any human, even if they wish murder upon innocents.

SO far, many sane people can thus stand upon the common ground that Terrorism kills, and can be anyone in our midst, even citizens.

BUT how do we reconcile agreement point 3 with point 4?

The solution is to incarcerate those SUSPECTED of terrorist activities - with evidences built up over time through meticulous investigations with court orders, as the authorities had done in past, and then subject them to more interrogation with more time so that more, such as their network, can be revealed, and if they are indeed innocent, then free them.

We live in a far different time than our religious prostestant forefathers did during the enlightened age. Today, we had witness a far more sinister and darker side of some humans, whom will not hesitate to kill innocents and themselves, an evil that our ancestors would never had done. They only time they would sacrifice themselves was to save innocent lives, never to kill them.

A different age would require a different response, espacially when INNOCENT LIVES are at stake. I would rather trust my faith in humanity that we would be able to differentiate between

peaceful protests/demostrations or even armed conflict against outright tyranny - those whom seek to legally kill innocent us,

- from those whom seek to protect us against those that seek to kill innocents.

edit on 15-12-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

We live in a far different time than our religious prostestant forefathers did during the enlightened age. Today, we had witness a far more sinister and darker side of some humans, whom will not hesitate to kill innocents and themselves, an evil that our ancestors would never had done. They only time they would sacrifice themselves was to save innocent lives, never to kill them.

A different age would require a different response, espacially when INNOCENT LIVES are at stake. I would rather trust my faith in humanity that we would be able to differentiate between

peaceful protests/demostrations or even armed conflict against outright tyranny - those whom seek to legally kill innocent us,

- from those whom seek to protect us against those that seek to kill innocents

This is a joke right? I didn't notice the /sarcasm at the end. Please tell me this is a joke.

edit on 15-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Home grown terrorism is no more prevalent than car accidents, physician malpractice, political corruption, pedophile clergymen, and many other ills in our society. I am more afraid of the homegrown terrorists that are known as our government than I am of any other terrorists. Beat the people down enough and even the most docile among them will be known as terrorists.........or freedom fighters.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
As an active member of our Armed Forces I can GARAUNTEE YOU that if POTUS decides he's going to set martial law and order me to start arresting citizens - I as will many of my shipmates tell him pointedly to "F" Off. We defend the constitution as written not this crap they think they're going to get away with.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is terrible, and a sad day in this country, which has finally become Amerika. I thought it was funny that there were people who actually thought that Our Grand Father Obama was threatening to veto this bill. He was, but not because he dissapproved of its contents.

He was going to veto it if Congress took away these powers, which he claims he already has. BS. A big steaming pile. They are pushing us too far, and this is just the beginning of a long line of abuses and usurpations. Do they think we don't care because they mainly have Muslims down in Cuba?

Well they would be wrong. It isn't that we necessarily "care" about the people in there as much as we care about the freedoms and liberties being stripped from former American citizens. Welcome to the Amerikan Western Bloc.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Home grown terrorism is no more prevalent than car accidents, physician malpractice, political corruption, pedophile clergymen, and many other ills in our society. I am more afraid of the homegrown terrorists that are known as our government than I am of any other terrorists. Beat the people down enough and even the most docile among them will be known as terrorists.........or freedom fighters.

NVM - I misread your post. You are absolutely right!

Second
edit on 15-12-2011 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Perhaps then, more thought should be put into that law with regards to who is to be defined as 'suspected terrorist', such as having an independent trusted oversight committee to review such cases, regardless if foreign or citizen, before unlimited incarceration takes place?.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Well, if we still HAVE elections, these folks will not get a single vote, as long as we keep their traitor names out there.....but, you folks who advocate taking to the streets...well...that is what this settup is about.....they will then arrest you,. and put you anywhere they want...and you will not have a lawyer or a phonecall....you will just be gone....this will take much more than a few angry people....and this and its obvious follow up...will ignite the second revolution.....they are now precisely who the declaration if Independence tells us to remove....oh, and we will....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I do in fact NOT AGREE with you and consider you an example of one of the brainwashed.

Let me ask you a question Mister, what is the difference between a lone bomber killing innocent people and a government's military killing innocent people.

You are not just on a slippery slope, you're in a full blown slide.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join