Let's pause for a moment of reality check.
1. I do believe ALL sane humans can agree that terrorism is wrong, more so when it seeks to annihilate innocents.
2. I do believe ALL sane humans can agree that terrorists can be anyone hidden amongst us, citizens or foreigners.
3. I do bellieve ALL sane humans can agree that terrorists MUST be stopped before they commit their murders.
4. I do believe ALL sane humans will NEVER DENY fair trial to any human, even if they wish murder upon innocents.
SO far, many sane people can thus stand upon the common ground that Terrorism kills, and can be anyone in our midst, even citizens.
BUT how do we reconcile agreement point 3 with point 4?
The solution is to incarcerate those SUSPECTED of terrorist activities - with evidences built up over time through meticulous investigations with
court orders, as the authorities had done in past, and then subject them to more interrogation with more time so that more, such as their network, can
be revealed, and if they are indeed innocent, then free them.
We live in a far different time than our religious prostestant forefathers did during the enlightened age. Today, we had witness a far more sinister
and darker side of some humans, whom will not hesitate to kill innocents and themselves, an evil that our ancestors would never had done. They only
time they would sacrifice themselves was to save innocent lives, never to kill them.
A different age would require a different response, espacially when INNOCENT LIVES are at stake. I would rather trust my faith in humanity that we
would be able to differentiate between
peaceful protests/demostrations or even armed conflict against outright tyranny - those whom seek to legally kill innocent us,
- from those whom seek to protect us against those that seek to kill innocents.
edit on 15-12-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)