It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDAA/S.1867 passes the house

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If obama doesnt veto this it looks like a lot of people will be buying AK-47's for christmas.

Its practically a death sentence for obama if he doesnt, it will tick a lot of people off and the republicans will easily use this against him.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I said the other day nothing surprises me in the NFL and now nothing surprises me whats happenening in Washington total disgrace for what they did. They complalin about spending and i remember the speech that Obama would veto any military spending bill another lie by the way. I wish nothing but the best to my Fellow Americans

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I'm disappointed with your OP. How about the full names, office addresses, personal address, telephone numbers, and emails?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
it's a totally insane over-reaction to the threat. (terrorism)

in the UK you could be held for 28 days without charge. The security services wanted it increased to 90 days which caused uproar and now its been reduced to 14 days.

its also been deemed unlawful to detain foreign nationals without charge for longer than this period which wasnt the case before. There was legal reviews into it and the judges did a good job heres what they said.

96. This is a nation which has been tested in adversity, which has survived physical destruction and catastrophic loss of life. I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive Al-Qaeda. The Spanish people have not said that what happened in Madrid, hideous crime as it was, threatened the life of their nation. Their legendary pride would not allow it. Terrorist violence, serious as it is, does not threaten our institutions of government or our existence as a civil community.

97. I said that the power of detention is at present confined to foreigners and I would not like to give the impression that all that was necessary was to extend the power to United Kingdom citizens as well. In my opinion, such a power in any form is not compatible with our constitution. The real threat to the life of the nation, in the sense of a people living in accordance with its traditional laws and political values, comes not from terrorism but from laws such as these. That is the true measure of what terrorism may achieve. It is for Parliament to decide whether to give the terrorists such a victory.

edit on 15-12-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i'm so disappointed that i have no words to describe how i'm feeling. our government's been using fear tactics for the longest time but this really takes the cake. how can this bill pass? i realize this idiots didn't read what the patriot act was about when they signed the bill, could they have made the same mistake with 1867? i doubt it, something fishy's going on and it's going on under the radar. war on terror is such bull#. the true terrorists are the ones in the office.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Question : What is happening to this country?

Answer : "The Israelization of America!"

Source : prorevnews.blogspot.com...

F.T.G.

edit on 15-12-2011 by seasoul because: Ron Paul represents truth!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
If obama doesnt veto this it looks like a lot of people will be buying AK-47's for christmas.

Its practically a death sentence for obama if he doesnt, it will tick a lot of people off and the republicans will easily use this against him.

unfortunately, there is a lot of alleged pure-blooded-mericans supporting this bill. i've read in some other message boards where these idiots say stuff like, "well long as you don't have any ties with al-qaeda, this bill shouldn't concern you." or "this is to protect us from them terrorists so i support it 100%" or "i trust the intelligent good people that vote for this bill" or "you must be a terrorist if you fear this bill." sadly, uninformed imbeciles outnumber people like us.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Stryc9nine

There's more than you think, they're literally waiting for the "last straw" this and the other bill could be it for a lot of real patriots.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

According to this article, firearm sales are way up this holiday season.
sacramento.cbslocal.com...

Seems people are waking up and realizing that these are the best "toys" to give this year as well as the most useful in the weeks ahead.
edit on 15-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is a complete outrage and for that matter its sad that our once great nation has come to this. Being a father of 5 it truly makes me sick at my stomache to know that the American dream has turned into a nightmare, our children don't have a snowballs chance in hell if we don't fix this broken system and fast. I can remember when I was growing up how on the cowboy movies it you were shot in the foot you died lol they didn't show blood and Gore like todays movies and there was absolutely no cursing and now with all the junk out there the govt has successfully desensitized everyone in some way or form so that all the bloodshed that has happened and IMO if mass killing of protesters does happen everyone is so desensitized it won't cause the a good portion of the public to react cause they are so used to it already. Something has to be done or by the time everyone knows what's going on we will wake up one morning to find that we are under a dictator and my personal opinion there will be a holocaust that would make Hitler look like a good guy. I hope we can all stand United and fix the damage before its too late.
Be safe everyone and thanks.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Anyone who supported or voted for this bill and the President should all be branded as traitors to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. They should be dealt with as such by the populus before the country sinks into a state of civil war. I hope the White House lawn has some strong trees to cope with the numbers. But this is exactly what the robbing bankster globalists want - civil war to erupt. Now we know what all the FEMA camps and large black coffins are really for. No one will escape. America - Land of the free has become a very sad joke!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
Can someone please quote the specific text that allows for indefinite detention of American citizens? I'm looking at the revised bill that passed and I all I see is language that excludes Americans citizens.

From H.R. 1450, section 1032:

This is what I found looking through the bill. Unless someone provides text from the bill that proves this is an evil bill, I think that the only people who should be scared of it are terrorists.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if it's for "American" citizens, or whoever.

The point is, it's wrong. It's a violation of our constitution, regardless. It's an inhumane bill, and whether or not it's for "us" or "them" (There really is no distinction, and there's no such thing as Al Qaeda), the problem is that stuff like this is getting passed without question.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
violence will not solve anything that's exactly what they want... non-compliance and keep spreading the word about Ron Paul.. this bill may be designed to try to cause a reaction among us that know... once that reaction happens then they enforce the bill.. the people can beat law enforcement easily yes.. but not the U.S military... i dont care how many guns you have you cannot beat helicopters and jets and drones... also i liked the idea of getting info on the ones that voted for the bill...this is where anonymous should be jumping in.. but don't play into there hand.. problem reaction solution thats there game.. problem is the bill and they are hoping we react to it with rioting etc.. then the solution will enforcing the very bill the people are rioting againts.. lol genius
edit on 15-12-2011 by freepatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The war is over...

Welcome home.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well stop talking and do something about it LOL

www.thepetitionsite.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I am thinking NOW is the time to impliment that provision in our bill of rights, called the 2nd Amendment. Time to dismantle our present form of Goverment and start from scratch. We all now are terrorist's. In one form or another.

Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves, look out for a new Virginia earthquake.......

We have the arms, we have the people, we have our rights. We lack the testicles to do anything. It's really sad, our country gone to hell in a hand basket and we sit and watch and write on here how we feel... Cowards each & every one of us who do nothing....

Come to my home & try your new Government feces and see if that terrorist label you put on me is correct. My home, my arms, my rights as an American citizen, I'll protect them till my hand looks like my avatar....... Then you can come & take them.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Well stop talking and do something about it LOL

www.thepetitionsite.com...

That's right!

Stop talking and send a petition.

Stop talking and write a letter to your congressman.

Stop talking and wave an American flag.

Stop talking and say the pledge of allegience.

Stop talking and line up at the nearest FEMA camp for processing and showers.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The Supreme Court should take this up immediately, it is a clear violation of the Constitution. All those who voted for
it should be tried for treason.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
On the other hand this may help Ron Paul's election, he could win on this point alone

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join