It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The danger of wearing amulets and purchasing antique mystical objects

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Interesting.

I once had the chance to talk to two women who'd had a life-changing UFO experience together one night. When I asked them what their day had been like before the incident, they said it was just a normal day, they'd been out shopping together. They'd passed a jewellery stall and they both bought an identical turquoise stone on a black thong to wear around their necks. They were both wearing them that night too.

The reason that stuck with me is because I read a theory somewhere many years ago that some people who have UFO experiences have something NEW with them at the time.

edit on 15-12-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xen0m0rpH
I have only ever experienced 2 objects that I believe to have had something odd about them.
One is a Guardian Angel prayer keepsake made from some sort of metal. I found it and it's disappeared from time to time only to pop up when I least expect it.
The second was a doll I borrowed from a girl friend. If anything I've ever had was paranormal, it would be that.
However, I challenge any claims to "djinn" and other "curses" and "enchantments" of any nature.
I actually want to one day hunt down "cursed" items to see if they do anything.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Xen0m0rpH because: spelling

Interesting.
Yeah, I once found a copper plaque or plate in nepal with some inscriptions in sanskrit,
but it just disappeared after a couple of months. The following were the inscriptions, wonder
if some1 on here can decipher. Yes some bad things did happen. Here it is

Om Pa Om
Aa Sa Ta
Om Ra Om

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
I'd probably get minus-stars for this post if they existed but I have to say it's amazing to think that in this day and age there are still people who believe 'objects' can be cursed e.c.t

Superstition is a mind trap, just the same as religion, it's not real and anyone who thinks it is is deluding themselves. I mean no disrespect by that before someone uses the 'troll' card, I know people don't like other people going against their beliefs even though those beliefs belong hundreds of years in the past when witches were being burnt for trying to cure colds e.c.t

Free your brains of superstition, people, it's not healthy and it's not real. I hope no one says to me ''how do you know it's not real?'' because if you have to ask then you won't listen to the reasons.

unless of course, it's somehow involved in quantum entanglement and other dimensional or other universes.
skeptics of our time are shooting themselves in the foot, much like the priests of knowledge of the days of galileo and copernicus. you personally need to get past your belief that everything is mundanely explained with 300 year old science and catch up to the physicists.

edit on 15-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Jinn and demons seem like they're the same thing by definition. Where do 'shadow people' exist in these definitions?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Sahabi
Why do people obey authority figures? Why does electricity, microwaves, x-rays, and radio signals obey humans and our technology?

Not everyone obeys authority figures. That's why there are prisons. But some do obey because they respect the laws, or they don't want to go to prison/jail/be punished.

Why does electricity, microwaves, x-rays, and radio signals obey us? That is a strange question. Most of that deals with the laws of physics. Now, do you think those things obey humans? Ok, try this, take a nice warm bath, plug in a hair dryer and turn it on. Next, drop the hair dryer in the bath with you, but tell the electricity to obey you and not kill you. Just kidding, don't try that.

No, those things don't obey us. We have learned about them and figured out how to use them to our advantage. Mind you, these things can kill you if you use them incorrectly.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

Finally, some common sense in this thread... good job Hydro!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I purchased a meteorite amulet that had an Opal added to the metal surround off EBay many years back. Whenever I wore it i became very very tired.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
About...The danger of wearing amulets and purchasing antique mystical objects

consider that old even antique items...or perhaps ancient relics

were at one time exposed to epidemics like the Black Plague, and the Spanish Flu last century

who is to say that a locket remained sealed or unopened since the 1900s
and the locket has a small piece of fabric that had some spittle on it from the Flu
~would the dormant flu become activated in the air & moisture of a 2012 opening?

might an ancient book also harbor a preserved flea that carried the Plague?

unseen, dried blood on a stick-pin

the possibilities are almost endless..if you are attracted to fatalistic relics, icons, mystical objects,,,

there may be dangerous yet practical associations attached to the item(s) and they only need 'triggered'
and perhaps you are the one 'fated' or 'destined' to be touched from beyond-the-grave

~doom music, here: tunein.com...
(SomaFM: Doomed - Dark industrial/ambient music for tortured souls)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If you believe it then yes it is real and can have bad effects on you. Belief is very strong and as time passes what you wish believe hard will somehow influence your health and future.

How ever i do not buy into this demon attaching to objects... but if you believe it... if that makes you happy i dont care. Also referring to your religious book isn't good referencing to prove a point, anyone can write and edit a book.

Have no fear of your imaginations.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyTripp
Jinn and demons seem like they're the same thing by definition. Where do 'shadow people' exist in these definitions?
You're asking me? What is a shadow person? Do they have the same form as a regular person, just in shadow? If so, why?
edit on 15-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Gurus, shamen, yogis, monks, Buddhists, have all illustrated and taught how to reach transcendental states of consciousness and how to master mind over body. Spiritualism is real whether you believe so or not. Just as with sports, only a lucky few are natural-born prodigies... all others have to learn, be coached, and dedicate energy and time to acquiring athletic skills. This is the same with the spiritual, metaphysical, ethereal practitioner. Spiritualism is a science of the 'unseen'.
So, I suppose we could test this and prove it to be real? I wonder why none of these people take James Randi on his offer? He will award 1 million dollars to anyone who can prove the supernatural to be real. No one has been able to do so.

I have the ability to walk to your house to visit you. I also have the ability to 'summon' you via telephone or Internet messenging systems. Demons come and go as they want, but a knowledged practitioner can also summon them.
I guess my next question is, what is a demon/jinn, and where did they come from, and what is their purpose?

If you pick up a phone and dial the right numbers I can appear either by audio communication, text messaging, or by video chat. Does this sound silly? It probably did a few hundred years ago. As I said, 'magik' is science that the ignorant do not understand.
And with science, you can prove things. So, prove this magik science to me. Show me that it is real. Or, show James Randi and claim your 1,000,000 dollars.

Can a slave be greater than his master? Can a master be greater than his slave? The answer to these and your question is "Yes."
If the slave is greater than his master, why is he a slave?

The Law of Conservation of Energy says that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only converted to other states. Bio-electrical and chemical energy courses through the human body. When a person is sacrificed to a demon, this bio-electrical and chemical energy within the human is not destroyed, by "consumed" by the demon. Massive amounts of energy is put-out by emotions. This is measurable by blood pressure, chemical and stress levels, and neurological activity. Demons also feed off of the energy produced by lower vibrational emotions such as fear, anger, and hate.
How does a demon consume energy again? What does it gain by doing this?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarBoy
If you believe it then yes it is real and can have bad effects on you. Belief is very strong and as time passes what you wish believe hard will somehow influence your health and future.
Believing in something does NOT make it real, but yes your beliefs can have bad effects on you.

For example, my mother-in-law is a devout christian. Her youngest daughter is a lesbian. She told her lesbian daughter and her girlfriend that they were going to go to hell if they don't change. It has had bad effects on the both of them and strained their relationship. My sister-in-law's girlfriend won't even come visit them anymore. Could you imagine your parents telling you that you're going to spend your eternal life being tortured in fire forever because you love someone whom you shouldn't?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

So, I suppose we could test this and prove it to be real? I wonder why none of these people take James Randi on his offer? He will award 1 million dollars to anyone who can prove the supernatural to be real.
reply to post by Hydroman

well, that all depends. can randi describe "supernatural"? if he can't describe it, then it isn't likely he'd recognize if he saw it. if his description is invisible spaghetti monsters and so forth, then perhaps he's prejudiced his experiment before he started it in the first place.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
unless of course, it's somehow involved in quantum entanglement and other dimensional or other universes.
skeptics of our time are shooting themselves in the foot, much like the priests of knowledge of the days of galileo and copernicus. you personally need to get past your belief that everything is mundanely explained with 300 year old science and catch up to the physicists.

edit on 15-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

Well, I for one AM caught up with the physics. I understand what the physicists and philosophers say about quantum entanglement and superposition and the many worlds interpretation and how the wavefunction operates. I even understand most of the math. Please, do not take offense here, but:

You don't.

If you did, you'd know that what you're talking about is gibberish. You seem to be operating under the new age "god in the gaps" style of thinking wherein "Anything's possible as long as you smear enough "Quantum" around!"

That isn't how entanglement works. Entanglement is fragile, for one. It's not something that can happen with a macrosopic object without extremely delicate, laboratory-grade preparation. Even then, it's not easy to do and virtually impossible to maintain for any length of time at anything like a standard room temperature.

Here's a concept from quantum physics that you really need to have under your belt if you're going to be talking about these things: quantum decoherence. Start with wikipedia and move out from there.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
well, that all depends. can randi describe "supernatural"? if he can't describe it, then it isn't likely he'd recognize if he saw it. if his description is invisible spaghetti monsters and so forth, then perhaps he's prejudiced his experiment before he started it in the first place.
If this stuff is real, then it should be provable. If it's not provable, then how do you distinguish it from something that's not real?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well, if you think your ancient amulet has a bad Jinn in it, my advise is immerse it in jello. I have heard that this will make evil Jinn ill. Of course waving the severed head of a chicken still works, as well. Where there is a will there is a way. Ancient Amulet Wearers of the world unite! Wear your amulets with pride.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

If you pick up a phone and dial the right numbers I can appear either by audio communication, text messaging, or by video chat. Does this sound silly? It probably did a few hundred years ago. As I said, 'magik' is science that the ignorant do not understand.
And with science, you can prove things. So, prove this magik science to me. Show me that it is real. Or, show James Randi and claim your 1,000,000 dollars.

Jemes randi ain't for real. His organisation go off on a tangent when you send him a mail.
Instead you start receiving mails from his organisation, asking for donations. Lol

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
Jemes randi ain't for real. His organisation go off on a tangent when you send him a mail.
Instead you start receiving mails from his organisation, asking for donations. Lol
So you've tried it?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have several rings and amulets that are supposedly haunted with spirits.

Had some strange experiences and locked them away in a wooden box...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In the secular western tradition this sort of occurrence is thought of as being the result of illnesses like as epilepsy or as a stroke. However, in other traditions it is considered to be the work of spirits and in this case a "Jinn" a demon spirit. Without making a full medical examination we cannot be sure what is going on in this particular case. I am of the opinion that the woman might be under a hypnotic influence from her own belief in magical talismans. It is therefore her own belief in the power of talismans that is psychosomatically inducing her symptoms. Thus to resolve her problem she could recieve equal and opposite hypnotic influence to remove the symptoms of "demonic possession". This appears to be what the muslim priest is attempting to do. This kind of thing is not greatly understood in the modern western tradition. Hypnotists are very expensive and are few. Hypnosis is not clearly explained by western science as it presently stands, however that might change as science progresses. My own comprehension is that spirits do exist and that spirit possession is real. In scientific terminology it is called "multidimensionality physics".

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One True God. Her names are many but she be the one true God there be no other God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright NGL(c)2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

VAMPIRE

SHIMONO

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 15/12/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have had very negative experiences with crystals, seem to be very sensitive to them, I have been watching this topic and I don't believe I have heard anyone mention the word energy, that can attach itself to an object like a crystal and stored.

The negative or positive energy comes from anyone that has handled it,

Mesopotamian curse inscribed on a bowl
books.google.com... C15t9PWI8F3V4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=7wvqTuG_N8Tr0gG4873VCQ&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=Mesopotamian%20curse%20inscribed%20on%20a%20bowl&f=false

Do I believe we have power, yes without a shadow of a doubt, I have seen it work with my own eyes, can we instil this negative or positive energy for good or for evil, yes, .

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join