It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The danger of wearing amulets and purchasing antique mystical objects

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
The incantations and rites were developed over time through using tools such as the Key of Solomon, the Lesser Key of Solomon, the Enochian books, and then there are other tomes out there passed down from teacher to student, as well as the best way, that of spoken word.
And why do the Jinn care what incantations or rites say? Why does it make them be bound? Why don't they just say "No, I'm a big boy and I don't have to listen to you" instead of complying and making themselves be bound to an object, however that works?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by daaskapital
Well, i guess they could go to a city lol, i' not sure why they wouldn't. But in Arab mythology, they are said to roam the desert
Cool, then I don't have any roaming where I live. But, isn't there lots of desert in the Middle East? I wonder why Jinn don't want to roam in Hawaii?

Muslims believe the Jinns share this world with us, I don't think they only live in the desert. They also believe there are good and bad Jinns, but trying to contact one is wrong. They believe the Jinn comes from a smokeless flame that is invisible to the human eyes.

The word Jinn come from an arabic word meaning "hide/hidden"

That's what they are basically.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Muslims believe the Jinns share this world with us, I don't think they only live in the desert. They also believe there are good and bad Jinns, but trying to contact one is wrong. They believe the Jinn comes from a smokeless flame that is invisible to the human eyes.

The word Jinn come from an arabic word meaning "hide/hidden"

That's what they are basically.

So, pretty much they are invisible beings. Where does this smokeless flame come from exactly?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That's pretty obvious, that's because they are British Muslims. And her accent is hard to understand because she's from North England somewhere.

Sorry, not obvious to me. They sound like Arabs who are speaking english.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Hydroman

Yeah, they do have a pretty big playground to play in over there. If Jinns are real, which i am inclined to believe, considering the history and culture of the Middle East is one of the oldest, then i wonder why none of the Allied Soldiers (US, Canada, Australia etc) have reported sights. I would have though considering they are out there in the desert day in day out

Because humans cannot see them. In my previous post I said the name Jinn mean's "hide/hidden"

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yeah, they do have a pretty big playground to play in over there. If Jinns are real, which i am inclined to believe, considering the history and culture of the Middle East is one of the oldest, then i wonder why none of the Allied Soldiers (US, Canada, Australia etc) have reported sights. I would have though considering they are out there in the desert day in day out

Because humans cannot see them. In my previous post I said the name Jinn mean's "hide/hidden"

Ah cool, thanks for the clear up

If i was a Jinn, i would still screw around with their stuff though, just to have fun lol

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

If you were wandering about aimlessly in the desert without a place to rest at all, with nothing to entertain or humor you but the occasional insect wouldn't you jump at the chance for a vacation? Look at it this way, you can wander on in solitude ( which does get boring as hell, after a while) or you can piddle about and cause some stuff to happen without being held liable for your actions. You know that any time humans are involved, there's going to be drama ( curse him, her, them), humor ( greed, lust, avarice) and countless ways to cause mischief and mayhem and why? Because some stupid mortal invited you to the party. Its like the gazelle inviting the tiger over for dinner!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

That's pretty obvious, that's because they are British Muslims. And her accent is hard to understand because she's from North England somewhere.

Sorry, not obvious to me. They sound like Arabs who are speaking english.

Well for me I sense that the woman and the black guy have a British accent, although the woman might have a slight arab accent mixed in there, the arab man has an arab accent, didn't mean to appear arrogant, sorry.

edit on 14-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

If we can't see them, how do you detect them?

Next, why can they see us? Do they have eyeballs like we have? If so, are their eyeballs connected to a brain which interprets the visual signals? Do they have the same features as humans, if not, what is their true form? If you know that answer, how do you know since you can't see them? If you don't know the answer, how do you really know anything about Jinn? How does anyone know anything about Jinn?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Jinn are the Islamic equivalent to demons. The fallen ones... those of the kind of Shaytan, Iblis, Satan.

The woman in the video is under demonic possession.... creepy.

In Islam, it is said that humans are made from mud and clay. Angels are made from light. Jinn are made of smokeless fire. Jinn have the ability to shape-shift into animals, remain invisible, or show their true form. They are said to whisper ideas of sin and back-sliding into the ears and hearts of mankind.

edit on 12/14/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

OOOHHH, sorry this is a little off topic, I just had no clue what Immortal Technique was talking about in this one verse:
"I'm Mars Ultor, the avenger, the god of war
And if you don't believe in me, I doubt you believe in God at all
I breathe smokeless fire, the gin(nope, JINN) type
That'll make you hate the way that Allah made you to live life"

LOL - the lyrics online are wrong, mistake makes since since "gin" burns smokeless

Verse makes much more sense now.

Btw this song is "black vikings" from the free The Martyr album by Immortal Technique.
edit on 14-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
If you were wandering about aimlessly in the desert without a place to rest at all, with nothing to entertain or humor you but the occasional insect wouldn't you jump at the chance for a vacation? Look at it this way, you can wander on in solitude ( which does get boring as hell, after a while) or you can piddle about and cause some stuff to happen without being held liable for your actions. You know that any time humans are involved, there's going to be drama ( curse him, her, them), humor ( greed, lust, avarice) and countless ways to cause mischief and mayhem and why? Because some stupid mortal invited you to the party. Its like the gazelle inviting the tiger over for dinner!
So do these things have the same emotions as humans? Why can't they rest in the desert? Don't wondering nomads live in the desert? If so, why can't Jinn? Again, why do they feel like they need to wonder the desert? Why not go to the city? Why not go watch a movie? Why not go to the moon? Mars? Why walk the desert and get "bored"?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Well for me I sense that the woman and the black guy have a British accent, although the woman might have a slight arab accent mixed in there, the arab man has an arab accent, didn't mean to appear arrogant, sorry.

Not a problem.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I figure the reason Jinns etc exist is becuase there's a lot of crazy substances in the world ! also the sufi's can get high just by having a good old sing song and dance. Then, of course there's always the downright deranged.

Only kind of jewelry that's dangerous is the stuff made out of uranium

(sure you knew that already, you're being too subtle for this lot)
edit on 14-12-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Why do people obey authority figures? Why does electricity, microwaves, x-rays, and radio signals obey humans and our technology?

Not everyone obeys authority figures. That's why there are prisons. But some do obey because they respect the laws, or they don't want to go to prison/jail/be punished.

Why does electricity, microwaves, x-rays, and radio signals obey us? That is a strange question. Most of that deals with the laws of physics. Now, do you think those things obey humans? Ok, try this, take a nice warm bath, plug in a hair dryer and turn it on. Next, drop the hair dryer in the bath with you, but tell the electricity to obey you and not kill you. Just kidding, don't try that.

No, those things don't obey us. We have learned about them and figured out how to use them to our advantage. Mind you, these things can kill you if you use them incorrectly.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

You've just answered your own questions about controllig and evoking demons

edit on 12/14/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Well that's a lot of questions lol, I'm no expert, I've just read a little about them. If you really want answers look at history and stories about them. There is no 100% proof of them, it is a belief that people have.

By the way they believe that the devil is also Jinn, the devil wasn't the only Jinn around, they are similar to humans, with freewill and they reproduce. The devil chose to rebel, and so they live here with us humans on earth as a result, if I recall correctly.

There are also stories of Solomon being able to command Jinns to do his bidding, since he has the ability to talk to them.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You've just answered your own questions about demons
I did? Could you be more specific? Demons obey the laws of physics, or you don't want to put a demon the tub with you, or what?

You said that those things obey us, and I said no they don't, they obey the laws of physics.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You've just answered your own questions about demons
I did? Could you be more specific? Demons obey the laws of physics, or you don't want to put a demon the tub with you, or what?

You said that those things obey us, and I said no they don't, they obey the laws of physics.

You answered your own question in the fact that Demons generally do not obey the rules set our for them, thus when someone summons one, they get screwed over

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

By the way they believe that the devil is also Jinn, the devil wasn't the only Jinn around, they are similar to humans, with freewill and they reproduce.

Jinn can reproduce? So they have sexual reproductive organs? I guess that's be rough having sex in the desert sand. How long is the femal Jinn menstrual gestation period? How many terms are there pregnancies, and for how long? Do they have Jinn hospitals where they birth their baby Jinn, or do they push them out naturally?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well lets see... considering if they are as old as creation as is hinted at in John Dee's books, ( I haven't had the chance to actually have tea with one of these charming devils, so forgive me if my information is a bit dry) then who says they haven't visited the moon, mars, or any other region of creation? According to the legends 'allah' cursed them to the desert, so they're pretty much stuck there unless someone can call them out, offering them a reprieve from their sentence, they're hung up in the desert like the demons are supposed to be at home in hell. In fact... Solomon was said to have called up 40 demons to help him build the tabernacle where the ark of the convenant was kept. Now, when he was done with them, he sealed them up in jars and threw them in the sea... what gratitude.
I would recommend a good juicy book on demonolatry or three for further information before tinkering with the gates of Beyond. Like fire it can serve, but destroy with the same joy.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You answered your own question in the fact that Demons generally do not obey the rules set our for them, thus when someone summons one, they get screwed over

Wait, when I first asked about them, you said "Why do we obey authority figures? Why does electricity, x-rays, etc. obey us and our technology?"

Then I gave you my answer that those things don't obey us, and that sometimes people don't obey authority, etc.
and then you said I answered my own questions about demons. I'm so confused.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join