It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FU-162? An asteroid near miss on March 31st?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I was watching some highlights from Countdown with Keith Olberman on MSNBC.com and he had a short blurb about an asteroid that passed us a short while ago name, oddly enough, FU-162.

It passed by us by about 4500 miles on March 31st. Keith mentioned that it would have had an impact/force close to a Nuclear Bomb.

Anyway, I don't remember hearing anything at all about this.

Here's the link: video.msn.com...,5e009960-48e5-47a0-8576-7770e734a5c2,62378dec-21db-4afa-8f76-d68b6de855d6,919e dacc-e319-4e0e-9e3c-fe95ad9901c1&p=hotvideo_hotcontentlist&m=News&mi=NBC%20News

You might have to play around a bit on the video page to get to the short, it's under Peculiar Postings on the left hand column. When the thumbnails pop up you should see one that, well, looks like an asteroid heading towards earth. The asteroid or meteor or whatever part is after the girl getting hit by the water balloon and the people eating lobsters.

Keith mentioned there was only a few hours warning before they saw it.

Scarry huh?

Holla

[edit on 7-9-2004 by The Big O]

[edit on 8-9-2004 by The Big O]

[edit on 8-9-2004 by The Big O]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Scary indeed, its only a matter of time before we are blindsided by one. I wonder if word would have been released about this had it been one that was going to hit us for sure?

Makes me wonder if the threat of panic would have kept governments from doing so.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Other sources say it was not a threat even if it had hit : Seven.com and Wikipedia or News24 -- I think the most amazing thing here is that astronomers actually had the fortune to see such a small object. =)

E_T

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
... that it would have had an impact/force close to a Nuclear Bomb.

Actually in class of very big tactical nuke/small strategic nuke.

Of course much would depend on composition, loose pile of sand would break so high it wouldn't cause anything at surface but solid iron ball would come down to surface.

top topics

join