It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This idea keeps popping up in my head.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hi ATS!!
. So, I was thinking about this idea to help people understand what the powers or countries around the world are doing daily. What if someone were to create a show, and on this show it had a character that represented each country and how they acted towards the rest of the world. Some characters you would only see or hear about, some would be abused, but the rest (ie USA, China, Russia, bigger countries) would constantly take the center stage and look foolish on their own.. Might be a big hit, especially if each episode was off the current news.

HBO series maybe...??

What do you say ATS? We could be the ones to control the message; which would be truth.

Obviously just an idea. It would be pretty interesting to present to citizens what the governments are truly doing without being censored, and putting it into a easier way of understanding. Thanks for reading and let me know your opinions, or additional thoughts.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Some episodes would be comical, and others sad but it would be the truth. Maybe like an innovated way of reading about world news. That way we as the people would know where we need to make a change for the better of humanity.

edit on 14-12-2011 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There's far more to world affairs than the presidents, far more than most people are able to understand. In the grand scheme of things, the presidents are rather insignificant.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Thanks for the reply Trollz. Isn't that what ats is for? To get down to the bottom\truth of things. I don't know if this should have been under a different topic. Maybe rants.. Mods feel free to move.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

It could very well make for an amusing show, I'm just saying it wouldn't necessarily be an ideal way to show the truth of world events to the public.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I like the idea. With stop motion or south park style characters you could make it in your living room. Might be a hit.........you could get rich....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Yeah you're probably right. Plus, a lot of cultures wouldn't get it. I'm guessing it would be like Jesse Ventura's show getting kicked off the air. :\

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HossBog

I was going to say something like the Simpsons, or Family Guy

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think its a fantastic idea.

If done well it could really be interesting. Rather than have presidents or leaders, you want to have personifications of the countries themselves. Like, America is a person, but not Obama.

It would be controversial and somebody would always be offended one way or another, but that's what makes for good drama. I think you should run with the idea.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

Yeah persona's was more what I was thinking. I think it would also help alleviate the situations going on around the world. Almost like a common denominator.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeenyus2008
reply to post by Never Despise

Yeah persona's was more what I was thinking. I think it would also help alleviate the situations going on around the world. Almost like a common denominator.

I love the idea! Very creative. Do it!!!
It may very well open people's eyes.
Then, for added effect... have another family on the show representing an alternate universe. Show the world how people (aka countries) ought to be; how they ought to treat each other!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Thanks for the reply New_here! I like your idea also. Although, I think with all the reality TV out this idea wouldn't sand a chance. I think a good portion of Americans (maybe just the ones that have the luxury of sitting down and watching cable TV) wouldn't want to learn, especially about politics/world news.

new topics

top topics

join