It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Napolitano: We are now under martial law. Everyone in this country is now a potential terroris

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Whelp, looks like it's time to start arresting some "turrists."

*Puts on latex gloves*

Ok, whose gonna be first for a nice cavity search?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Enjoy your partisan politics while you still can, and have a nice day.

The point is that the ACLU while NOT a partisan organization is still used as a whipping boy by the right to stir up emotional reactions in their voters.

The left is just as guilty on a number of other counts but that's not what I was talking about.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
What I want to know is....who's going to arrest all the Patriotic Military members who won't go along with this insanity.

Easier said than done, is what I say.

edit on 14-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

You may be surprised, look up the Milgram experiment.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
sooo, does this mean that EVERYONE involved with the Occupy movement are deemed "terrorists"? It seems to me that is the case. If it is, look for the military to move in and implify these acts of tyranny. Scary days ahead indeed

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

This thought crossed my mind - it would be a brilliant move for someone to approach this thought and put it out there for public scrutiny. Perhaps a person with legal nouse so they can tread carefully.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

How can you be sure they are not puppets for the cabal/illuminati/whatever?
Sometimes the devil is beautiful and in plain sight.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Enjoy your partisan politics while you still can, and have a nice day.

The point is that the ACLU while NOT a partisan organization is still used as a whipping boy by the right to stir up emotional reactions in their voters.

The left is just as guilty on a number of other counts but that's not what I was talking about.

I feel sorry for the ACLU. I know, let's get them in the Christmas Spirit. Let's all send them a Christmas Card!

Send more than one if you can...they'll have to go through countless bags of mail, so they don't lose an envelope with a possible monetary donation.

Mail Christmas Cards to:

ACLU, The American Civil Liberties Union
125 Broad Street, 18th. Floor
New York, NY 10004

I know it was the best 44 cents I've spent all year.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So, I wonder if being Conspiracy Theorist or just someone who looks for alternative news can then make that person subject to arrest. Imagine getting arrested just for visiting ATS...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Just another hyperbolic fear-mongering statement from another FOX idiot.

No more than that.

Riiiiiiight. Napolitano is the only sane one at Fox News.

And he's right. If S1867 passes (and it will) the military will be able to come in and arrest anyone without any proof without any trial and keep them in jail forever.

That's called MARTIAL LAW.

Didn't a bunch of military folk just get brought back from some war somewhere with a lot of free time on their hands and bleak job opportunities here in the States???

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
When do you know you're in trouble?

When you visited the constitution, found yourself arrested then thrown in jail for suspicion of reading and while waiting for the hearing you expect that never comes, find yourself playing poker with a card in your hand with your face on it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hello people of America - what did your forefathers do when the tyrants of old pulled this sort of prank?

I think it happened in 1776.

Could you look them in the eye now and not feel ashamed and embarrassed?

Would they weep for you now, seeing the great country they set up now in ruins and owned and controlled by foreign bankers?

I pity you - because when you lost your freedom, you also seem to have lost your back bones.

IT IS BETTER TO FIGHT ON YOUR FEET THAN TO LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
How many Americans are debating this issue, actually... few of them on ATS? This will have no effect whatsoever. On the other hand, this whole thing you, guys, are so worried about is happening for years and years; now your representatives are only bring it up officially.
USA is having secret detention centers all around the world, owned by CIA; there are tons of proofs out there. How many American citizens may be already detained there for years, without you even know it? So this whole hysteria about making official something which is happening since years ago is futile.

Relax a bit and think. Do you think your government needed this law to intercept your phones and emails, and to keep American citizens under constant surveillance? Nah... Do you think they really needed this to grab you off of the street and throw you in a cell somewhere in God knows which detention center, under some more or less real accusations of terrorism? Again, no. They could do it and they did it long time ago.

IMO, USA is pretty much like the former USSR, from a point of view: it's a very big country, with lots of people, many of them owning guns - which didn't was the case in USSR - and to keep a country like that from going awry you need fear. This is how our sick society works. You're not obeying laws because you like them, you're obeying laws because you fear the consequences. Human nature at its best, hah!

I saw posts where the actual state in the US is compared to the Nazi regime in '33; that's a huge mistake. Those who are claiming this, do yourself a favor and get informed, okay? Nothing hurts more than ignorance. America today is merely a fascist state, from a point of view: the corporations and the government are deeply interconnected, maybe they are one. That's the reality.

And this whole thing with Ron Paul... I don't know the guy, maybe he's a good guy, with good intentions, but the way that his name is put up whenever your government is doing something ugly, smells bad to me. "For every bad thing there's a solution: Ron Paul!". Call me paranoid but at my age, I refuse to believe the myth of the Our-Shiny-New-Superhero-Who-Could-Solve-All-Our-Problems...
... since when the President of the United States is actually ruling the United States?

Don't be naive, guys... if the State wants you on your belly, you will adopt that posture in a snap, despite of the declarations "I'll grab my gun and blow some heads off!" You'll grab nothing.

Understand me correctly: I am not a troll or a disinfo agent, but I'm trying to see the "real reality", which can be a difficult thing in this twisted world we're living.

And one more thing: what makes you think that if USA is having the right to arrest, kidnap and detain foreign citizens in their own country, makes the same right over American citizens WRONG?

Live well...
edit on 16-12-2011 by shansen because: content added

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

TWITTER is NOT a news outlet to be trusted...same goes for Facebook, Myspace, Foursquare, etc. They are all useful tools for staying in touch with your friends...and can be used to spread fear and mislead the ignorant masses. Please read the FACTS below in a letter I received the other day from my state senator after I wrote a length letter regarding S.1867.

Dear Friend:
Thank you for contacting me regarding the new provisions for detainees proposed in Sections 1031 and 1032 of S. 1253, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2012. I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Section 1031 of the NDAA establishes guidelines to allow U.S. Armed Forces to detain “covered persons” captured during hostilities as unprivileged enemy combatants, pending disposition under the laws of war. The provision defines a “covered person” as a person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. This provision also applies to individuals who support al Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners.

Section 1032 requires U.S. Armed Forces to hold in custody as an unprivileged enemy combatant any person who is a member or part of al Qaeda or an affiliated entity, and who participated in planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners. The requirement does not extend to citizens of the United States. Also, the Secretary of Defense is authorized to waive required detention.

S. 1253 has passed the Senate Armed Services Committee, and is currently awaiting consideration by the full Senate. Should this legislation be brought to the Senate floor, you may be certain that I will keep your views in mind.

I appreciate hearing from you, and I hope that you will not hesitate to contact me on any issue that is important to you.

Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
United States Senator

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Through the senate.....

Next step please.....

www.dawn.com...

www.rferl.org...

edit on 16-12-2011 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
J Are we now.. really the new Nazi G?

Edit: sure here it is! www.facebook.com...
edit on 14-12-2011 by ReadyPower because: Added a link

Afraid so.
Time for all of America zu starten verbeugen, um Ihr neues facist Herrscher
Heil Obama.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I'm sorry.....

He said what????

Holy #$%&.....

Oh, ok, it's in our best interest's right?????

www.58wchs.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

...There's not a nickle's worth of difference between the two, even adjusted for inflation.

Now the "Republicans" are running a field of neocons. Note well that at least two of their front runners are "reformed" democrats.

"Reformed" my ass. Just more of the same. Not a nickle's worth of difference.

The only choices presented by the majority parties this election cycle are what used to be called "left", but are now just more of the same. Doesn't matter which label you vote for, if you vote for either of the Big Two, you're going to be voting democrat.

Still, the labels are useful to the puppet masters to keep people divided and thinking there is some sort of difference, to keep them at one another's throats, preoccupied ("Pre -Occupied"?) and unaware of the fact that whoever they vote for, they're going to get the same damn thing.

While the chorus sings, the band will play on.

You got it! We get to choose between Republicrat A & Republicrat B. The election is all political theater, to make the majority believe we honor free elections. Both candidates are owned & operated by the same "king-makers" behind the curtain.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Mellow out or you will pay

www.youtube.com...

Zen fascists will control you
100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near
The hippies won't come back you say
Mellow out or you will pay
Mellow out or you will pay!

Now it is 1984
Knock-knock at your front door
It's the suede/denim secret police
They have come for your uncool niece

Come quietly to the camp
You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower.

DIE on organic poison gas
Serpent's egg's already hatched
You will croak, you little clown
When you mess with President Obama
When you mess with President Obama

Yeh I changed the lyrics the original line , when you mess with president brown !

edit on 16-12-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

You got it! We get to choose between Republicrat A & Republicrat B. The election is all political theater, to make the majority believe we honor free elections. Both candidates are owned & operated by the same "king-makers" behind the curtain.

Whether it's Republicrats or Demicans, both are precisely the same shade of stupid. The only reason I can find that people THINK they are different shades must be placed at the feet of a sort of "politics blindness", I suppose. People seem to think you can change a letter beside your name and entirely remake your political proclivities.

The same people are pulling the strings of both of those parties, and since it's not "WE the People", it really makes no difference at all in the final outcome. People who think otherwise are just suffering "political blindness", and can see only a letter beside a name, not the actions inherent in the individuals wielding those letters.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just a thought, and some of you may label it as moronic.. but what if Ron Paul does get nomination, and everything. And he is then deemed a terrorist and then detained? I mean the provisions already in place could basically allow individuals to streeetch it to cover whatever they need. It almost seem like the uber feinshmekers want the American constituents to start rise up and give them a real reason to crack down.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join