It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Napolitano: We are now under martial law. Everyone in this country is now a potential terroris

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
Good thing I love the United States with all my heart and mind and soul and I support what the leaders of our beautiful country do for us! These laws are meant to protect and serve the people and I am so excited for them to go into effect so that we can truly be a patriotically peaceful nation to ourselves and the world as we defend American Ideologies for all to benefit from! I TRUST THEM WITH ALL MY BEING!!!

God Bless Americans! God Bless Obama!!! God bless our Representatives!

GOD BLESS THE USA! SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!! GO GET THOSE TERRORISTS!!!

In Jesus name, AMEN...

I am safe, not sure about the rest of you guys here on ATS though...
edit on 15-12-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

Just remember what happened to this guy (Parsons - doubleplusgood) ....

"Parsons was Winston's fellow employee at the Ministry of Truth. He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms-one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended."

- George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 2

Parsons walked into the cell. He was wearing khaki shorts and a sports-shirt. This time Winston was startled into self-forgetfulness.

'YOU here!' he said.

Parsons gave Winston a glance in which there was neither interest nor surprise, but only misery. He began walking jerkily up and down, evidently unable to keep still. Each time he straightened his pudgy knees it was apparent that they were trembling. His eyes had a wide-open, staring look, as though he could not prevent himself from gazing at something in the middle distance.

'What are you in for?' said Winston.

'Thoughtcrime!' said Parsons, almost blubbering. The tone of his voice implied at once a complete admission of his guilt and a sort of incredulous horror that such a word could be applied to himself. He paused opposite Winston and began eagerly appealing to him: 'You don't think they'll shoot me, do you, old chap? They don't shoot you if you haven't actually done anything--only thoughts, which you can't help? I know they give you a fair hearing. Oh, I trust them for that! They'll know my record, won't they? YOU know what kind of chap I was. Not a bad chap in my way. Not brainy, of course, but keen. I tried to do my best for the Party, didn't I? I'll get off with five years, don't you think? Or even ten years? A chap like me could make himself pretty useful in a labour-camp. They wouldn't shoot me for going off the rails just once?'

'Are you guilty?' said Winston.

'Of course I'm guilty!' cried Parsons with a servile glance at the telescreen. 'You don't think the Party would arrest an innocent man, do you?' His frog-like face grew calmer, and even took on a slightly sanctimonious expression. 'Thoughtcrime is a dreadful thing, old man,' he said sententiously. 'It's insidious. It can get hold of you without your even knowing it. Do you know how it got hold of me? In my sleep! Yes, that's a fact. There I was, working away, trying to do my bit--never knew I had any bad stuff in my mind at all. And then I started talking in my sleep. Do you know what they heard me saying?'

He sank his voice, like someone who is obliged for medical reasons to utter an obscenity.

'"Down with Big Brother!" Yes, I said that! Said it over and over again, it seems. Between you and me, old man, I'm glad they got me before it went any further. Do you know what I'm going to say to them when I go up before the tribunal? "Thank you," I'm going to say, "thank you for saving me before it was too late."'

'Who denounced you?' said Winston.

'It was my little daughter,' said Parsons with a sort of doleful pride. 'She listened at the keyhole. Heard what I was saying, and nipped off to the patrols the very next day. Pretty smart for a nipper of seven, eh? I don't bear her any grudge for it. In fact I'm proud of her. It shows I brought her up in the right spirit, anyway.'

- George Orwell, 1984, Book 3, Chapter 1

edit: I'm sure you were just being sarcastic - hope so
- just be careful what you say in your sleep eh? Never know who's listening ...

edit on 15-12-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Welcome...

...to North Amerikorea.

We hope you enjoy your stay...indefinitely.!!

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
I like to use this bill as an example how the "Super Congress" and all the partisanship in Washington is a stage show.

>> Is it because they know something we don't -- or is it something more prosaic like; "Being worried that OWS calls for oversight means that their back-room deals with Delaware corporations might end their Gravy Trains"?
Good thing it's all LEGAL.

Well said, not just the quoted piece but your entire post.

It is also clear to me that putting the attention on a silly DRONE awakens in most Americans a patiotic feeling of 'We are up against the enemy as one brotherhood' while back at the ranch they are implementing the most devistating form of terrorism on their own.

When they persisted with something as silly as their stupid drone, making it out to be a massive problem, advertising and pushing it down your gullet, you should keep perspective and ask yourself what is ACTUALLY going on that they want to divert our attention from.

I repeat: stop worrying about that silly drone and pay attention to what is happening in your own neighbourhood. A military state is to no advantage of the people, to take away your right to a legal trial before being jailed indefinately is a massive bridge of human rights!

Those Fema camps and coffins are not just a dummy test. Life is not a dress reharsal, this is the real thing. They are blatently in your face about it, for years now, so that people can get used to it. But these things are going to operate, actively. This is evil. Utterly evil. The worst form of evil that this planet has seen in our age.

I fear for you, my American brothers and sister.

Do something!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
In order to remain in power and DEFEND our way of life in America, Congress must take these powers, to defend themselves from the people.

I'm sure the ordinance and UPC tracking of pitchforks and torches to prevent bulk buying has been put in place.

Our Government no longer has to fear the people, and I'm sure MOST of these bastards will get re-elected "Florida style." All these signatories of this bill must be Truly Relieved, and I'm guessing, there are high-fives going up at Al Qaeda central, conveniently located in Jupiter Florida half a mile from a military facility so the commute isn't so bad. They HATED us for our freedoms -- now our glorious freedom fighters have given the enemy less to hate.

In order to PROTECT America from the tyranny of terrorists, Congress has seen fit to become a tyranny.

In oder to save the Constitution, they had to burn it. Long live the Constitution!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate

Originally posted by Amanda5
I do not live in America and do not recognise some of the people mentioned in threads of a political nature. Can someone help me understand the current political situation regarding martial law.

Has martial law actually been enacted by your government?
If so - did the American people have any say in it?
If not - why not?

Judge Napolitano - supposedly not aligned with the government and trying to wake people up - how do they gain unedited air time when the media is owned and controlled by known cabal/illuminati/whatever associates?

Am interested in this American political situation because I care that people will be caught up in something that sounds quite immoral and evil - not unlike the Nazi regime - we can never go there again it would be unthinkable.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me understand.

Much Peace...

We do not have martial law in the normal sence of the phrase. Appearently there is a legal structure that is not currently connected to any enforcement agency, (Nobody can use it) but it does exsist, according to Judge Napolitano.

We americans have a say in the sence that we elect the people who made the legal structure in question, but typically we have to vote for candidates selected and financially maintained by the system. Who knows how a candidate appears on a ballot? Something to do with the system liking him or her.

judge Napolitano is consistantly reporting and commenting the infringement and abrogation of constitutional laws by the government. I don't know why. High ratings make money, some people at the top are probably constitutionalist. Maybe he's a controlled burn so that the mainstream fire will have no fuel when it gets to him.

I'm sure his airtime is not unrestricted and whatever he says is less than what could be said. That is the nature of commercial and regulated media.

Your explanation to Amanda5 was concise and well structured I thank you for it because it explained some things to me as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203
Where is the ACLU in all this???

The ACLU is on the same side as Rand Paul. They just usually don't get any publicity unless the right wing is complaining about some church/state issue.

www.thenation.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Well, the attention on the Drone is probably just more of the MEDIA keeping up ratings. Nothing keeps people glued to their TV sets better than a war, or tensions over war, or stuff blowing up.

Here's good old Russia, saying that they aren't going to be like OUR media, and showing a "Fiery Protest in Moscow" when it is actually footage from Greece; LINK

Our media is just so bad, they trail the internet blogs by at least 6 months -- longer if they can keep a lid on things. This drone just ran out of battery power -- so it fell. It wasn't off course or LEET Iranian hacking skills -- so the first few rounds of "information" from our Military was merely their reflexive "Lie on the principle that Lying is best." The Media doesn't even care to get it right -- they will of course cover the CONTROVERSY, around the various stories of the Drone -- not mentioning that it was merely bad fact-checking and printing of PR messages verbatim that created the entire CONTROVERSY.

>> The scary thing here, is that now we get news of China testing their aircraft carrier. Is it the NEXT cold war? The biggest question in my mind is; will WalMart stop importing cheap chinese goods if this goes nuclear? Great Depressions need accounts settled -- so they always can create demand by blowing things up.

The Chinese people will understand why all those years of enduring sweat shops didn't create any prosperity for THEIR family, because they will be able to see the huge, patriotic Air Craft Carrier to defend them from the evil USA -- the country they've been shipping all those sweat shop goods to for decades without an Air Craft Carrier protecting them.

The Chinese Government and the US Government and the industrial "business" of both nations are intertwined and have the same goal; "Distract the people with an external threat, so they don't notice our grip on their throats." The Patriot Act wasn't intended to defend America from some foreign radicals, it was designed to defend the Fat Cats from the Proletariat.

Whether we lose a drone or not to Iran -- what's the difference? Creating these things is all a works project to sink resource into rather than building schools. And the weapons manufacturing companies like GE and GM are setting up shop in China. You don't think GM factories in China won't know how to build the drones that GM factories in the USA know how to build?

And meanwhile, military ordinance like tanks and drones are being given to police departments all over the USA. Don't you think that a donut-stuffing cop who wants to pummel a hippy when he stops him for speeding, would rather fly a drone to drop pepper spray on crowds, or drive a tank to DEFEND the public from all the rif-raff?

The crime rate has been going down for decades now -- except on Wall Street, and Big Oil, Big War, and Big Banking. So of course, we need more cops in riot gear with flack jackets running around with commando equipment to DEFEND Democracy!

>> WE are safe from everything but the pretense of war, and the DEFENDERS of America.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
DUPLICATE
edit on 15-12-2011 by VitriolAndAngst because: Submission stalled and I had to resend.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

The ACLU is on the same side as Rand Paul. They just usually don't get any publicity unless the right wing is complaining about some church/state issue.

www.thenation.com...

Yeah, the ACLU gets nothing but flack -- and they are definitely against this bill.

What does Rush Limbaugh always complain about; The EPA, ACLU, Green Peace, and of course Unions. Which one of those got Trillion Dollar bailouts, or caused jobs to leave the country? If you have been trained in economics by the Owners of the store -- you might think he has a point.

But wake up folks -- the BIG MONEY in the media is aimed at enraging the Proletariat against anything that might help the Proletariat. You might not LIKE Trial Lawyers -- but they are the ONLY thing that can help you if a big company has harmed you -- and there is never any mention that 90% of the court cases are Business to Business turf wars.

REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT. That's what our Economic Royalists learned from the Reich.

Of course the ACLU is going to be the problem. Of course ACORN is rigging elections. Of course Green Peace is somehow stopping oil refineries from being created because the Gas companies are desperately trying to lower the price at the pump. The toothless EPA is making companies lose money -- even though profits for Fortune 500 companies are the highest in history.

REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT. Al Qaeda, Al Qaeda, ACLU, ACLU, danger, danger, danger...

... and then it is true!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Welcome...

...to North Amerikorea.

We hope you enjoy your stay...indefinitely.!!

Cosmic..

You are being to hard Cosmic, it says in the bill that "detainees will be released at the end of hostilities..."
Which, considering the War on Terror, will be two weeks after everyone on the planet declares World Peace.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

If anyone had any doubts about how corrupt our politicians are or our government is, this should dissolve any doubts. The Constitution & the Bill of Rights are obviously obsolete.

It amazes me that Obama still has supporters. According to polls, Obama has a very good chance of getting another four years.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5

Am interested in this American political situation because I care that people will be caught up in something that sounds quite immoral and evil - not unlike the Nazi regime - we can never go there again it would be unthinkable.

Dear Amanda, read "The Rise of the Fourth Reich" (2008) by Jim Marrs.

AuranVector

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Nail?
CHECK!

Coffin?
CHECK!

Hammer?
CHECK!

This was it folks.
The moment we've all been waiting for is here.

I wonder if Lady Gaga is going to ________
I can't wait to see Paris Jackson on T.V.
I feel so bad forDemi Moore after what the Kutch did to her
I think Brad should have stayed with Jen. That Angelina is no good for him.

This is what we're up against folks.
How do I know?
BECAUSE I LIVE WITH ONE!!!!!

Do you think my wife has one single clue as to what is getting passed?
Do you think she has any idea that the American people are being targeted as terrorists and can be arrested anytime for anything by an American soldier and held forever with no chrges EVER being filed?

Do you think she cares?
DO you think she's the only one??!?!?!?

Hahaha... the way that was written was funny. It does suck though.. I feel your pain. My mom is the epidemy of a sheep.

As for the wife though.. I lucked out. Her dad raised her right and she knows exactly what's up

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Screenwriters have an expression for parts of a script where information crucial to the plot is given: laying pipe. This National Defence Authorization Act Of 2012 is all about laying pipe. My guess is it will pass, and be completely forgotten about, if indeed your average citizen even cares about it now.

If economic and social breakdown ever kicks off in the US, people may decide to "rise up". The corporations don't want a US version of the Arab Spring destabilising the status quo. Protesters and political activists will be added to the "covered persons" list and hey presto! - that Orwellian nightmare is a reality. Anybody that protests or questions will be whisked away for indefinite incarceration without trial in a US forced labor camp. That is of course the current Chinese model, and let's face it... it works for them.

It's a brave new world.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

www.thenation.com...

A dig at "right wingers" and "church/state" issues all in the same breath?

See, THIS is one of the reasons I just can't get excited about this.

People on all sides of the fences are getting all up in arms about this, and well over half of them still have to hammer in a partisan gouge, just to keep the divide going, evidently not realizing that they aren't going to get a damn thing done about it by maintaining their State-mandated divisions. Rather than banding together in a coordinated effort on their agreements, they simply MUST keep that division going.

You people are doomed. If not this, then something else.

I'm going to sit back and watch.

While I'm sitting back watching, I'll just wait until someone shout the obligatory "WAKE UP!" at me. When they do, it will be because they are themselves talking in their sleep.

ETA: Probably my favorite of all are the people decrying Judge Napolitano, who is AGREEING with them, because he's on Fox News, that notorious bastion of fascist bias, home of the original jack-booted thug, and all that other happy horse crap.

Conflicted much?

See a shrink.

edit on 2011/12/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
We were never not under martial law:

Respect for its authority, compliance with its laws, acquiescence in its measures, are duties enjoined by the fundamental maxims of true liberty. The basis of our political systems is the right of the people to make and to alter their constitutions of government. But the constitution which at any time exists till changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole people is sacredly obligatory upon all. The very idea of the power and the right of the people to establish government presupposes the duty of every individual to obey the established government.”

George the tyrant Washington telling us to obey or else and we should like it because the mob rules and tough if you dont like it.

This nation was free for all of a week before it collapsed into tyranny.

We like to act shocked when things like this happen but the truth is that this new tyranny we see is just more of the same.

"martial law" is using the military to impose and enforce civilian law. We have never been "under martial law" except I believe during a period of the 1860's civil war. Alot of the ground work was established under "stimpy jr". ( Bush jr.)(i.e. patriotact/military comissions acts)Which knocked my political worldview all askew.

Before Stimpy I thought:"We" (conservatives) were supposed to be the"good-guys"...Now I see it's not just an Alex Jones rant but "Oh-man" is overtly moving forward towards a tyrannical global govt.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Respect for its authority, compliance with its laws, acquiescence in its measures, are duties enjoined by the fundamental maxims of true liberty. The basis of our political systems is the right of the people to make and to alter their constitutions of government. But the constitution which at any time exists till changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole people is sacredly obligatory upon all. The very idea of the power and the right of the people to establish government presupposes the duty of every individual to obey the established government.”

George the tyrant Washington telling us to obey or else and we should like it because the mob rules and tough if you dont like it.

We like to act shocked when things like this happen but the truth is that this new tyranny we see is just more of the same.

"martial law" is using the military to impose and enforce civilian law. We have never been "under martial law" except I believe during a period of the 1860's civil war. Alot of the ground work was established under "stimpy jr". ( Bush jr.)(i.e. patriotact/military comissions acts)Which knocked my political worldview all askew.

Before Stimpy I thought:"We" (conservatives) were supposed to be the"good-guys"...Now I see it's not just an Alex Jones rant but "Oh-man" is overtly moving forward towards a tyrannical global govt.And it doesn't matter which team is driving the boat.Al we can do is limi their power by limiting the size and scope of govt. back tothe constitutional level

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Before Stimpy I thought:"We" (conservatives) were supposed to be the"good-guys"...Now I see it's not just an Alex Jones rant but "Oh-man" is also overtly moving forward towards a tyrannical global govt. It doesn't matter which team is driving the boat.All we can do is limit their power by limiting the size and scope of govt. back to the constitutional level

edit on 15-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Your comment on the American troops coming home is an interesting thought. They have been killing people not from their country and have been traumatised enough to commit suicide - not a few but hundreds. How will they cope if they have to fire on their own people - how many will be pushed to suicide?

Interesting thought.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Before Stimpy I thought:"We" (conservatives) were supposed to be the"good-guys"...Now I see it's not just an Alex Jones rant but "Oh-man" is overtly moving forward towards a tyrannical global govt.

You seem to have bought into the party line that "neocons" are somehow "conservatives".

They are not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join