Judge Napolitano: We are now under martial law. Everyone in this country is now a potential terroris

page: 1
89
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+33 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Judge (via facebook fan page): We are now under martial law. Everyone in this country is now a potential terrorist and you are required by law to turn in your friends & neighbors if you suspect them.

a few minutes before that: Breaking: Obama backtracks from promise to veto NDAA. Will sign bill allowing indefinite detention of American citizens.

I cannot find an article to confirm.. I seen some on twitter a few minutes ago-- but twitter just happens to be down right now.. hmm... coincidence?

Anyway.. this is possibly the scariest thing I ever read in my life. Are we now.. really the new Nazi G?

Edit: sure here it is! www.facebook.com...
edit on 14-12-2011 by ReadyPower because: Added a link




posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Can we get a link to the Facebook fanpage?



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Judge's Words


2nd line... oh, that's the Facebook page btw.
edit on 14-12-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Obama asked for it according to this Activist Post article from December 10, 2011. I was kind of crushed when I read it. I had hoped they were just trying to scare us....here's an excerpt:

Why Obama Will Not Veto NDAA Military Detention of Americans: He Requested It.
December 10, 2011 Print Version
Source: Ralph Lopez

Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) on Senate floor explaining it was Obama who requested the provision for indefinite military detention of American citizens without charge or trial. Senator Diane Feinstein recently confirmed that she was unable to excise Section 1031 in an email: Senator Feinstein Confirms President and Military Can Detain US Citizens Without a Trial

Like you, I oppose these provisions. Section 1031 is problematic because it authorizes the indefinite detention of American citizens without due process. In this democracy, due process is a fundamental right, and it protects us from being locked up by the government without charge. For this reason, I offered an amendment to prohibit the indefinite detention of U.S. citizens without trial or charge. Unfortunately, on December 1, 2011, this amendment failed by a vote of 45-55.

I was, however, able to reach a compromise with the authors of the defense bill to state that no existing law or authorities to detain suspected terrorists are changed by this section of the bill. While I would have preferred to have restricted the government’s ability to detain U.S. citizens without charge, this compromise at least ensures that the bill does not expand the government’s authority in this area.


There was a video and it's still posted at the link below. However, it has 'been removed by the user'. Things that make you go, "mmmmm". But I just found the same video posted by a different user. Check it out:
www.blacklistednews.com...
edit on 14/12/11 by RainbeauBleu because: added new video


+3 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We were never not under martial law:

Respect for its authority, compliance with its laws, acquiescence in its measures, are duties enjoined by the fundamental maxims of true liberty. The basis of our political systems is the right of the people to make and to alter their constitutions of government. But the constitution which at any time exists till changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole people is sacredly obligatory upon all. The very idea of the power and the right of the people to establish government presupposes the duty of every individual to obey the established government.”


George the tyrant Washington telling us to obey or else and we should like it because the mob rules and tough if you dont like it.

This nation was free for all of a week before it collapsed into tyranny.

We like to act shocked when things like this happen but the truth is that this new tyranny we see is just more of the same.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Just another hyperbolic fear-mongering statement from another FOX idiot.

No more than that.


+37 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Just another hyperbolic fear-mongering statement from another FOX idiot.

No more than that.

Riiiiiiight. Napolitano is the only sane one at Fox News.

And he's right. If S1867 passes (and it will) the military will be able to come in and arrest anyone without any proof without any trial and keep them in jail forever.

That's called MARTIAL LAW.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I watch Judge Napolitano in the evening. He is not another Fox idiot, his show broadcast the same time as O'Rielly. I think every American should watch the Judge at least twice a week. His information seems solid and I do not see an agenda other than trying to wake up the masses. The Judge is correct- the Gov't just ignored our constitutional rights. This is a very scary step.


+35 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6


No more than that.

Just another Miss-informed hyperbolic statement from another ATS idiot.

Fixed
Second line
edit on 14/12/11 by sirric because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What I want to know is....who's going to arrest all the Patriotic Military members who won't go along with this insanity.

Easier said than done, is what I say.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6
 


Don't mess with The Judge. He could school the self proclaimed constitutional scholar sitting in the White House any day of the week. The reality is slapping us right in the face.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Where is the ACLU in all this???

Does the US government even have acknowledge if they do take someone or do they just disappear ???



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203
 


ACLU? They destroy more freedoms/rights than they protect.
Where are they? Ask the NWO.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
We were never not under martial law:

Respect for its authority, compliance with its laws, acquiescence in its measures, are duties enjoined by the fundamental maxims of true liberty. The basis of our political systems is the right of the people to make and to alter their constitutions of government. But the constitution which at any time exists till changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole people is sacredly obligatory upon all. The very idea of the power and the right of the people to establish government presupposes the duty of every individual to obey the established government.”


George the tyrant Washington telling us to obey or else and we should like it because the mob rules and tough if you dont like it.

This nation was free for all of a week before it collapsed into tyranny.

We like to act shocked when things like this happen but the truth is that this new tyranny we see is just more of the same.


Implicit in that text is that the government is also obeying the law, and at least that each person in the government is obeying the law.

I agree that the Grand Universal Power Centralizer is always at work.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I do not live in America and do not recognise some of the people mentioned in threads of a political nature. Can someone help me understand the current political situation regarding martial law.

Has martial law actually been enacted by your government?
If so - did the American people have any say in it?
If not - why not?

Judge Napolitano - supposedly not aligned with the government and trying to wake people up - how do they gain unedited air time when the media is owned and controlled by known cabal/illuminati/whatever associates?

Am interested in this American political situation because I care that people will be caught up in something that sounds quite immoral and evil - not unlike the Nazi regime - we can never go there again it would be unthinkable.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me understand.

Much Peace...



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower
 


At first glance, I would agree with Chamberf's reply. However, Judge Napolitano does have a legitimate
arguement. It appears that the "Fear Factor" has been reflected back to the source.
The majority of The People of The United States of America in Sound Body, Mind, and Spirit, have no need
for this law to pass. Certainly we can weather this storm without resorting to Nazi tactics.
Shameful and disgraceful Legislation from what I have heard second hand.

Trillions of dollars spent on Military Hardware,Software, Surveillance,and Personnel.
Yet The Rights and Liberties of American citizens are under attack from a Legislative Enemy
from within. This Cannot Stand.

Link to Legislation PDF:

www.gpo.gov... 2011

www.opencongress.org...

www.opencongress.org...

Is this the right one? Do any of you fine members have a link to the Actual legislation? S&F

S&F
edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add link to legislation PDF
edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: I'll find the right one eventually
edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Working on the correct link
edit on 14-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add Link/Content



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Just another hyperbolic fear-mongering statement from another FOX idiot.

No more than that.


Troll much?

Watch the vid in this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Its Rachel Maddow speaking out about this same problem that is arising...maybe you will join in the cause then? Or maybe you like being spied on and the potential to be thrown into GITMO indefinately without a trail? Or maybe you are one of those shills that are paid to disrupt conversations on boards like this (there is thread on the boards here that shows evidence of this happening now). Who knows?



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
I do not live in America and do not recognise some of the people mentioned in threads of a political nature. Can someone help me understand the current political situation regarding martial law.

Has martial law actually been enacted by your government?
If so - did the American people have any say in it?
If not - why not?

Judge Napolitano - supposedly not aligned with the government and trying to wake people up - how do they gain unedited air time when the media is owned and controlled by known cabal/illuminati/whatever associates?

Am interested in this American political situation because I care that people will be caught up in something that sounds quite immoral and evil - not unlike the Nazi regime - we can never go there again it would be unthinkable.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me understand.

Much Peace...


We do not have martial law in the normal sence of the phrase. Appearently there is a legal structure that is not currently connected to any enforcement agency, (Nobody can use it) but it does exsist, according to Judge Napolitano.

We americans have a say in the sence that we elect the people who made the legal structure in question, but typically we have to vote for candidates selected and financially maintained by the system. Who knows how a candidate appears on a ballot? Something to do with the system liking him or her.

judge Napolitano is consistantly reporting and commenting the infringement and abrogation of constitutional laws by the government. I don't know why. High ratings make money, some people at the top are probably constitutionalist. Maybe he's a controlled burn so that the mainstream fire will have no fuel when it gets to him.

I'm sure his airtime is not unrestricted and whatever he says is less than what could be said. That is the nature of commercial and regulated media.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well it just passed the house.


US House OKs defense bill with Iran sanctions and new rules for handling terrorism suspects - Reuters
31 minutes ago via breakingnews.com





top topics
 
89
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join