It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Treasure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well, a few days ago I was going over some Free Mason stuff with a friend of mine and the movie National Treasure was mentioned. I started thinking about it, at first believing that something as stupid as that could never exist, but as I thought about it more and more one thing came to mind: The Arc of the Covenant. Regarded partly as myth, as far as I know, the crusades were reported as complete failures until the last one, when the "Knights Templar" found the Arc of the Covenant and were charged with safe-keeping it. I remember reading something that said eventually it was hid in North America, not necessarily US, and the location has long since been forgotten. Although, you would have to believe that something as important as the Arc of the Covenant (supposedly holding the Ten Commandments) wouldn't have been stashed without something documenting where it is. It is possible the Knights Templar thought it was so important to keep it safe that they didn't document it, but whatever. As I was saying, the relevance to the Free Masons is that the movie itself mentions the masons multiple times, and regard them as the ones who stored the "treasure" themselves. Although the point of this post is not whether or not there IS treasure, but the possibility that there could BE a treasure whether it be the Arc of the covenant or not. My general opinion is that: YES, I'm sure their could be, and I'm sure that the government knows where it is and is hiding it from us. the reason being, the government already does that. Area 51, TONS of things in the Restricted Section of the Library of Congress, Political documents, etc, etc, etc. The point is that there very well could be a National treasure.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If there is a National Treasure, such as in the movie, it wouldn't be property of the U.S. It belongs to other countries, brought here from over seas.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

After all this time and nobody has put a claim to it then if it exists, it is ours.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Wait, so if know one knows where their treasure is, and they don't know who to ask, it's fair for us to say "well, now it's ours," if we do indeed have it? Also, does that law apply to all countries involved?
edit on 14-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

That all depends, do we even know who it would belong to?

Are they going to have people line up and describe the pieces that they say are theirs?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

That all depends, do we even know who it would belong to?

Are they going to have people line up and describe the pieces that they say are theirs?

Well, if someone knows where this treasure is, surely they would know the history of it and where it came from. Besides, archeologists could probably determine where it came from as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepzilla

Can you provide some sources?
I'd just like to read these articles, always love a good treasure hunt read! haha.

As for my opinion, the country it's found in, should be the one who gets to keep it, regardless of who history says it belongs to. I think this because the people who put it in the place it is today, was because it will be discovered by the right people. No i dont mean the right race, religion, culture. What i mean is the right type of person, who will know where it needs to be, and what needs to be done. (Just my opinion, im not saying this is fact)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I am not an archaeologist but is it even possible to tell where it came from, as in what country it was dug out of the ground. I am just asking, it seems to me it would be traced back to a supernova, if we are talking gold that is.

edit on 14-12-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I am not an archaeologist but is it even possible to tell where it came from, as in what country it was dug out of the ground. I am just asking, it seems to me it would be traced back to a supernova, if we are talking gold that is.

I'm not an archeologist either, but when I think of treasure, I think of gold coins, statues, gems, etc. I'm thinking there are ways to trace where these things come from, depending on design, etc....especially if the Ark of the Covenant is actually part of this treasure. I could be wrong.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Precious metals I am not sure about, but as far as diamonds are concerned they can be traced back to a specific geological location.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Precious metals I am not sure about, but as far as diamonds are concerned they can be traced back to a specific geological location.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Now if there are coins, there should be some indication as to where they are from. If there are statues, there is probably a way to tell what culture they are from. If the Ark of the Covenant exists, and it is there too, well, we know it's not from the U.S.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The Arc of the Covenant should, in theory, look exactly how it is depicted in Indian Jones, which is about the Arc. But the contents inside, if I'm not mistaken, are slabs in which the Ten Commandments are inscribed on. If in fact it was stored in North America, it would in fact not belong to us. The reason being: it would have been stored here before Europeans had even thought of colonizing the West. Not to say that if Americans did find it that we'd MOST likely keep it to ourselves. Hmm as for sources, I can't think of the article, but as for other information on the Arc. I believe I started thinking about it having watched an episode of Brad Meltzer's Decoded (more informative than one would think), as for documents: you may as well look up some Jewish websites or just google "Arc of the Covenant". The reason I say Jewish websites is that the Arc was carried by Jews while traveling the desert and it has a better history of the Arc itself. It was said that the Arc housed the Ten Commandments and was stored in the Holy of Holies and was accessible once a year by the High Priest. Interestingly enough, the comedy movie "Year One" accurately describes the Holy of Holies, but not exactly, in that it was inaccessible and that all who went in would immediately die. It doesn't mention the Arc itself, but the fingerprints are there: anyone who entered the Holy of Holies would be burned alive by a blast of fire coming from the Arc. Similarly, it was said that the Arc was carried some 2000 cubits in front of the traveling Jewish nation and would burn snakes, scorpions, etc to protect the people.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepzilla

Well come to think of it, moving from the status of a few Patriots to becoming the Worlds
Superpower (Economically,Militarily,Scientifically,Culturally,Inventively, and in many other ways in 200 years,
is rather astounding. But as our Forefathers had so wisely mentioned, it is a matter of holding on to it
and keeping it that way. Maybe there is some truth behind the legend of the treasure.

Indeed, as one of our members had replied, possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Cool thread
S&F

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here is a link that states it could be in the 'Oak Island Money Pit'

If it is, that would certainly explain the reason to build such a, extraordinary 'safe'.

I myself would love to get in there and help fund and research a project to figure out how to retrieve whats been hidden for so long.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anishnaabe

It certainly would be amazing to see what it really is. But that could be said about MANY things. Mostly things relating to religion. But I would KILL to see Area 51. Not literally though. But its clearly important enough to be keeping it from MILLIONS of people that look to the government to protect us, not keep things from us.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

After all this time and nobody has put a claim to it then if it exists, it is ours.

By 'ours' you surely mean the Elite here, right? Because you and I will never see a dime of any national treasure. I mean, now would be as good a time as ever to cash it in to balance the budget and pay off everybody's personal debts, and feed the starving... but, Nooo! It'll never happen. It may as well belong to another country, all the good it will do the average joe here in the good ol' US of A.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

That is definitely true. the Common people have always got the short end of the stick. The elite have always been calling the shots and it's probably going to remain that way until something is done about it.

new topics

top topics

join