It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Strange Light Effects In the Arctic Sky Are Not UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

We live in a wonderful world indeed. And in places like Greenland, the skies are wonderful too, full of spectres, ringed glories, sundogs, coronas, lunar halos and cloudbows. These weird atmospheric optical phenomenons are common there.

It's probably pretty clear to most people looking at these anomalies that they are not UFOs but I thought it was a cool article and enjoyed the pictures. It sure would be nice to see something around here other than gray skies.

Link

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hi Domo, how are you? Lonely in here?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Nice find Domo.

Looks kind of like what we call sun dogs, still nice pics

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Hi Domo, how are you? Lonely in here?

well to be fair this thread is quite patronising.
maybe would be better if was posted in fragile earth, but yes those are pretty pictures.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm pretty familiar with these kind of atmospherical phenomenas , since i live here up north. Although during the winter you see at least some of them on a regural basis, they still look beautiful each time.

For more halos and other related stuff: Atmospheric Optics.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It looks cold up there. Unusual yet beautiful sky. But I think I would stay down further south.

There is something about the North Circumference, and the North Star. So this beautiful cosmic sign seems to fit in somehow.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

well to be fair this thread is quite patronising.

I didn't intend it to be 'patronising' at all. I am actually confused why you thought that. Was it the title? I just used the one from the original article.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hi Domo! Your a newer member but have the knowledge of a long time member. What we are witnessing is government mother nature modification. We can now create things not possible until now from reverse engineering alien technology from crashed UFO technology in which we created the malfunctions in the crafts, most of the things we thought weren't possible are possible, they were just hidden, as knowledge is power, and power is control.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown32

Hi Domo! Your a newer member but have the knowledge of a long time member.

Thanks. There is a slight chance I had an account a long time ago.

What we are witnessing is government mother nature modification.

I thought these phenomena were explained as normal.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lithops

Hey thanks for that link!

It looks cold up there. Unusual yet beautiful sky. But I think I would stay down further south.

You and me both Unity. I'm whining about the cold in WA lately.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Why is this thread not in the HOAX bin?

These are not UFO's or Aliens. I thought posting non UFO's in the UFO section got one banned

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Why is this thread not in the HOAX bin?

These are not UFO's or Aliens. I thought posting non UFO's in the UFO section got one banned

Zorgon m'friend, aren't you being a little formal? If OP puts this in the 'science' section then someone in that community will belly ache and say they don't feel UFO should co-mingle over there either.

Now I question if all these lights are natural anomalies anyway. Especially the first photo depicting an orange figure all the way to right.

Sometimes I think science is nothing but a bunch of Neanderthals with writing capabilities. I liken many of their findings to when the first caveman must've looked at a delicious lobster and thought "I don't know what the hell this is but it's definitely not a source of food............"

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Pretty smart neanderthal when he knows how to catch a lobster, because you can't just wonder up to one and look at it, they kinda live in the ocean...didn't ya know?

So before he can say "I don't know what the hell this is but it's definitely not a source of food............" He will need to firstly, know how to swim, since lobster are out deep, then he needs to know how to free dive at depths over 4m deep. Then he needs to find a cave or crevice where a lobster might be hiding and then he needs to know how to catch it without getting snipped and then he needs to know how to hang on to it whilst swimming back to shore.

Then he can decide if it's worth eating or not and I reckon, after learning all these new skills and going to all that effort to catch it, they will eat the thing.

Now I'm not suggesting you're being ridiculous but perhaps you should step away from the computer that neanderthals made, stand up from the chair that neanderthals, walk away from the desk that neanderthals made, on the floor that neanderthals made, in the shoes that neanderthals made, inside the house that neanderthals made outside onto the road that neanderthals made, walk past the car that neanderthals made and keep walking until you get to the ocean and catch a bloody lobster with you bare hands.

edit on 15/12/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Out of interest.. at what point did someone claim these to be UFOs?

They're just nice looking pictures lol...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

These are cool pictures ! I didn't even know cloudbows exist !!

But shouldn't this be in Fragile Earth?

A&U doesn't seem appropriate. S&F for the find though...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

top topics

join