It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs NDAA 2012 into Law [Not Verified]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Welcome to the Police State. Martial Law is now just around the corner (or arguably here NOW)

EDIT: REMOVED LINK because it was for NDAA 2011. Oops. My information that the law was signed came from Occupy Nashville attorneys that had just met with Senator Corker. Standby for links to the NDAA 2012 passage as they appear...

FYI Occupy Nashville is currently streaming live from just outside the offices of Senator Corker in Nashville, where the meeting was held. livestream.com... (Scratch that - they just started marching back to the camp)

EDIT 3: This is STILL unconfirmed. It's quite possible the information was incorrect... still trying to verify.

Under the legislation, a literal police state will be installed over the United States. Republican Congressman Ron Paul said earlier this week that “this should be the biggest news going right now,” as the legislation would allow mean “literally legalizing martial law.” “This step where they can literally arrest American citizens and put them away without trial….is arrogant and bold and dangerous,” said the congressman and potential Republican Party nominee for president.

rt.com...

If Obama does one thing for the remainder of his presidency let it be a veto of the National Defense Authorization Act – a law recently passed by the Senate which would place domestic terror investigations and interrogations into the hands of the military and which would open the door for trial-free, indefinite detention of anyone, including American citizens, so long as the government calls them terrorists. So much for innocent until proven guilty. So much for limited government. What Americans are now facing is quite literally the end of the line. We will either uphold the freedoms baked into our Constitutional Republic, or we will scrap the entire project in the name of security as we wage, endlessly, this futile, costly, and ultimately self-defeating War on Terror.

www.forbes.com...

edit on 14-12-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

Your link discusses the signing of HR 6523, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011. The bill in the House now is HR 1540, the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2012.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Scary times... what is even more scary, is as George Carlin one said "Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care."

As our rights and freedoms are being taken away, the majority of citizens are ignorant, or, again, DON'T care. Try to explain this, and they just use the usual "Its for the best Obama wouldn't do that" reply. End of conversation.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

The article is from January of 2011... but I understand your concerns.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Whoopsy... lemme correct that.

I got my information that the law had been signed from people on the ground at Sen Bob Corker's office in Nashville. I was just trying to find links to add to this... guess I found old ones.

Stay tuned - links should start appearing shortly.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is the second comment from the link you posted....

Dec. 14, 2011 - 4:27 PM EST

This article is from 01-11, January 2011, and refers to the bill signed at the beginning of this year. This does not pertain to the controversial 2012 NDAA bill being passed by congress in December of 2011.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
One more thing-

"Judge Andrew Napolitano
We are now under martial law. Everyone in this country is now a potential terrorist and you are required by law to turn in your friends & neighbors if you suspect them. "

BTW this may be nothing-- but Twitter just happens to be down RIGHT NOW.. shortly after news of the bill is passed.
edit on 14-12-2011 by ReadyPower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

THOMAS and the House floor proceedings still do not show the bill having passed in its current form ... very unlikely they could pass it this late in the afternoon, print an official copy, have it certified by the clerk, and get it signed.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Im seeing that, too. Still trying to re-confirm what we were told... o.O

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Apparently they got us again the Dam Thing was hiding in that payroll tax oil pipeline bull mess I guess for those working stiffs not only are you going to pay more taxes and have a #ing outsourced oil pipe crossing over the largest fresh water aquifer in the country if you say anything about it they will say your a "Terrorist" and kick your ass out of the world.

but then that might be the plan start the austerity measures in the States start building the pipeline and when the the people in Kansas buck send the Army in to Secure the Homeland

I know it Alex Jones but he's got some serious guys on the Hill Go RP

I maybe shouldn't have said anything about Ron Paul Libertarians are "Terrorists" too also I was just saying on a earlier thread those #ers can sure play the Game:

edit on 14-12-2011 by bakedbluedevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

They agreed to the conference report at 6:57, falling 7 votes short of a veto-proof majority (assuming I can do math). Although it looks like Obama says he is not going to veto it, now.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If this/these "defense" bills pass, and go "live", as in, people start getting carted away, can we not as a nation, impeach our Prez and congressional leaders?

Anyone know if we are losing this power too?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Just got this from twitter:

BreakingNews Breaking News
US House OKs defense bill with Iran sanctions and new rules for handling terrorism suspects - Reuters
22 minutes ago

So that was reported just a bit before 6 PM central Dec 14, 2011.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

The authority to "cart away" Americans went "live" in 2001, when the Authorization for Use of Military Force was enacted. Jose Padilla was carted away. The FY2012 NDAA does not expand the scope of that Authorization.

We, as a nation, cannot impeach the President. Only the House of Representatives can do this. I don't think US legislators can be recalled. They can be expelled by 2/3 of their house, but it's rare, and that's not what you want anyway.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
If this/these "defense" bills pass, and go "live", as in, people start getting carted away, can we not as a nation, impeach our Prez and congressional leaders?

Anyone know if we are losing this power too?

Won't happen. You need to remove them forcefully.

Occupy Washington DC. With armed protesters. Block all the roads. Everything. Till they resign or start shooting. Either way, they are done.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What I dont get, why remove the last vestiges of the constitution in plain sight? Not even modern war is initiated with a decleration of war, more like with a sneak attack. Why would the administration want the people aware and alert over this bill and probably up in arms too?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
What I dont get, why remove the last vestiges of the constitution in plain sight? Not even modern war is initiated with a decleration of war, more like with a sneak attack. Why would the administration want the people aware and alert over this bill and probably up in arms too?

Because they are full of arrogance. They have seen the American people lick their boots again and again every time they pushed for more anti-American laws... so they just don't care.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. Ok, we the people can not impeach, how about recall? We got Governor Gray Davis recalled here in California in the last 10 years. It was put into action by the citizens of our state signing petitions calling for his recall.

Seems there should be something we the people can do that does not involve civil unrest.

I don't know if we can wait for Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Someone just posted this in another thread

www.thepetitionsite.com...

It's regarding impeaching those senators that voted for indefinite detention.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join